Votes: 100 73.5%
  • NO

Votes: 36 26.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
I would say its a simple question but well its not. While having very in depth discussions about this subject at work I wondered what a wider range of people thought and if you guys would be willing to share you thoughts and or reasons as too why you ACCEPT the Theory. Thanks

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution]Evolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Last edited:

4valvemach

Established Member
It would be very foolish to believe in a magic man that created everything with no proof.Mankind twist things around in order to make sense of things they dont understand.

IMO I dont think people grasp TIME very well and what can come from it.

GSRGuy94

Irunelevens
Established Member
We didn't all necessarily have to come from the SAME single-celled organism. The world is a pretty big place, afterall.

ICUNVN

Established Member
with out gettin too deep into it.... yes. for one simple reason. i am a firm beliver that some things... people, animals, what ever. are way to stupid to keep going on. hopefuly they will evolve or die

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
In before Relgious people take over but I have something to counter before they come in here...What if God used Evolution as a way to make the different species around the world today?

GSRGuy94

Irunelevens
Established Member
Why would I read something about evolution on a Christian website? I'd say they have a dog in that fight. Especially with language like this;
To begin with, there is the illogical teaching that in the beginning, there was nothing, then nothing exploded, and this explosion produced space, time, and matter - all from nothing! If you have enough faith to go with that, just hang on because it doesn't get any better for the evolutionists.

You must also swallow the tale of how dust bumped into dust to form pebbles, and how pebbles bumped into pebbles to form rocks. These rocks bumped into other rocks to form meteors and so forth until eventually you have a planet with an atmosphere, gravity, magnetic shield, eco-systems, stable axial tilt, with its own perfectly sized moon, with just the right spin, in just the right spot in the solar system, which is in just the right spot in the galaxy, which is in just the right spot in the universe to see the immensity of space!
1) The theory of Evolution is no more "illogical" than the creation story in Genesis. Especially when using the weak argument I have bolded.
2) As for the second paragraph... that is what GRAVITY does. Smaller objects are attracted to larger objects. And it's been proven time and time again that heavier/more massive elements will clump in the middle of an object, and the lighter elements will gather at or near the surface.

I'm not arguing an anti-Christian perspective (raised Baptist, currently Agnostic and figuring stuff out), but if you are going to try and argue your point like that website is doing, there is a right way to do it.

GSRGuy94

Irunelevens
Established Member
In before Relgious people take over but I have something to counter before they come in here...What if God used Evolution as a way to make the different species around the world today?

Absolutely not. Every single word in the Bible is meant to be taken 100% literally. Which means that animals existed on this planet before the sun, and it didn't rain ever till the great flood. So a 600 year old Moses gathered up EVERY SINGLE SPECIES of land animal and put them on a boat. And even though we can see 13.7 Billion light years into space, the universe is only 8,000 years old. Oh, and don't forget about the evidence we can SEE that plate tectonics have been moving the crust of the earth around long before any humans were around to document it; obvious lies. And the moon is moving away from the Earth at a rate of 3.8cm/year, but to say that it's because it was knocked away from the Earth 4 billion years ago is just plain ignorant.

Absolutely not. Every single word in the Bible is meant to be taken 100% literally. Which means that animals existed on this planet before the sun, and it didn't rain ever till the great flood. So a 600 year old Moses gathered up EVERY SINGLE SPECIES of land animal and put them on a boat. And even though we can see 13.7 Billion light years into space, the universe is only 8,000 years old. Oh, and don't forget about the evidence we can SEE that plate tectonics have been moving the crust of the earth around long before any humans were around to document it; obvious lies. And the moon is moving away from the Earth at a rate of 3.8cm/year, but to say that it's because it was knocked away from the Earth 4 billion years ago is just plain ignorant.

The age of the human race, the age of the earth and the age of the universe are all 3 different things. Its a gross mischaracterization for you to imply that its a held belief within Christianity that the human race, the age of this planet and the universe are ALL believed to be 8000 years old among Christians. And rest easy, this isn't going to spin out into a God vs. evolution debate. I just hear that misrepresentation parroted all the time and it needs to be corrected.

On a related matter, the Book of Genesis, in verses 1-2, suggest that something happened to the earth before God created it to be inhabited for these last 6000 years by us. It suggests that between the first time God created the earth and this second time it was re-created, there could be billions of years in between the two. The original Hebrew suggests that something happened between both those verses. We do not have the entire picture of everything that was happening on earth and in this universe PRIOR to the human race being created. We do know there was a great rebellion in the angelic realm by none other than Satan. And we were of course created with the purpose of being heirs and children of God, something that Satan is quite jealous of.

So the views of evolutionists regarding the age of the earth and universe are more in line with the thinking of "Bible thumpers" than you realize. In the end though, all this doesn't really matter. The debate over these details changes nothing.

oldmodman

Established Member
Appx 1.2 billion years ago an alien construction crew stopped on Earth so they could take a dump.

And here we all are today.

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
The age of the human race, the age of the earth and the age of the universe are all 3 different things. Its a gross mischaracterization for you to imply that its a held belief within Christianity that the human race, the age of this planet and the universe are ALL believed to be 8000 years old among Christians. And rest easy, this isn't going to spin out into a God vs. evolution debate. I just hear that misrepresentation parroted all the time and it needs to be corrected.

On a related matter, the Book of Genesis, in verses 1-2, suggest that something happened to the earth before God created it to be inhabited for these last 6000 years by us. It suggests that between the first time God created the earth and this second time it was re-created, there could be billions of years in between the two. The original Hebrew suggests that something happened between both those verses. We do not have the entire picture of everything that was happening on earth and in this universe PRIOR to the human race being created. We do know there was a great rebellion in the angelic realm by none other than Satan. And we were of course created with the purpose of being heirs and children of God, something that Satan is quite jealous of.

So the views of evolutionists regarding the age of the earth and universe are more in line with the thinking of "Bible thumpers" than you realize. In the end though, all this doesn't really matter. The debate over these details changes nothing.

You speak as if you have proof of any of these charges. Its only a theory that the ages have to be different because otherwise it puts a hole in your sail.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
lol it is not even a question of "believing" it. gee i dunno, do you "believe" in gravity? the evidence supporting darwin's theory of evolution by natural selection is overwhelming, and continues to grow, especially now with molecular evidence. it is a pretty much proven fact, if you make any attempt to learn about it.

You speak as if you have proof of any of these charges. Its only a theory that the ages have to be different because otherwise it puts a hole in your sail.

All the proof I need is that Jesus lived and was resurrected from the dead and God has recorded His every word in the Bible. All He ever asked anyone to do was simply BELIEVE. I don't need to know every detail about how God could speak things into existence or how He could create the universe by speaking or how it was all accomplished or how He could give us a measure of that ability in the here and now. I'm sure He'll explain all of that one day. There are no holes in anything a Christian believes. Much of what we believe goes way out of bounds of what science is even capable of explaining or understanding. If you need more "evidence" then keep searching but always remember that some people will never be satisfied with the "evidence" that there is. Some people just don't want to believe and there's no hope for them.

Last edited:

347zz5.0

Established Member
Scientific theories aren't believed in. They are either accepted or rejected. Asking if someone believes in evolution is like asking if someone believes in Cobras.

Evolution is a model that best explains data.

And yes, I accept evolution.

150 years of Evolutionary Biology still going strong.

But this study will depress you. U.S. Lags World in Grasp of Genetics and Acceptance of Evolution | LiveScience

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
I believe that God created the universe point blank, but that doesn't discredit how species evolved over time adapting to their surroundings, or changing what they look like by breeding etc etc. Now believing the earth and everything esle was created from nothing, I dont believe that, I believe something had to get the ball rolling to make everything in perfect balance, which is God.

And I believe recently scientists have been searching for that "God particle" that made everything come together...

347zz5.0

Established Member
People that believe we ALL came from this soup of magic please read.

Probability of Single Cell Evolution

An Evolution article on a religious site. Might as well ask a pyro how to fireproof your house.

First sentence of that article. "Have you ever considered the incredible odds that evolution must overcome if it were true?" My answer is yes and it has absolutely no weight on the validity of evolution.

I can't stand when people talk odds like that.

What are the odds that your sperm made it to your mothers egg? Millions to one but it happened and here you are. Any other sperm would of been a different person and you would not exist.

What are the odds that a single asteroid would help pave the way for the rise of mammals by killing off the dinosaurs. Unbelievable odds but it happened. We would not be here if that event did not happen.

99.9% of all the different species that have ever lived are extinct. How about the odds on that, the odds that the remaining 1% is still here?

70,000 years ago humans almost went extinct. Our numbers were down to as little as 2000. And yet we bounced back. The odds that we survived, yeah not too good.

Not the best odds for all of those but they all happened.

Second sentence. "To begin with, there is the illogical teaching that in the beginning, there was nothing, then nothing exploded, and this explosion produced space, time, and matter - all from nothing" Who ever wrote that is illiterate of Cosmology. As an Astronomy junkie I'm stopping right there because I'll just get a headache. No where in Cosmology does it say, or suggest, that nothing exploded. Ah forget it I'm done.

Last edited:

MarlboroMan

Established Member
I don't know much about these topics, but I find evolution to be a more logical theory. I believe when we can't find answers, we make things up (God). It's the greatest story ever told. No one can refute it, and the fear of not believing has created so many followers. But then again, how did we get here today? Something had to come first. Unless you believe God is the Alpha and the Omega, The Beginning and the End, who needs science? It's an easy answer for everyone. Stop wondering.

Users who are viewing this thread