Fake Bosses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaney5.0

Not to self, buy gay ass stick on plastic shit and vynal decals from americanrice.com *cough* I mean americanmuscle.com and proceed to sell my 28k dollar 5.0 premium as a 60k dollar boss 302....

Para81

Established Member
If you go to the Tony Branda Mustang parts web site you can buy a kit for $4000+ to convert your 1967-68 Mustang to a Shelby GT 350/500. The kit includes tail lights, grill, body parts, inside parts, stripes, badges, etc. to make the perfect clone. Converting a standard Mustang into a Boss is a simple undertaking.

Want to do a conversion? Well here ya go...

Boss 302R Intake
Forged Pistons
Upgraded Con-Rods
Race-Spec Main and Rod Bearings
Larger Sodium Filled Exhaust Valves
Hi-Lift Exhaust Cams
7500 RPM Limit
CNC’d Heads
Oil Cooler
Larger Radiator
Revised Radiator Plumbing
Revised Oil Pan Baffling
Race Inspired Clutch
3.73 Axle Ratio
Finned Aluminum Diff Cover
Limited Slip Diff with carbon fiber plates (Torsen Limited Slip Available)
Quad Exhaust
Suspension
Higher Rate Springs (lowered 11MM front – 1MM rear)
Adjustable Struts/Shocks
25MM Rear Anti-roll bar (GT is 24MM)
Tuned Electronic Steering with 3 Settings
Unique traction control system settings
Unique electronic stability control settings
TracKey - Additional Key that enables the PCM setting of the 302R (dealer flash required)

Body
Black or White Roof Panel and Coordinated C-Stripe
Unique Front Facia with Blocked off Fog Lamps and Splitter
Small Rear Spoiler

Interior
Alcantara Steering Wheel
Unique Shift Knob
Unique Cloth Seats (Recaros available)
Cloth Door Panel Insert
Dark Metallic Instrument Panel Finish
Unique Guages
Unique Door Sill
11 Pounds of Sound Deadening Removed
Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Brembo 14 inch vented discs front
Boss specific rear compounds pads rear
Vented Brake Shields
Unique ABS tuning
Reinforced Brake Lines
Lightweight 19X9 and 19X9.5 Wheels
Pirelli P-Zero Tires 255/40/ZR19 Front 285/35/ZR19 Rear

Laguna Seca Package
Available in Black or Silver with Red Accents
Rear Seat Delete
Standard Recaro Seats
Rear Body Stiffening X-Brace
Softer Front and Firmer Rear Springs
Stiffer Damper Settings
Larger 26MM Rear Anti-Roll Bar
Unique 19x9 Front and 19x10 Rear wheels
Pirelli Corsa Tires 255/40/ZR19 Front and 285/35/ZR19 Rear
Larger Front Splitter Pedestal Rear Spoiler
Brake Ducts
Torsen Diff Standard
Auxiliary Gauge Package with Oil/Water Temp and Lap Timer
Unique Laguna Seca rear medallian

SIMPLE :lol:

Last edited:

5ohpowa

Established Member
Sorry for whoever is offender by clones but I'm guilty. I don't tell anyone its real but I love the look of the boss but for a daily driver my premium package car is very nice and for $15,000 less money it makes sense for me financially. One day I'll buy a real one(probably once the depreciate a bit when the new body style comes out) anyways here she is.
IMG_20130616_135446-1.jpg
I decided not to use the boss grille as I wanted a cleaner look. But the fenders emblem holes were welded and I did the stripes in vinyl and the mirrors,roof and tail panel in paint on the correct colors. I'm getting the boss manifold this coming weekend and all that is left in the looks department is the tall spoiler which I should have in a few weeks. I'm still undecided on the rear seat delete but the heated leather seats are here to stay lol. Its a brembo/3.73 gear car with exhaust final plans will include cat deletes and a cam tune to go along with the boss intake.

5ohpowa

Established Member
And here are the wheels. I need to swap the centercaps over from my brembo wheels still. I painted this to match, but made them cleaner than o.e by painting the inside black and clearing it so that brake dust doesn't show inside(I've put over 5k miles on it on two months) since it is daily driven. You can hate it if you like but I love my car :)
IMG_20130608_102319_833.jpg

Last edited:

NinjaBum

Established Member
I've pondered getting the hockey stick side stripes on the sides, but I'd prolly only put them on if they either had no lettering or only "302" without the "BOSS" above it.

I think that would be clear enough that it isnt trying to be something it isn't, but I'm sure some Boss owner would still get butthurt sometime down the line.

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
I've pondered getting the hockey stick side stripes on the sides, but I'd prolly only put them on if they either had no lettering or only "302" without the "BOSS" above it.

I think that would be clear enough that it isnt trying to be something it isn't, but I'm sure some Boss owner would still get butthurt sometime down the line.

That's what I have and I love em

20130407_150212_zpsf68ba664.jpg

scottq60

I talked with my GM at the dealership here and we're just too far apart. Question to moderators...how do I have a thread deleted?

Last edited by a moderator:

scottq60

Chris...that is just flat GORGEOUS... I think it's better looking than an actual '12 Boss...personally, I don't like the color combinations on them. I like your solid color MUCH better!

NinjaBum

Established Member
Where were you able to get those stripes Chris? Most places I see have large kits with hood stripes and such I have no interest in using.

SD_Stang

Established Member
I have the BOSS 302 S Grille and the lower Fascia, I will probably add the brake ducts and tranny cooler but would never add BOSS Stripes or anything that didn't have some sort of functional reason for being on my car.

Hence I bought a Base Brembo/3:73 car and have been happy ever since. I'd be a little happier with a BOSS but I don't lose any sleep over not having one.

Chris is that the CF Tiger Racing Hood or the Fiberglass? Also have you had it long enough to get a few days of rain, any negatives on it? I've always wanted one of those hoods as the 11-12's have no Heat Extractors.

Last edited:

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
I'm also guilty, lol:

cwe-40.jpg

cwe-52.jpg

This car is beautiful....I have nothing against clones, look at how many "fake" 427 Cobras are out there yet they get a crowd around them at shows all the time. I had a GT350 clone before I got my real one, you drive what you can afford.

DA BOSS 13

Established Member
I've only seen 3 Boss' in Northern VA, aside from dealerships of course.
- 2012 Yellow Blaze
- 2012 PW
- 2013 GB

And I remember the night I bought my 2013 PW I saw (what I thought was) a 2013 GHIG Boss 302. But it was a V6 with the decals. I heard that Ford offers the Boss decals but without the "BOSS 302" lettering.

It's amazing how little other people know about our cars. Somone who works in my hospital saw my Boss at the barracks. That person is friends with one of my co-workers and thought my car was a V6 with "stickers" and thats coming from someone who drives a Challenger R/T. Better to be underestimated than overestimated I guess

I got my car (2013 SBY BOSS) at Jerry's Ford in Annandale, but took it down to Central VA, I couldn't find one in my color, and find anyone that would deal on one in my home area.

Chris_Red_V8

Shiny.
Established Member
Where were you able to get those stripes Chris? Most places I see have large kits with hood stripes and such I have no interest in using.

Competition Graphics. Email Daryl Clausen at [FONT=&quot][email protected] and he will get you squared away. Just ask for the 302R hockey stripes like he just made for Chris Wynne. He does them for the Grand Am 302R cars, and I believe the S cars as well. Plenty of color options, and these guys are the highest quality graphics makers I've ever dealt with. They can do whatever you'd like at the top, I'd recommend at least having 302 or something in the top as without it they end abruptly mid fender and it looks a bit awkward (I tried my first set that way).
[/FONT]

Chris is that the CF Tiger Racing Hood or the Fiberglass? Also have you had it long enough to get a few days of rain, any negatives on it? I've always wanted one of those hoods as the 11-12's have no Heat Extractors.

I went with fiberglass as I wanted a smooth finish and had expected a lot of street use. The carbon is really a race part, its finish isn't smooth, its very light and the finishing on it really is race quality, not concours level stuff (which is fine for a racecar). Weight difference was negligible to me

This car is beautiful....I have nothing against clones, look at how many "fake" 427 Cobras are out there yet they get a crowd around them at shows all the time. I had a GT350 clone before I got my real one, you drive what you can afford.

As of last year, it would have been cheaper to buy the boss (and even the 5k+ ADM car I had put a deposit on). The car has almost every part in the boss catalog with the exceptions of the rubber brake lines, chain tensioners, optional recaros (soon to change) and torsen t2 (going with a T2R when I wear the tlok out). I've had to replace the motor with a MMR built roadrunner, and the rest of the car is fully worked over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread