F-150 or Tundra

Svt4ever22

Established Member
pic-20792.jpeg

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
that's not even the "new" body.. Ford came out with a brand new F150 this last year as a 2009.. (you can easily tell them from the 04-08 in the little swoosh on the tailgate, that sticks out about an inch at the top of it)

You know what I meant. We're splittin hairs here lol. :poke:

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Tundra will last longer. But if you want cheaper price then go with a Ford. I priced out a CrewMax 4wd not long ago with just about every option came to right about 48k I think but had talked to dealer and was down to 42k. So went with a Shelby GT500 for that price. LOL.

Its built in America just like Ford. Tundra is built in Texas.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
buy american!

So, buy a Tundra? lol. They are made in Texas after all. ;-)

Those videos are just Ford propaganda. Frame stiffness does NOT equal frame strength. The Tundra is a very capable truck and the issues it had at launch have been ironed out already. My dad's '07 has been virtually flawless so far.

Would I buy one over an F150? No. The F150 is a proven truck and parts are cheap and plentiful. Who knows how a Tundra will fare at 100K+ miles.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member

Those videos are just Ford propaganda. Frame stiffness does NOT equal frame strength. The Tundra is a very capable truck and the issues it had at launch have been ironed out already. My dad's '07 has been virtually flawless so far.

Would I buy one over an F150? No. The F150 is a proven truck and parts are cheap and plentiful. Who knows how a Tundra will fare at 100K+ miles.

I had a 2000 Tundra. Sold it with 143k miles. Only thing I had to replace was normal wear and tear items (brakes, rotors, tires, etc.) and starter. Not bad if you ask me. Paid 30k for it new sold it for 10,750.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Not that I would EVER take a Tundra over a F150 in a million years, but these "tests" are good for a nice laugh. Are these performed by an independent, 3rd party, or are they "special" Ford tests? I would guess the latter.

You can develop a test to show anything you want. Still, don't buy a damn Tundra.

Call the vids what you want but they are very telling, and true. If they were not true you can guarantee Toyota would have already sued Ford over them. I guess I just prefer my trucks to not "drop on the deck and flop like a fish! SpongeBob SquarePants!" :D

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Laugh all you want. Just telling you from experience.
Ford builds good stuff as well but after about 5 years or so start to hear creeks and issues start poping up. But hell of alot cheaper to fix than a toyota.
When something breaks on a Toyota bring the bank. They are proud of their products.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I'm not sold yet on the Raptor styling. It looks ugly IMO.

I agreed with you until I saw one in person. It looks insane.

Ford builds good stuff as well but after about 5 years or so start to hear creeks and issues start poping up. But hell of alot cheaper to fix than a toyota.
When something breaks on a Toyota bring the bank. They are proud of their products.

I am laughing. My Explorer has 196k on it, and is still in one piece. Meanwhile, my parents' friends' Toyotas have blown up motors and simply fallen apart on the inside.

Last edited:

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
I had a 2000 Tundra. Sold it with 143k miles. Only thing I had to replace was normal wear and tear items (brakes, rotors, tires, etc.) and starter. Not bad if you ask me. Paid 30k for it new sold it for 10,750.

Yes but the '07 is a completely different animal. I know the 4.7L is proven because its been around for quite a while (thats the engine my dad's truck has) but the 5.7L and its 6-speed auto are brand new designs. So far its looking pretty good though.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Yes but the '07 is a completely different animal. I know the 4.7L is proven because its been around for quite a while (thats the engine my dad's truck has) but the 5.7L and its 6-speed auto are brand new designs. So far its looking pretty good though.

Yeah I know the 5.7 is way more power. Toyota put alot of thought into the new truck. Did their best to build a all out work truck. Altho most of the ones that I see on the road are just average people using them.

Even my 2000 had a few bugs that needed to be worked out. Oxygen sensors were the main thing. But first year runs always have issues.

Last edited:

3Mach1

Established Member
Toyota is not quite as good as they once were. I have owned Chevys, Fords, and Toyotas for the last 30 years. At one time, Toyota was way ahead of everybody but not anymore. They are slipping big time and the Tundra is proof to me they had no idea how to build a full size truck.

The best thing about the Tundra is the 5.7 engine. Other than that you can keep the rest of it. Oh, dont forget if you really plan on using as a truck to get a couple of extra tailgates that literally come apart at the seams when loading a 4 wheeler or something. Just google Tundra tailgate and see what you come up with. :D

While Ford may be down a bit on power they are by far imo the best built truck out there. Many will argue they are not down on power since you seldom drag race a truck anyway. There is a reason they sell so well. The Tundra sucks in the sales dept and has been an embarrassment to the company. They just figured everybody would buy one since it was a Yota but they thought wrong. ;-)

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member

How many Ford trucks have you owned? BTW- Your last paragraph doesn't really give a good argument bud.

Toyota is not quite as good as they once were. I have owned Chevys, Fords, and Toyotas for the last 30 years. At one time, Toyota was way ahead of everybody but not anymore. They are slipping big time and the Tundra is proof to me they had no idea how to build a full size truck.

The best thing about the Tundra is the 5.7 engine. Other than that you can keep the rest of it. Oh, dont forget if you really plan on using as a truck to get a couple of extra tailgates that literally come apart at the seams when loading a 4 wheeler or something. Just google Tundra tailgate and see what you come up with. :D

While Ford may be down a bit on power they are by far imo the best built truck out there. Many will argue they are not down on power since you seldom drag race a truck anyway. There is a reason they sell so well. The Tundra sucks in the sales dept and has been an embarrassment to the company. They just figured everybody would buy one since it was a Yota but they thought wrong. ;-)

Probably the best post yet :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread