Disturbing picture of my Raptor after going through a tornado

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Gee whiz, that stinks.

As stated above, glad you and family are okay! (just think if you would have been in a Smartcar)

E

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
Coming from a fellow blue flame owner I am very sorry to see what happened to your baby. I know the feeling, I special ordered my truck almost 6 years ago. No matter how careful I am I'm always afraid of something happening out of my control and don't know what I'd do without it, either. I would imagine they fix it though. GL man and try to stay positive.

raustin0017

Established Member
OP...glad you and daughter are okay. Lived in South West OK for 6 years and huge hail storm came through Atlus, OK. It is amazing how the Paintless Dent Repair experts can do magic with the roof and panels that can be repaired. That is how I would approach the fix. Replace what can not be fixed and use PDR for the rest. Raptor will be fine.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Nice legs Slobra, lol. If it were me, I would take their money, fix the back window, and rock the raptor as is. You and your truck went through something incredible. Wear it like a badge of courage.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Nice legs Slobra, lol. If it were me, I would take their money, fix the back window, and rock the raptor as is. You and your truck went through something incredible. Wear it like a badge of courage.

LMAO...I had to go back and look for leg pics in the refelctions. Those are some shorty..short...shorts!

shorty-shorts.PNG

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're definitely very fortunate that neither of you were hurt in any way. Looking at the damage to the truck, a lesser truck or you having to exit the truck could easily have resulted in a really bad situation. You were kept safe in your Raptor. For that reason alone, I'd want it fixed. Fixed right, of course, but fixed. There's a good story with a happy ending in her.

raustin0017

Established Member
Yeah, but what about the other 10%? I'm sure OP doesn't want any bondo on his truck.

PDR will work on most, and the other can be worked out and filled prior to paint. All quality paint jobs have filler to remove any imperfections. It's how its done...plain and simple. What are the other options if he wants to keep the current Raptor?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Well, that blows. Glad y’all are okay. That said, hard to say what the insurance company will do. Who’s your carrier?

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I appreciate all your input and your thanks that me and my 18 year old daughter are ok, I have to drive the jacked up truck 6 hours next week to take her to college. I won’t get the truck in tell October to get fixed the shops are that backed up, I get the rear window replaced on Monday, and take it down on Wednesday to get estimate of repair, just makes you frustrated, I took very good care of this truck and I would not want a different one.
It took almost 3 weeks to get my car into a shop. It must be a good time to be in the auto paint and body industry.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Coiled03

Established Member
PDR will work on most, and the other can be worked out and filled prior to paint. All quality paint jobs have filler to remove any imperfections. It's how its done...plain and simple. What are the other options if he wants to keep the current Raptor?

I'm not saying not to do it with PDR. I'm just wondering how they handle the other 10%.

Users who are viewing this thread