EDP 7475 Results

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
let's see a graph. and this is an edp kit modified or? i'm not too worried about power...i'd like to see what it's doing past 6k rpms...

It peaked past 6500 if that's what you're asking. . . it took some changes in cam timing in the high rpms to get it to peak there. . . my kit is very similar to JPC but it was fabbed up by my local guy in Louisville.

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
so it peaked the same spot as some EDP kits are, with larger up pipe and merge? the common denominator between the three kits is the turbo.

so its the turbo that is restricting.

DD2013 5.0

Established Member
so it peaked the same spot as some EDP kits are, with larger up pipe and merge? the common denominator between the three kits is the turbo.

so its the turbo that is restricting.

I've been doing a lot of talking back and forth with Reed from Work Turbochargers. He's the one who fixed all the issues I had with the PTE 7675.
He is suggesting I step away from the "true" t4 unit and into a Garret or BW mid frame. Specifically a s400sx 7681 on my stock motor app. This unit can later be upgraded also unlike the high dollar PTE.

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
mine made more than Brad's did. same turbo.

I think maybe what David is saying, is that it's not going to pull to 7500, like a larger turbo would, and make peak power there?

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
It peaked past 6500 if that's what you're asking. . . it took some changes in cam timing in the high rpms to get it to peak there. . . my kit is very similar to JPC but it was fabbed up by my local guy in Louisville.

Care to PM me who built the kit and price? If you don't mine me asking, that is.

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
Care to PM me who built the kit and price? If you don't mine me asking, that is.

Sure, Pm sent. I don't mind. The guy that built mine has a 7.4x @ 190 mph Turbo Fox that he built himself with a lot of parts he made himself.

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member

I think maybe what David is saying, is that it's not going to pull to 7500, like a larger turbo would, and make peak power there?

I believe the peak power is going to be a result of the back pressure. . . i lessened it, peak power moved up, its pretty clear if this was a forward facing manifold kit in dual 3 inch where they met at the flange, and then had a 4-5 inch open downpipe, it would make power all the way to 7500. . . not going to be the turbo's fault.

DD2013 5.0

Established Member
Yes, Lee did a great job.

My car was supposed to be on Lee's dyno already but the issues and lack of funds have delayed that big time.
I told him what my plan was which involved increasing pipe dia before and after the turbo.
I also told him my plan for selling the PTE for a BW unit.
He completely agreed

DD2013 5.0

Established Member

At what rpm did yours peak? My rev limit will be 6800. I need mine to make power to that point and that's about it. On stock valve springs also.
I paid the PTE tax for their 3 5/8" flange and am currently building a 3.5" down pipe that will exit the bumper. Id like to step this 3.5" pipe to 4" after the first 90 off the turbo but not sure what effect this would have if any?

DD2013 5.0

Established Member
Mine peaked and held power to 6800, then began to fall off gradually.

This is with the un modified EDP hot side and 3.5" down pipe?
Sorry, it's hard to follow who all has what and done what.
I have a plan that should work out pretty good. Have to buy material and find time to do it.

svtlightningx2

Established Member
Code:
Mine peaked at 6700, curve was pretty flat up to that point though

Is that on a stock motor? Stock valve springs? 2.5 crossover to 3 inch up pipe? Idk but I am thinking the 2.25 crossover isn't helping the backpressure issue with the edp kit. I would like to see the difference in bp from 2.25 to 2.5.

DD2013 5.0

Established Member
Interesting that no one has really come up with a fix.
Hell some were able to fix the junk a$$ hellion single kit (for the most part).
Who's going to be the hero?

All I've gotten from EDP is a larger turbo is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread