Engine ice

Team Paulie

Established Member
Just the intercooler??Anybody got it in Both systems?

I could drain and fill the intercooler with what I have left right now.

SlowSVT

Established Member
"Engine Ice"

That name alone makes me skeptical and is a brilliant marketing strategy which somehow implies it will even freeze hell over.

engineice.jpg

:eek: Looks like even moisture will condensate on the bottle and freeze just sitting on the store shelf.

I was curious and went to their web site and what I found was not surprising. There was no real technical information with comparative data to back-up any of their claims. If I had a product that truly had an advantage over my competitors nothing beats having an outside "certified" testing lab to compare them under very controlled conditions and then publicize the results. It's not very expensive to do and will bolster the credibility of the company like no salesman ever could.

Is there any hard data on their web site showing their product has a clear advantage? You tell me.

F.A.Q

I have learned over the years to be very careful not to stray too far away from the tried and true methods over products that rely on putting a spin on how their wares are technologically superior to their competitors (remember SplitFire plugs?). If this was the case every race team would be using their product almost without exception. I don’t think Engine Ice will harm your motor but I would not expect miracles either.

Fords gold anti-freeze and distilled water is hard to beat :rockon: It lubricates the pump bearing, protects against corrosion and there are not many liquids that will soak-up heat like water will (it just has a hard time getting rid of it :cuss:). The anti-freeze itself is what hinders heat transfer as nothing beats straight water for cooling. As long as you have an adequate cooling system you won’t have a problem with it. No technological breakthroughs to be found here :nonono:

racebronco2

Established Member
Thats why I'm looking to see if anyone has been down this road,trying to cool this pig down.

The only proven cooling mod on track is a modded hood, open tracking that is. It's an extreme enviroment. Wot most of the time for 20 munites. The hood helps all the time though.

Changing the thermostat and lowering your fan temps will help GREATLY!:coolman:

This only applies to cars that are ran on the street. Once on the track temps rise way above what the thermostat is rated. Fan or no fan it doesn't make a difference once you are over 35mph.

I run a 75% purified H20 25% coolant mixture in mine with a bottle of Redline WW

I too run 75/25%.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Hmm more options....hmmmmm

Are you having overheating problems or are you just looking to improve the cooling efficiency of the engine? What are your mods and how is the car used?

Playing around with various coolants and mixing ratios is all a balancing act. Whatever direction you go compromises will have to be made. If you want better cooling you’re going to give-up some corrosion resistance and pump bearing and seal lubrication. A friend of mine ran straight water in his 5.0 LX for years because he wanted max cooling. When he tried to replace the water pump the waterjacket was rusted so bad the bolts just pulled right out of the block. At rebuild time that 302 goes into the dumpster.

There is some pretty good advice here on improving the system itself rather than getting it out of a bottle which should yield better results.

Team Paulie

Established Member
Trying to keep the under hood temps down as much as I can,I know on a 85+degree day that might be a little hard to do,but I do know that this cars seems to run a little on the warm side,temp gauge never really moves off of operating temp once warmed up,but trying to cool down the charger and intake charge more or less,just a 2.79 pully system on it right now and a cold air intake that I would like to move from in the bay to inside the fender,my thinking to cool it down was this,

1-Fan switch override so I can turn them on when I want
2-Engine ice in the intercooler system
3-75/50 mix of water coolent and a bottle of water wetter in the cooling system itself.
4-Tax time means a Snake bit kit and a venon cooler.

racebronco2

Established Member
Trying to keep the under hood temps down as much as I can,I know on a 85+degree day that might be a little hard to do,but I do know that this cars seems to run a little on the warm side,temp gauge never really moves off of operating temp once warmed up,but trying to cool down the charger and intake charge more or less,just a 2.79 pully system on it right now and a cold air intake that I would like to move from in the bay to inside the fender,my thinking to cool it down was this,

1-Fan switch override so I can turn them on when I want
2-Engine ice in the intercooler system
3-75/50 mix of water coolent and a bottle of water wetter in the cooling system itself.
4-Tax time means a Snake bit kit and a venon cooler.

If you want to keep the underhood temps down than you would need a way for the heat to escape.

How do you know the car runs warm without a temp gauge? Go into the diagnostic mode in your dash and you will see in celcius what your actual temps are.

The cold air won't do anything for your blower or your ait2 temps.

1. You could just lower the temps when the fans come on and off.
2. You really need to get more air flow thru your heat exchanger.
3. 75/50 mix doesn't make sense.
4. Your going to spin the blower faster and think the venom cooler is going to help ait2's. The venom cooler only make it so the blower temps from front to back are more consistent. I have not read it lower your ait2's.

Team Paulie

Established Member
If you want to keep the underhood temps down than you would need a way for the heat to escape.

How do you know the car runs warm without a temp gauge? Go into the diagnostic mode in your dash and you will see in celcius what your actual temps are.

The cold air won't do anything for your blower or your ait2 temps.

1. You could just lower the temps when the fans come on and off.
2. You really need to get more air flow thru your heat exchanger.
3. 75/50 mix doesn't make sense.
4. Your going to spin the blower faster and think the venom cooler is going to help ait2's. The venom cooler only make it so the blower temps from front to back are more consistent. I have not read it lower your ait2's.

Can you lower fan temps though a SCT? Car was all ready tuned plus it would only take me a half hour to wire in a switch.
Car has a bigger heat exchanger,don't know the brand but
ment 75/25 mix
I thought ANY reduction or making temps more consistent was a plus?

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
As long as that option hasn't been disabled you can revise your settings with the SCT handheld.

Users who are viewing this thread