EDP 7475 Results

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
im with you and just playing devil's advocate to an extent.

Ive gone on record multiple times saying the JPC system is a nice piece. No one can deny that.

I also think it's fair to point out the similarities in the EDP kit and the JPC kit. Exhaust pressure is in fact an issue. Aaron from JPC himself said over 12 psi there may be problems.

Now to your point (which i agree with)... very few people will get to that level on a stock motor to which this is all mute anyway.

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
im with you and just playing devil's advocate to an extent.

Ive gone on record multiple times saying the JPC system is a nice piece. No one can deny that.

I also think it's fair to point out the similarities in the EDP kit and the JPC kit. Exhaust pressure is in fact an issue. Aaron from JPC himself said over 12 psi there may be problems.

Now to your point (which i agree with)... very few people will get to that level on a stock motor to which this is all mute anyway.

i'm just gunna leave this here....JPC kit...7675....falls off...common denominator is the turbo...

11121535_2601161398217_462884838_n.jpg

Attachments

• 11911666_2595343532774_1058499928_n.jpg
    11911666_2595343532774_1058499928_n.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 396

DD2013 5.0

Established Member
Ok enough already. You don't have a fu$Kin clue about anything. You continue to spout off nonsense about turbos, downpipes, what not. People read what you write and assume the worst when you don't have a clue.

Why spend $1k more at most and get the same result? That's funny. The JPC kit comes with a custom slim fan that is worth $500, nicer coolant tank among other additions. Precision wastegates, tial BOV etc. I guess those are junk parts too right?

So what don't you believe about the JPC kits working? This is my STOCK motor car making 875 on pump E85. Ran a 10.00@145 with a stock rear and Magnum XL, weighing in at 4k lbs. That's also with boost by gear and max boost at 10-12lbs by 4th gear, less in 1st/2nd. How again is the kit not working? Base kit, Journal PTE 76/75, 3" downpipe with DMH cutout, full exhaust, base Air to Air Intercooler. What's your car run again? That's right, you can't even get it to run. but you want back pressure #s, stats, charts. Take it to the track and run it already.

I don't know shit about the EDP kit and won't comment on it. However in general, when the power drops off like that, it's usually a back pressure issue, especially with Single turbos. Less so on twins in general, but that's a very general statement. The power is dropping off due to excessive back pressure. Valve float is a result sometimes depending on how much spring pressure you have etc.

Here's a video of the dyno graph of my car when it had the box stock JPC 76/75 journal kit on there. There's another video of it at the track. 2nd pass ever on the car at the track, it went a 10.05. I guess they don't know what they are doing though. The car is now a heads up race car, but anyone is welcome to come get some of that too.

Stop posting nonsense and your opinions on shit you don't have a clue about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYYNyNavbZg

Everything I have stated is of my opinion and experience and as far as I can tell is accurate.
Believe it, don't believe it, I don't care!
You call me out but talk about things most already know.
800+whp and only traps 145mph? I'd be f$&king pissed! Lol

DD2013 5.0

Established Member
Everything I have stated is of my opinion and experience and as far as I can tell is accurate.

And nice dyno chart that doesn't show rpm lol

poof100

Established Member

What is accurate that Precision turbos don't work and are junk? Keep spewing nonsense

The car weighed over 4k lbs, get a clue. Also as stated, boost by gear. We only ran 10-12 lbs in 4th gear and 10 or so in 3rd. At least it went to the track.

What's your pile of shit run again?

Care to run that POS now? Step up to the plate or STFU. Keep touting your bullshit on FB too. Keyboard warrior in full effect!

I'd be pissed if I dropped 10k on that kit you have and you can't even put the car on the dyno. lmao

SMOKIN 02

Established Member
what is accurate that precision turbos don't work and are junk? Keep spewing nonsense

the car weighed over 4k lbs, get a clue. Also as stated, boost by gear. We only ran 10-12 lbs in 4th gear and 10 or so in 3rd. At least it went to the track.

Care to run that pos now? Step up to the plate or stfu. Keep touting your bullshit on fb too. Keyboard warrior in full effect!

I'd be pissed if i dropped 10k on that kit you have and you can't even put the car on the dyno. Lmao
lmfao….

DD2013 5.0

Established Member
What is accurate that Precision turbos don't work and are junk? Keep spewing nonsense

The car weighed over 4k lbs, get a clue. Also as stated, boost by gear. We only ran 10-12 lbs in 4th gear and 10 or so in 3rd. At least it went to the track.

Care to run that POS now? Step up to the plate or STFU. Keep touting your bullshit on FB too. Keyboard warrior in full effect!

I'd be pissed if I dropped 10k on that kit you have and you can't even put the car on the dyno. lmao

This is exactly the bs I'm talking about. Pound it buddy! I have no time for ignorance.
The difference between me and you? I'll redisign this entire set up if I feel fit. I have 2 miller syncrowaves on stand by. I also have the support of a very well known tuner and a very well known turbo builder ( turbo builder had to completely re machine and rebuild my bran new 7675).That's all I need. You know, ppl that actually help?
No point in hauling this turd to the track when I already know what it's going to do. Plus I'm not done with my bumper exit dp.

I have 5500 in the kit, 750 in new ID1000s, 150$ bap, 400$ in rebuilding this awesome PTE, got a new set of tss opg's for 175$ shipped, another 150$ or so in boss timing chain parts. Few hundred on tires, 150 on a blow fish bracket. Few hundred on suspension bits. 200$ boost controller...
I don't have 10k in the whole car lol

Every bit of it installed by me in my f$&king garage on jack stands. Tuned via email/street pulls.

DD2013 5.0

Established Member
Some simple googling of PTE will show their awesome rep and customer support.

In fact this unit has to come back out and have bore alignment checked. Special go/no go gauges had to be made to check the bearing housing since PTE offers no parts. It will more than likely be swapped out for a Garret housing and the PTE housing thrown in the scrap dumpster. At that point the only parts left that are pte's will be the wheels, turbine housing, and comp housing. The rest will be custom built Garret stuff.

Those PTE's breaking all the records you see have had similar work done. But since you know more than I do you already knew that lol

Last edited:

Hugerush

Established Member
We have a couple of Panasonic microwaves at work as well. I hear those Millers will cook the fuk outta some popcorn…

JTS_7

Established Member
:pop: lol

So is anyone ever going to take an EDP kit and redesign it so we can see what the deal is, or is everyone jumping ship?

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
precision has always had a bad rap for that. that's why dustin uses Borg turbos in his kits.

i've had one pte wastegate fail on me already.

think the other one did too, just need to get the car in the air to test it. but pretty positive.

poof100

Established Member
This is exactly the bs I'm talking about. Pound it buddy! I have no time for ignorance.
The difference between me and you? I'll redisign this entire set up if I feel fit. I have 2 miller syncrowaves on stand by. I also have the support of a very well known tuner and a very well known turbo builder ( turbo builder had to completely re machine and rebuild my bran new 7675).That's all I need. You know, ppl that actually help?
No point in hauling this turd to the track when I already know what it's going to do. Plus I'm not done with my bumper exit dp.

I have 5500 in the kit, 750 in new ID1000s, 150$ bap, 400$ in rebuilding this awesome PTE, got a new set of tss opg's for 175$ shipped, another 150$ or so in boss timing chain parts. Few hundred on tires, 150 on a blow fish bracket. Few hundred on suspension bits. 200$ boost controller...
I don't have 10k in the whole car lol

Every bit of it installed by me in my f$&king garage on jack stands. Tuned via email/street pulls.

Congrats, do you want a cookie now?

I've got some killer miller lite cases? Does that count? :coolman:

Oh a stick car. Let's see how well you can drive that turd then. 12.0s maybe?

I don't care if you have PTP tuning your car, it will still get drug.

And last time, I don't even have a Precision turbo, but depending on the class, they make nice Turbos. Who cares where you get the Turbo from, if it makes the most power for what you are trying to do.

Sounds like a killer build, man I wish I had a BAP. :rollseyes

Last edited:

JTS_7

Established Member
Bandaid = BAP lol

I wonder why EDP hasn't posted. I saw them viewing this thread quite a few times.

Big Q

Established Member
:pop: lol

So is anyone ever going to take an EDP kit and redesign it so we can see what the deal is, or is everyone jumping ship?

As enticing as spending another $4500 and buying a properly sized turbo and reworking the kit sounds, I think I'm gonna wait and see how getting my money back goes lol... Although then I guess I could say I have a $10k turbo kit under the hood...

Turd Fergusen

Established Member
Does the exhaust housing from the GT42 style 7675 fit what you have? I saw they offer a 1.12ar hot side, could possibly be the $3-$350 solution.

( just tossing out an idea)

Users who are viewing this thread