E85 + nitrous

CharlieR

Established Member
No reason for it not to work. Only thing is you'll need to jet differently for the E-85. As far as how much you can spray and keep stock fuel system(other than BAP/injectors) That would best be figured on a car by car basis, on the dyno with fuel system(pump, trims ect) logged and "step up" to what you wanna spray.

Just because one car can spray a .063 jet on e-85 doesn't mean all will be at the same spec. To be safe(especially when using a fuel that needs about 1.5 times the flow) I'd dyno and log the car no matter anyone elses results. Safety 1st. :)

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
No reason for it not to work. Only thing is you'll need to jet differently for the E-85. As far as how much you can spray and keep stock fuel system(other than BAP/injectors) That would best be figured on a car by car basis, on the dyno with fuel system(pump, trims ect) logged and "step up" to what you wanna spray.

Just because one car can spray a .063 jet on e-85 doesn't mean all will be at the same spec. To be safe(especially when using a fuel that needs about 1.5 times the flow) I'd dyno and log the car no matter anyone elses results. Safety 1st. :)

I agree completely. I will be adding nitrous to my car on E85 hopefully in the next couple of months. From what I have been able to find, people running E85+nitrous are getting pretty monstrous gains(50 shot getting over 75whp, etc).

Nitrous Outlet

Established Member
So we just became a vendor on here and if you guys have any questions fell free to message me on here or call me at 866-648-7637. Now that we got that out of the way here you go.

E85 and Nitrous are a win win situation. There are a couple of thing that i saw in here that i would want to clear up for you guys.

With E85 and nitrous you will still need colder plugs.

As far fuel rail pressure drop with the wet kits, i can tell you that we have customers with blower and a direct port pulling fuel off the fuel rail. We also have customers hitting 150-200 shots pulling off the rail with just a BAP. To support the 25 % increase on orifice size on the jets for the fuel and the engine consumption you will need a pretty good pump to support power

We have a been doing E85 and nitrous for years now and have great results. Like i said, if you guys have any questions feel free to contact me.

Luviathan_5.0

Established Member
I know this is an old thread but I figured I'd share. I have a Nitrous Outlet X-Series, FBO, E85 '16 GT w/ 100 shot. I believe the real benefit of E85 is the high octane rating. With and 100 shot my 5.0's still advancing timing up to 30° @7k rpm's through a ported Gen 3 Coyote intake manifold. The only fuel system upgrade I've had to do thusfar been 47lb./hr injectors. I've successfully ran 5 bottles w/zero issues. Once I've gone through another 5 bottles total and the cars happy, then I'll increase the shot to 150. Also I like 3rd gear above 3k on spray, thats when she really starts moving. I'm by no means an N2O expert but my experience has been great so I thought I'd share.
IMG_20180727_070556.jpeg
IMG_20180801_135722_364.jpeg

Sent from my Z981 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

luker669

Established Member
What plugs are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread