Doing a 358ci N/A build ADVICE PLEASE

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
I put Navi heads on my 5.4 because it seems to be the best match. Larger intake runners then even a ported Cobra head to help feed the larger CID of the motor.

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/820/picture1sae.png

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/9/30/249718/Cobra Head Flow 001.jpg

Ohh man. They flow sooooo much better than ported...and even stock 03/04 Cobra's. I should throw mine out in the trash.

The Navi heads are the 5.4L tumble port heads on that chart. :beer:

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member

Ironhand

Banned

Ohh man. They flow sooooo much better than ported...and even stock 03/04 Cobra's. I should throw mine out in the trash.

Those are stock head numbers. The Navi heads have a larger(7cc) intake runner.

My Navi heads came off a race car.
IMAG0539.gif

IMAG0547.gif

Ford made the ports larger for torque and also to feed the larger CID of the engine(5.4) as cubic inches increase so does port velocity.

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
The short turn radius and the floor was fixed on my heads. Also the divider on the exhaust side is heavily worked.

Those are FAR from STOCK navi heads my friend. :beer:

But sick nevertheless. :rockon:

We were happened to be talking STOCK though.
I am sure your heads will outflow God's bowels on a rainy day in London.

Are they for sale?

Ironhand

Banned
Those are FAR from STOCK navi heads my friend. :beer:

But sick nevertheless. :rockon:

We were happened to be talking STOCK though.
I am sure your heads will outflow God's bowels on a rainy day in London.

Are they for sale?

lol

I didnt know if you were speaking strictly stock because you were talking about worked 03-04 Cobra heads for your build.

Im just saying that the Navi heads can be fixed and made to flow extremely well. I remember were a set of heavily worked Navi heads actually outflowed a set of stock FGT heads on the intake side and was close on the exhaust flow. I wish I could find that info.

These are my new heads and I just got them on the new motor. I do have a friend that has a set of custom CNCed Navi heads that I think are better then mine but Im not sure. Ill call him tomorrow and see if he still has them.

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
lol

I didnt know if you were speaking strictly stock because you were talking about worked 03-04 Cobra heads for your build.

Im just saying that the Navi heads can be fixed and made to flow extremely well. I remember were a set of heavily worked Navi heads actually outflowed a set of stock FGT heads on the intake side and was close on the exhaust flow. I wish I could find that info.

These are my new heads and I just got them on the new motor. I do have a friend that has a set of custom CNCed Navi heads that I think are better then mine but Im not sure. Ill call him tomorrow and see if he still has them.

Thanks, PM me the info! :beer:

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
For what it is worth, I run a Sully on my 4.6 based BB/stroker, 5.3L. I have no problem roasting the tires at part throttle through 3rd. WOT, through 4th easily. Hell, they preak loose over 60 if I punch it in 2nd. I wouldn't stress the torque loss that much. Sorry, I don't have a dyno sheet yet.

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
For what it is worth, I run a Sully on my 4.6 based BB/stroker, 5.3L. I have no problem roasting the tires at part throttle through 3rd. WOT, through 4th easily. Hell, they preak loose over 60 if I punch it in 2nd. I wouldn't stress the torque loss that much. Sorry, I don't have a dyno sheet yet.

That's what I am saying though... On an engine as big as the one I am building, Shorter runners (though sacrificing torque), won't sacrifice enough torque to overshadow the hp gains. :beer:

32vApe

Not Fast Enough
Established Member

Keep in mind that those flow numbers for the c heads from that book are at 25" of water. The other sheet you posted, the numbers are at 28" of water. The greater the depression the flow bench is adjusted to the higher the flow numbers will be. My TEA ported 04 cobra heads flow what those ported navi heads flow up to. 300". Then their 304 cfm at. 400" and 324cfm at .500" at 28".

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Navi heads are okay, but their short turn radiuses are like those of the 99/01 heads which is almost nonexistent. A well ported set of 03/04 heads can be made to flow 330cfm at .500" which is more than the Navi's.

The last thing you want to do is lower the port floor, especially on a Navi head (see welded area in post #63. If anything it needs to be raised about .25" and then reshaped. Note the diameter of the ports leading to the valves (picture in post #63), those are the restrictions. You will not increase the flow thru those two holes or the valves by enlarging the port any further.

Last edited:

tonewyork89

Wraith
Established Member
for those who don't know, na svt is dumbing down what he's saying for normal people to understand, the guy knows this shit like the back of his hand

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
tell me this than NA SVT if i have a turbo 2001 cobra....im deciding on doing a big bore stroker and a set of ported heads and cams...are the heads and cams going to shift my power to where its too peaky?

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member
UPDATE as of January 2012...

360 cubic inches
12:1 Compression
E85
Race ported GT Supercar heads with SHM race valve package, etc.
Custom 7 1/2" PSR intake (including adapter plates)
Custom cams as to NA SVT's specs
MSD 6011, et ignition package for 7500+rpm
1 7/8 custom headers
3" o/r X pipe and Mac Catback
Glenns performance 1500rwhp return fuel setup

Are we talking now?

Other mods for the car...
Team Z k member setup
Coil overs
Fore innovations irs differential cover w/ MM's differential bushing package
IRS bushing kit from MM
etc etc