Display Ad discussion MEGA Thread

Jabooh1

Established Member
I logged on just now and have had 7 ads in the time it took me to navigate to this thread. Here are some screen captures.
0FCA049B-5F85-4AF3-839F-9C6B3D9BB64A_zpscogcrlvh.png

9E64F82F-77F0-4826-9F7D-33728A7A3595_zpsmdmyioj1.png

839F1460-24C3-41D0-BC21-E854D986F24E_zpsfhsxly0k.png

I am on iPhone 5s Safari, using desktop site. The ads take over with hitting a link. Example, I press the shortcut on my home screen to the 2011-2014 mustang section and got a redirect to the App Store to the first pic. When I return back to Safari SVTP is gone and I have to refresh and it happens again.

Not exaggerating 7 ads!!

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Little tip if you use desktop version on your phone you get almost no ads just the few on the right that are off screen anyway. Plus you get the New Posts and My Thread buttons.

The mobile skin is nice but lacks some features and is gang raped by ads so I went to desktop version, there is one of two dialog box ads that started a day or two ago but VERY rare.

Jabooh1 premium gets you more than just no ads. You get some merchandise (shirt, keychain) and the ability to post pics and videos on the SVTP server vs having to upload to Photobucket or Youtube and link in. Ads are anoying but a forum, especially this large isn't free someone has to pay for hosting. Either you pay by getting ads or you just pay/donate now that my mods are more or less done think I might finally go premium.

Last edited:

Jabooh1

Established Member
Little tip if you use desktop version on your phone you get almost no ads just the few on the right that are off screen anyway. Plus you get the New Posts and My Thread buttons.

The mobile skin is nice but lacks some features and is gang raped by ads so I went to desktop version, there is one of two dialog box ads that started a day or two ago but VERY rare.

Jabooh1 premium gets you more than just no ads. You get some merchandise (shirt, keychain) and the ability to post pics and videos on the SVTP server vs having to upload to Photobucket or Youtube and link in. Ads are anoying but a forum, especially this large isn't free someone has to pay for hosting. Either you pay by getting ads or you just pay/donate now that my mods are more or less done think I might finally go premium.

I use desktop site.

I don't mind ads just don't use the ones that take over my phone and redirect to the App Store.

It happened to more f'ing times just trying to load this thread again from the email notification I got from your above post. This is just bad.

Again, I understand it's not free but if this continues I will be deleting my account. I don't need to post my pics/videos on SVTP servers as I use them on mutiple forums.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I hear ya, I posted up a pic in here of an ad a while back that just went ahead and downloaded an .apk (android app) cleanmagic or something. Thankfully I have my phone set to only install from the store but still unsettling.

Huh now I get the game of war ads.

Here's the link that comes up when your sent there.

"https://control.kochava.com/v1/cpi/click?campaign_id=kogameofwarfireage1541528ae4547febb23473fddc9026&network_id=50&click_id=4348410209__32028&creative_id=342491&device_id=&site_id=500897_"

Last edited:

03cobraracer

Established Member
Bringing this one back as I'm constantly getting ads PPP up or brought to App Store every time I try to open a thread on here from my iPhone or iPad. It's driving me nuts!!!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Bringing this one back as I'm constantly getting ads PPP up or brought to App Store every time I try to open a thread on here from my iPhone or iPad. It's driving me nuts!!!

yep, getting that bullshit again on my iphone as well (pretty sure im viewing the normal site, not the mobile skin, not ever sure how to do that)

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
on my iphone Im pretty sure its the normal (pc) version of the site. Im not sure how to get to the mobile version of the forums

Users who are viewing this thread