Fake Bosses

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
Anyone else seen fake Bosses on the road? I still haven't seen another Boss on the road but have seen two clones.

The first was a '12 Kona blue V6. White C stripe and hood decal, Boss written across the rear bumper :rolleyes:

Second was a red '13 5.0. Hockey stick stripes were exact replicas of the real deals (saying Boss 302 down the quarter) but were solid black instead of reflective. Biggest giveaway was that it was a convertible.

Sad to only see imitators and no other real ones on the road, but it could just be my town since there are two V6s with GT500 bodywork rolling around, too.

Davemcc

Established Member
I saw a blue Mustang coming towards me on the highway with a '12 Boss hood with the black decal. As it got closer, I spotted the C-stripe down the side. Just as it passed by, my wife says "It's a convertible". :burn:

I was so busy checking out the stripes that I hadn't noticed.:bored:

OrangeCompete

Roadrunner
Established Member

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
I've only seen 3 Boss' in Northern VA, aside from dealerships of course.
- 2012 Yellow Blaze
- 2012 PW
- 2013 GB

And I remember the night I bought my 2013 PW I saw (what I thought was) a 2013 GHIG Boss 302. But it was a V6 with the decals. I heard that Ford offers the Boss decals but without the "BOSS 302" lettering.

It's amazing how little other people know about our cars. Somone who works in my hospital saw my Boss at the barracks. That person is friends with one of my co-workers and thought my car was a V6 with "stickers" and thats coming from someone who drives a Challenger R/T. Better to be underestimated than overestimated I guess

rickmaura@embar

Beemer
Established Member
If you go to the Tony Branda Mustang parts web site you can buy a kit for $4000+ to convert your 1967-68 Mustang to a Shelby GT 350/500. The kit includes tail lights, grill, body parts, inside parts, stripes, badges, etc. to make the perfect clone. Converting a standard Mustang into a Boss is a simple undertaking.

Last edited:

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
I have the 13 style boss stripes on mine just because I love the look, Mine does not say BOSS anywhere on it what so ever and I have never tried to pass mine off as a boss. I just loved the look and my friend at BIGWORM GRAPHIX needed a 13 to design some stripes so I let him use my car and decided to keep it for a while. I will remove them prolly after the summer most likely. I can not stand people that put snakes on a non cobra, or BOSS or MACH 1 or SHELBY on something that is not one.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Seen a few 05-09 GT's and V-6's with the 70 hockey stick stripes with word Boss in various locations in the strip. Then there was those bright orange Boss's that was made in the late 90's also. But any fake ones with actual Boss 302 on them, I have not seen.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
There is a black 10' v6 conv with red 13 style boss stripes with the boss 302 name in place in my neighbourhood.. The car looks like a rental with stripes. I wait for day we meet..... I am going to play dumb and mess with him... Lol

nickf2005

Established Member
SSVT? Super Special Vehicle Team?

Welcome to the club of imitators. I see more cobra badges on POS V6's than I do real Shelby and Cobras. I have yet to see a fake Boss though.

sean04

Established Member
All that, and they didn't even put Recaro's in it? :nonono:

Recaro's were an option, not all bosses have them

And who really cares? Not everyone can afford a boss. And if they like the look so be it.

Last edited:

gt347mustang

Established Member
Like all the people putting cobra emblems on the older cars.

tumblr_lsv5t8uGTL1qeo9kno1_500.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread