E85 + nitrous

BPatterson

Established Member
Good? Bad? Mods in sig plus FRPP 47 lb injectors and an AED E85 tune. Will be a 150 shot through a Nitrous Outlet plate kit. Can the stock fuel system support it?

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
Srry to hijack ur thread but I was wondering how much of a difference the E85 made cause I have the same mods JLT intake, boss mani, and o/r midpipe and I'm thinking of going E85 but wanted to see if it was worth the gains??

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Srry to hijack ur thread but I was wondering how much of a difference the E85 made cause I have the same mods JLT intake, boss mani, and o/r midpipe and I'm thinking of going E85 but wanted to see if it was worth the gains??

15-20whp changing to E85 and a new tune.

Shaun@AED

Dry kit + IAT relocation so we don't put fueling in via Maff (wrong tuning strategy).
Or (prefered), a direct Wet kit with fuel being pulled at the fuel hat (perhaps a click-in T fitting right at the fuel hat exit?) to minimize the fuel pressure drop at the rails. Since there is no fuel rail pressure sensor on these cars pulling fuel off the rail for N2O results in a pressure drop the ECU does not detect till it picks up the massive lean condition at the O2's.
Pulling fuel at the hat, near the stock fuel pressure regulator *should* minimize any pressure drop at the rail and solve the lean condition on the nitrous hit.
BAP would also be a good idea.

Of course we're not the biggest nitrous shop and have not had any customers want to test a setup like this, so it's all still 'theory'. LOL

Any of the big dogs want to test and market a direct port wet kit setup similar to this??? JPC? BBR? Beefcake???

I'm on an NA crusade at the moment... And would prefer a 2.9L whipple to a bottle anyway.

gt347mustang

Established Member
I'm not sure about nitrous and e85. I dont know why it wouldn't work?

People are having excellent results with forced induction, but he chemistry is obviously different with juice.

In for more info.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
Do E85 and nitrous like each other? Better than reg 93 and nitrous?

Yes, I have seen really good results from a couple cars locally going E85+N2O. In "theory" some think it may be too cold, but seeing the results in person has me sold on E85 for track and street applications. Everyone here has been on an E85 binge, wether they're NA, +N2O, or Boosted. One option to is to look at the NX SAFE Kit, Stand Alone Fuel cell, that way you can fill it with race fuel and not have to worry about dropping fuel rail pressure.

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
E85 and nitrous is the way to go , ran a 125 dry shot on my cobra and I'm running a dry shot on my 5.0 , zero issues

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
Well right now I'm only running a 35 jet on my 5.0 , still have stock plugs and clutch , I had it on the Dyno but the window switch was not working properly , was still picking up 67 wheel at 5k , Shaun's tune was spot on regarding a/f , I basically have setup that's just like the JMS hidden kit minus the JMS controller

5bites

Established Member
Was hoping more would come of this topic regarding what Shaun said. Especially considering the popularity of the jms and similar setups.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Bumping an old thread for more info. I'm getting my BOSS intake mani and JLT CAI this week and will be going E85(47lb/hr injectors) for the summer. I am also wanting to add a 100 shot to the car for special occasions.

Users who are viewing this thread