Email Tune from VMP Tuning?

ra03svtcobra

IT'LL TERMINATE YA!!
Established Member
Has anyone ordered an email tune from VMP Tuning? If so, how did it go and what were your thoughts? Thanks

ra03svtcobra

IT'LL TERMINATE YA!!
Established Member
Here is my problem. I ordered one back in March and we are still trying to get it dialed in. It seems like it takes forever sometimes to get a revision emailed from him. One took about 4 weeks from the time I sent the datalog and now I am coming up on 3 weeks since I sent the last datalog. He sent an email last monday saying he was sorry for the delay and he was going to look at it, but I still haven't heard. Everyone I have talked to says he is good, but not sure why it takes soooo long. I'm sure he is busy, but 3-4 weeks to do a revision is kinda much IMO. Not sure if this was normal or if others have had this experience.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Here is my problem. I ordered one back in March and we are still trying to get it dialed in. It seems like it takes forever sometimes to get a revision emailed from him. One took about 4 weeks from the time I sent the datalog and now I am coming up on 3 weeks since I sent the last datalog. He sent an email last monday saying he was sorry for the delay and he was going to look at it, but I still haven't heard. Everyone I have talked to says he is good, but not sure why it takes soooo long. I'm sure he is busy, but 3-4 weeks to do a revision is kinda much IMO. Not sure if this was normal or if others have had this experience.

I get very busy and emails get burried, if you had to wait a long time sorry about that. It sometimes helps to call in the morning when I am on the PC and I can take care of it right then, even if you just sent the email the night before.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
For anyone that may do this with me or any other tuner...

Any time we are doing something remotely, having the car set up correctly the first time is critical. If the wrong parts are used, against the tuners recommendation, it can end up taking longer and costs more money and time in the long run.

ra03svtcobra

IT'LL TERMINATE YA!!
Established Member
I don't want to point fingers, just venting my frustration with the whole process. Tuners tell you what they know from their experience and manufacturers tell you another based on how they designed their products. In the end I just want the car tuned right and VMP Tuning has a good rep from what I have found. Just get a little inpatient when 4 weeks goes by and you don't hear anything.

BLK93GT

Established Member
Having ran a business and dealt with tons of emails sometimes they get missed and it takes hours to just sort through them sometimes. IMHO nothing beats using the phone and making a call. Alot of times that's the best way. I personally have not used Justin but have asked him questions before and he is very friendly and knowledgeable.

ra03svtcobra

IT'LL TERMINATE YA!!
Established Member
Having ran a business and dealt with tons of emails sometimes they get missed and it takes hours to just sort through them sometimes. IMHO nothing beats using the phone and making a call. Alot of times that's the best way. I personally have not used Justin but have asked him questions before and he is very friendly and knowledgeable.

Good point.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I'll just add I would rather wait for a good tune than get a bad tune the same day. A few melted pistons will cost you much more in the long run IMO.

While I do feel 3-4 weeks is excessive, you are still getting a good tune. Justin is one of the best.

ra03svtcobra

IT'LL TERMINATE YA!!
Established Member
I'll just add I would rather wait for a good tune than get a bad tune the same day. A few melted pistons will cost you much more in the long run IMO.

While I do feel 3-4 weeks is excessive, you are still getting a good tune. Justin is one of the best.

I feel the same way. Before I went with VMP I looked around and I only heard good things about his work. I admit I have had to change a few things and that has added to the time, but I'm not mad about it. It's hard to be patient sometimes when you don't get a response right away. I am sure Justin is busy as he is obviously highly sought. I am very pleased with the work he has done so for.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member

Wise words my friend!
Justin has been tuning my car since 2005. My combo has changed many times. Each time he has tuned it perfectly for power and most importantly perfect daily drivability.
With Justin's tuning I was able to get my heavy vert to a best of 10.45@135
This is on the stock IRS and K.
We are working on the 2nd TVS prototype, just installed a tubular K and a solid will be in soon.
We are looking for low low low 10's. This is with me driving to and from the track.
We might even go corn fuel just for fun. Good stuff right 04sleeper??!!
Nobody else will touch my car.:rockon:

ra03svtcobra

IT'LL TERMINATE YA!!
Established Member
I get very busy and emails get burried, if you had to wait a long time sorry about that. It sometimes helps to call in the morning when I am on the PC and I can take care of it right then, even if you just sent the email the night before.

I sent 3 emails and called twice (left messages both times). It been 2 weeks and haven't heard anything. Justin, where ya at?

ra03svtcobra

IT'LL TERMINATE YA!!
Established Member
Drop me a PM with your real name and email address.

Not sure if you are getting my emails or what's happening. It's coming up on 3 weeks since I sent my last datalog. Please let me know what is going on. Thanks

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
Wise words my friend!
Justin has been tuning my car since 2005. My combo has changed many times. Each time he has tuned it perfectly for power and most importantly perfect daily drivability.
With Justin's tuning I was able to get my heavy vert to a best of 10.45@135
This is on the stock IRS and K.
We are working on the 2nd TVS prototype, just installed a tubular K and a solid will be in soon.
We are looking for low low low 10's. This is with me driving to and from the track.
We might even go corn fuel just for fun. Good stuff right 04sleeper??!!
Nobody else will touch my car.:rockon:

+1,000. Good business is in high demand. Each time I scheduled an appointment to get on the dyno at VMP was well worth the wait. Nobody else touches my cars (plural) either. Justin will get you set up. :beer: :beer: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread