Votes: 100 73.5%
  • NO

Votes: 36 26.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I believe that the Theory of Evolution is the closest possible plausible explanation. Whether its fully 100% correct yet or not is yet to be seen. Science, unlike religion, is not set in stone right from the bat. Theories are constantly tested and scrutinized.

7.62x51

Established Member
I believe that the Theory of Evolution is the closest possible plausible explanation. Whether its fully 100% correct yet or not is yet to be seen. Science, unlike religion, is not set in stone right from the bat. Theories are constantly tested and scrutinized.

Fair enough :beer:

Catfood

Established Member
Based on probability there seems to be too much order in our universe. But its possible that with all the different solar systems out there that we could have come about our existence through chance.

I believe in evolution because the odds it are correct are higher than that of all the different religions in the world.

Richter888

Established Member
I like in the article how it talks about odds, but says nothing about time. Even if the odds are insanely small, given enough time, can and will happen(I forget who's law or theory this statement is). There is just too much evidence for evolution. I believe that if there is a god, he must have created the mechanics of evolution and used this is the creation of humans and other complex life.

My two worthless cents....

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
lol it is not even a question of "believing" it. gee i dunno, do you "believe" in gravity? the evidence supporting darwin's theory of evolution by natural selection is overwhelming, and continues to grow, especially now with molecular evidence. it is a pretty much proven fact, if you make any attempt to learn about it.

Hmmmm....read Dawkin's much? Actually, the evidence is getting smaller as we are seeing how complex cells at the molecular level actually are. Could it happen? Of course!!!!....could it happen in the time allotted? Nope. Too little time sadly.

Scientific theories aren't believed in. They are either accepted or rejected. Asking if someone believes in evolution is like asking if someone believes in Cobras.

Evolution is a model that best explains data.

And yes, I accept evolution.

150 years of Evolutionary Biology still going strong.

But this study will depress you. U.S. Lags World in Grasp of Genetics and Acceptance of Evolution | LiveScience

This is actually a pretty naive statement if you think about it. It takes as much "faith" to accept evolution as fact as it would a "god" created the universe. There are little facts beyond microevolution. Very little fossil evidence and the "evidence" that does exists just comes in to existence with all it's complexity....not step by step fossils. This alone, according to Darwin would "destroy his theory"

I believe that God created the universe point blank, but that doesn't discredit how species evolved over time adapting to their surroundings, or changing what they look like by breeding etc etc. Now believing the earth and everything esle was created from nothing, I dont believe that, I believe something had to get the ball rolling to make everything in perfect balance, which is God.

And I believe recently scientists have been searching for that "God particle" that made everything come together...

NICE! Agreed. I think you need to be careful on how you look at this, though. God/aliens/nature/or svtperformamce can use any means it sees fit to come to a final species. Common ancestors are probably where everything happened, but that does not involve a single celled organism turning into a human, a fish or anything complex. These seemed to be engineered/planned/designed. They had a purpose. I don't personally believe in just natural selection creating complexity. Natural selection changes thing within a species, birds don't become dogs or fish or trees. They stay birds of some sort. But I do agree on your base point. I don't see why a "god" wouldn't use natural selection/microevolution to create what we see today.

An Evolution article on a religious site. Might as well ask a pyro how to fireproof your house.

First sentence of that article. "Have you ever considered the incredible odds that evolution must overcome if it were true?" My answer is yes and it has absolutely no weight on the validity of evolution.

I can't stand when people talk odds like that.

What are the odds that your sperm made it to your mothers egg? Millions to one but it happened and here you are. Any other sperm would of been a different person and you would not exist.

What are the odds that a single asteroid would help pave the way for the rise of mammals by killing off the dinosaurs. Unbelievable odds but it happened. We would not be here if that event did not happen.

99.9% of all the different species that have ever lived are extinct. How about the odds on that, the odds that the remaining 1% is still here?

70,000 years ago humans almost went extinct. Our numbers were down to as little as 2000. And yet we bounced back. The odds that we survived, yeah not too good.

Not the best odds for all of those but they all happened.

Second sentence. "To begin with, there is the illogical teaching that in the beginning, there was nothing, then nothing exploded, and this explosion produced space, time, and matter - all from nothing" Who ever wrote that is illiterate of Cosmology. As an Astronomy junkie I'm stopping right there because I'll just get a headache. No where in Cosmology does it say, or suggest, that nothing exploded. Ah forget it I'm done.

How about this...Dawkins predicts that the complexity of the eye was created in 2 million years...this includes all the stuff he DOESN'T talk about as far as chemical reaction that allow your brain to decipher vision. All of the animals you see in all their complexity were created in 10 million. I totally think that macroevolution could happen, but in the time that scientists think that it happened in, I'm going to have to stick with "that's impossible."

I don't know much about these topics, but I find evolution to be a more logical theory. I believe when we can't find answers, we make things up (God). It's the greatest story ever told. No one can refute it, and the fear of not believing has created so many followers. But then again, how did we get here today? Something had to come first. Unless you believe God is the Alpha and the Omega, The Beginning and the End, who needs science? It's an easy answer for everyone. Stop wondering.

Look into the idea of REALLY would have had to happen to make it "logical." It's not at all really. There isn't a lot of actual facts that go with it. It's a great idea, but falls short in so many ways.

Don't agree, but I like what you had to say. Just because science doesn't have the answer now doesn't mean it never will. We learn new things every day. One day we might have a concrete answer.

I like in the article how it talks about odds, but says nothing about time. Even if the odds are insanely small, given enough time, can and will happen(I forget who's law or theory this statement is). There is just too much evidence for evolution. I believe that if there is a god, he must have created the mechanics of evolution and used this is the creation of humans and other complex life.

My two worthless cents....

hmmmmmm.....10 million years? Previous estimates were 50 million. Not a lot of time if you think about it. 7/8 th's of the worlds history that we do have show no evidence of evolution. Little to no change happens during 7/8'th's of the world's history (precambrian)...and when change happens, it never seems to happen there....always somewhere else. Change and complexity always come in a "bang." Evolution can't always be happening somewhere else. No gradual step by step change.

The REAL facts are there is little true evidence for evolution as you think of it on the MACRO level. All the evidence that is presented is on the MICRO level. MACRO involves billions of years that we simply can't see, nor have evidence for. Is it happening now....maybe? But will we know? Nope.

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Yes, I do. More specifically, I believe in intelligent design.

Hi sexy, I missed you. What you mean is you really believe in creation, correct? As was proven in court that all the ID proponents were strong creationist from the western biblical sense. There is a reason it got kicked to the curb.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Hmmmm....read Dawkin's much? Actually, the evidence is getting smaller as we are seeing how complex cells at the molecular level actually are. Could it happen? Of course!!!!....could it happen in the time allotted? Nope. Too little time sadly.

This is actually a pretty naive statement if you think about it. It takes as much "faith" to accept evolution as fact as it would a "god" created the universe. There are little facts beyond microevolution. Very little fossil evidence and the "evidence" that does exists just comes in to existence with all it's complexity....not step by step fossils. This alone, according to Darwin would "destroy his theory"

NICE! Agreed. I think you need to be careful on how you look at this, though. God/aliens/nature/or svtperformamce can use any means it sees fit to come to a final species. Common ancestors are probably where everything happened, but that does not involve a single celled organism turning into a human, a fish or anything complex. These seemed to be engineered/planned/designed. They had a purpose. I don't personally believe in just natural selection creating complexity. Natural selection changes thing within a species, birds don't become dogs or fish or trees. They stay birds of some sort. But I do agree on your base point. I don't see why a "god" wouldn't use natural selection/microevolution to create what we see today.

How about this...Dawkins predicts that the complexity of the eye was created in 2 million years...this includes all the stuff he DOESN'T talk about as far as chemical reaction that allow your brain to decipher vision. All of the animals you see in all their complexity were created in 10 million. I totally think that macroevolution could happen, but in the time that scientists think that it happened in, I'm going to have to stick with "that's impossible."

Look into the idea of REALLY would have had to happen to make it "logical." It's not at all really. There isn't a lot of actual facts that go with it. It's a great idea, but falls short in so many ways.

Don't agree, but I like what you had to say. Just because science doesn't have the answer now doesn't mean it never will. We learn new things every day. One day we might have a concrete answer.

hmmmmmm.....10 million years? Previous estimates were 50 million. Not a lot of time if you think about it. 7/8 th's of the worlds history that we do have show no evidence of evolution. Little to no change happens during 7/8'th's of the world's history (precambrian)...and when change happens, it never seems to happen there....always somewhere else. Change and complexity always come in a "bang." Evolution can't always be happening somewhere else. No gradual step by step
I can win the lotto on the first try

Sent with My Massive Johnson

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I can win the lotto on the first try

Sent with My Massive Johnson

Please do. I need some money :rockon:

You have MUCH better chance winning the lottery than you do of having an intricate, intelligent species come about through natural selection (darwin's mechanism) in 10 million years. There simply isn't enough time. You give me billions of years, we'll talk, but scientists aren't giving us that much. The earth is a couple billion years old and most of it has fossil evidence. Nothing really happens in that time to show any moving forward. It actually does the opposite and shows stasis. Then you have the cambrian explosion that happens in about 10 million years with NO EVIDENCE OF STEP BY STEP CHANGE, just species appearing, that tells me that MACROevolution probably didn't happen.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
As stated earlier, you do not believe in Evolution, you either accept it or you don't. I accept evolution. We see evidence of Micro evolution everyday. I also accept that many instances of Micro evolution can lead to Macro evolution over time.

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
Some of you need to take an Ecology and Evolution class. The amount of inaccurate information in this thread is sad. :poke:

347zz5.0

Established Member
Accepting "micro" evolution but not "macro" evolution is like believing that plates move, but that continents have never gone anywhere.

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
This theory has been around for 150 years. Until there is any evidence against this theory to invalidate it I will "believe" in it. Whales have vestigial legs for :cryying:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
In before Relgious people take over but I have something to counter before they come in here...What if God used Evolution as a way to make the different species around the world today?
This is what I actually believe. The only real differece between evolution and creationism is a matter of time. I believe in religion and I believe in the creation but the bible says God created, it does not say how he did it.

People that believe we ALL came from this soup of magic please read.

Probability of Single Cell Evolution

so in reality you started this thread to bait non-believers into a discussion so you could preach drivel to them.

An Evolution article on a religious site. Might as well ask a pyro how to fireproof your house.
Actually this is not a good comparison. if I was worried about fireproofing my home esp. from an arsonist, hiring a pyro to show me how to do it is exactly what I would do. same with protecting my home from a robber or my computer from a hacker.

I agree with your premise however that what the op did in the post you quoted was pretty dumb. but then the whole purpose of this thread was to bait the non-believers and start another fight between the believers and the non-believers. I mean it is not like this exact question and poll have not been posted a couple of dozen times already.

GSRGuy94

Irunelevens
Established Member
This is what I actually believe. The only real differece between evolution and creationism is a matter of time. I believe in religion and I believe in the creation but the bible says God created, it does not say how he did it.

Basically this. I think God speaking the universe into existence would be a pretty damn "Big Bang."

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member

so in reality you started this thread to bait non-believers into a discussion so you could preach drivel to them.

Actually this is not a good comparison. if I was worried about fireproofing my home esp. from an arsonist, hiring a pyro to show me how to do it is exactly what I would do. same with protecting my home from a robber or my computer from a hacker.

I agree with your premise however that what the op did in the post you quoted was pretty dumb. but then the whole purpose of this thread was to bait the non-believers and start another fight between the believers and the non-believers. I mean it is not like this exact question and poll have not been posted a couple of dozen times already.

LOL yeah man you got it. I posted that really quick I had to leave and only skimmed though the page quick. After reading it geezzzz I wouldnt of posted that. So we came from Monkeys?:smmon: What did monkeys come from and so on and on and on?:read::smmon:

Users who are viewing this thread