Disturbing picture of my Raptor after going through a tornado

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
WOW, that is scary stuff. Sorry about your truck, but I am glad that you and your family are safe.
Good luck going forward!

98slowbra

Established Member
I can not get my truck repaired tell October, the window will be fixed Monday, right after this happened my daughter was on the phone with the insurance company putting the claim in, she loves that truck just as much as I do

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
You sure a sledge hammer wasn't flying around and caused more damage...

Too bad it didn't roll over.

Glad you and your daughter are ok. That's the most important.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Anytime is a good time. People will always crash their shit.
I never experienced a slow week at my dad's, and we were a high end / specialty shop. If not for his addictions it would be open today.

I do not miss fighting with insurance companies though. This month, and all day today has been flashbacks of hell. If an insurance company can skimp, cut corners, or avoid paying for something, they will. You pay premiums expecting great service, and in the end you get a razor wire enema with pepper spray and alcohol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

_Snake_

Established Member
I do not miss fighting with insurance companies though. This month, and all day today has been flashbacks of hell. If an insurance company can skimp, cut corners, or avoid paying for something, they will. You pay premiums expecting great service, and in the end you get a razor wire enema with pepper spray and alcohol.

This. I thought they were joking when I heard my insurance company wanted to use junk yard parts on my repair.

They weren’t. And it’s an “accepted practice in the industry.”

It’s stuff like this that makes finding a good body shop even more important.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Glad you and your girl are ok. I'd keep the truck just like it is. Those are battle scars, dude. Your truck fought a tornado, and was ready to square off against two others, but they ran away scared. That truck's a keeper. Only thing I'd do is paint three miniature tornado symbols on the driver's side front fender, like the fighter pilots do when they shoot down an enemy plane. And a banner across the back: "I Fought Three Tornadoes, And Kicked Their Asses!"

Zemedici

Established Member
I can not get my truck repaired tell October, the window will be fixed Monday, right after this happened my daughter was on the phone with the insurance company putting the claim in, she loves that truck just as much as I do

why can you not get the truck repaired until October?

What?

98slowbra

Established Member
The hood, front fenders and drivers side are perfect, they did not get hit, only the roof and passenger door and door behind it and tail gate got the hail, weird huh?

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
This. I thought they were joking when I heard my insurance company wanted to use junk yard parts on my repair.

They weren’t. And it’s an “accepted practice in the industry.”

It’s stuff like this that makes finding a good body shop even more important.
I have actually been in an argument over this garbage in the past few days. Spend an extra $100 and use a legitimate new part.

...and then the Gieco adjuster said, "You drive a used car".

Guess what; the moment the pen hits the title the car is used. Morons.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I had a Taurus that went through 2 hail storms, I just told people it had horrible acne when it was young.

_Snake_

Established Member
I have actually been in an argument over this garbage in the past few days. Spend an extra $100 and use a legitimate new part.

...and then the Gieco adjuster said, "You drive a used car".

Guess what; the moment the pen hits the title the car is used. Morons.

One of the guys at my local body shop used to work for an insurance company and makes it painless for me.
“Sorry, we couldn’t find that part in the junkyard and have to go with new OEM.....”

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
...on the way home me and my 18 year old daughter got caught right in the middle of a tornado with my Raptor. ...

That would make for a great Raptor commercial or a natural disaster movie trailer.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Boyyyy

Replace the back glass, get yourself a tall boy, and cruise on.

That ain't nothing. A trailer popped off my hitch (shitty half broken lock) while I was loading it, and it jumped up and stabbed my Tacomas tail gate. I love my truck, and it bothered me. SO I shotgunned a beer shortly thereafter, and it's now a proud battle scar. That truck protected you're daughter. You should be proud

98slowbra

Established Member
I am very proud of my Raptor, it took on the tornado and came out on top, it took the brunt of the damage but if we did get out, that would have been a really bad scene, they say you are supposed to get out of your car and get in a ditch, that hail would have killed us so we stayed in the truck and since there were 2 of them it lasted 1/2 hour and that has been the longest 1/2 of my life. I can say I went through a few tornado's and me and my daughter walked away. I was more scared for my daughter then anything else, as a father you want to just take that away so it will be better. I told her we will be find we are in the Raptor and we are protected by the truck.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
why can you not get the truck repaired until October?

What?
Not uncommon at all out here.

If I knew how to do body work I would open a shop and get on a trusted network deal with as many insurance companies as I could. Pretty much guaranteed to make a killing.

Users who are viewing this thread