Display Ad discussion MEGA Thread

BMR Tech

Seems as if Steve@Tasca and I are in the same boat. This site seriously causes me some headache with Mozilla.

At the office I can't even get on it. Right now, I am on it with my laptop at home....and it's working, just not well.

This has popped up a few times and is annoying the piss out of me, any input on how to get it to stop? When this pops up, it's after pulling my hair out for 5 mins waiting on the site.

SVTP%20ads.jpg

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
any input on how to get it to stop?
See post #73 for the solution. All you need to do is install the Ghostery and Adblock add-ins for your browser and you can eliminate all ads nearly 100% on this site and every site. It makes browsing safer and MUCH faster. Would take each person reading this about 2 minutes to accomplish it. So do it already......

BMR Tech

I am all about not installing stuff.

Today, this site is running perfectly now on my Mozilla, as are all of the other 15-20 tabs.

Not sure what was fixed, but it has worked.

Thanks svtp

ctgreddy

Established Member
All the adds on this site are killing the experience. Right now I've got one on the side of my screen from shoppilation. Whenever there's add's up this page is very laggy also. Like as I'm typing this it takes a few seconds after I type to see it come up. But every other forum is perfectly fine.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
All the adds on this site are killing the experience. Right now I've got one on the side of my screen from shoppilation. Whenever there's add's up this page is very laggy also. Like as I'm typing this it takes a few seconds after I type to see it come up. But every other forum is perfectly fine.

Get adblock

Blackness03

Established Member
Ads on this forum

Half the page on this forum are ads for late model restoration, steeda, Honda of the Carolinas, etc. How to I make them go away? It's making the forum slow.

Last edited:

Just_A_GT

Established Member
Yep, 25% of my screen is covered in adds (the whole right side). My favorite is the phantom ads with sound that will randomly start making noise and I can't figure out how to mute them besides turning my volume off.

Teethy

0S0SL0
Established Member
Half the page on this forum are ads for late model restoration, steeda, Honda of the Carolinas, etc. How to I make them go away. It's making the forum slow.

Running a website/forum like this takes quite a bit of coin. The advertisements are there to offset that cost

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Are you using Firefox? If you're browser is gumming up on all the adds, give a different browser a try.

I've been a big supporter of Firefox for a long time, but their recent decisions to try and make their install package as small as possible have left the browser inefficient and unable to handle a good bit of content without chugging. I've since stopped using it because of those issues.

If you don't want to see the adds period, I'd opt for premium membership.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I don't ever see any ads on here. I also don't browse in full screen though lol.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Half the page on this forum are ads for late model restoration, steeda, Honda of the Carolinas, etc. How to I make them go away? It's making the forum slow.

I haven't noticed any performance issues due to our current ad suite. What are your computer specs?

Premium Members don't see the side ads:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?480784-Premium-Membership-Registration-Now-Open

Yep, 25% of my screen is covered in adds (the whole right side). My favorite is the phantom ads with sound that will randomly start making noise and I can't figure out how to mute them besides turning my volume off.

None of them should have audio. When was the last time you experienced that?

Rct851

Established Member
Ads on every page?

Can anyone else hardly even navigate the forum because of App Store crap popping
up?

Users who are viewing this thread