F-150 or Tundra

DCOURTS

Established Member
Ok guys, I am going all in and am going to buy my first pick up. Its been a long time waiting for this. I'm trying to decided between a 2010 F-150 FX4 or a 2010 Tundra TRD.

Does anyone have any opinions, suggestions, and/or experiences?

:shrug:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
You're on a Ford site bud, you got to expect the outcome. All I got to say is the F150 is the best selling vehicle in the world which should tell you what truck is the best. The new ones are hands down the nicest trucks on the market so it would be an easy decision for me.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Ford. Now that that's out of the way, what will you be doing with the truck? A Super Duty may be a better choice for you.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
This may help you decide.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRfE_XAk2mE"]YouTube - Ford F150 vs Toyota Tundra - Frame Strength[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrieIkkTx7Y"]YouTube - 2009 Ford F150 Vs. 2008 Toyota Tundra[/ame]

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
the new F150's are nice! The interior quality is way improved.

People buy the tundras just to say my truck goes fast. Its not a good truck, its a flimsy truck. the F150 IS a truck

DCOURTS

Established Member
I like the super duty 250 so much better than the f-150 but I wont be doing a whole lot of towing so, to me it seems a bit uneccessary.

And i know this is a ford site, i just wanted to hear everyones thoughts as to why the love the f-150

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yup. Just because the Tundra is a little quicker, it doesn't mean that it's better. I had an 04 FX4 (First year of the new body style) and I couldn't of been happier. I sold it to get my wife a new Taurus, otherwise I wouldn't of EVER gotten rid of it.

My toys will be paid off soon and then I'll be getting back into another Ford truck. But it may be a SD this time.

Ford Trucks FTMFW :rockon:

65fastback2+2

Established Member
ford! had an audi a4 before my f150 and my f150 is more comfortable and rides smoother...i love this vehicle

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yup. Just because the Tundra is a little quicker, it doesn't mean that it's better. I had an 04 FX4 (First year of the new body style) and I couldn't of been happier. I sold it to get my wife a new Taurus, otherwise I wouldn't of EVER gotten rid of it.

My toys will be paid off soon and then I'll be getting back into another Ford truck. But it may be a SD this time.

Ford Trucks FTMFW :rockon:

that's not even the "new" body.. Ford came out with a brand new F150 this last year as a 2009.. (you can easily tell them from the 04-08 in the little swoosh on the tailgate, that sticks out about an inch at the top of it)

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I like the super duty 250 so much better than the f-150 but I wont be doing a whole lot of towing so, to me it seems a bit uneccessary.

And i know this is a ford site, i just wanted to hear everyones thoughts as to why the love the f-150

I was just bustin your chops. If you're not doing much towing have you looked into the SVT Raptor?

2010_Ford_F-150_SVT_Raptor.jpg

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
I'd say F150...but I'm not a huge fan of the styling of either. As far as looks go, I'd rather have a chevy.

Superduty owns all...and what I'll be looking for. The raptor is pretty cool, and if it's in your budget go for it.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I'm not sold yet on the Raptor styling. It looks ugly IMO.

I love those style of trucks and I particularly like what SVT did with it better than the regular F150. I love how the grill doesn't protrude into the hood on it and the widened fenders and stance are just badass!

KingJay

!!!!!!!!!!
Established Member
I love those style of trucks and I particularly like what SVT did with it better than the regular F150. I love how the grill doesn't protrude into the hood on it and the widened fenders and stance are just badass!

I disagree on the grill, it's hideous. If it weren't for the grill I'd be all over it. Hopefully aftermarket will make one that's more appealing.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread