Display Ad discussion MEGA Thread

10thSVT_03

Doin it!
Established Member
Ads redirecting me away from SVTP

Trying multiple times to respond to someone in my thread and UBER keeps redirecting me to their site. Why all these ad pop ups lately? Is it a hack or SVTP paid advertisers? Getting to be a little discouraging.

MODCOBRA

Established Member
I am sick to death of the lincoln ads playing in the background. About every 45 seconds I hear Matthew McConaughy telling me how he likes the new lincoln.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I keep getting redirected to the UBER driver service site on my iPad. Every 2-3 clicks for the past 2-3 days but only in the morning btw 6-9 or so. The redirects to the App Store have been happening as well.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I keep having a Ford Escape AUDIO commercial playing in loop all day today. Every page that I visit on the site, it is playing in the background. It is not coming from any of the sidebar ads. Audio only, Ford Escape, playing in constant loop. I am on PC using Google Chrome.

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
I keep having a Ford Escape AUDIO commercial playing in loop all day today. Every page that I visit on the site, it is playing in the background. It is not coming from any of the sidebar ads. Audio only, Ford Escape, playing in constant loop. I am on PC using Google Chrome.

I am having the same issues. Sometimes it's multiple audio ads at the same time. I am using Google Chrome also. It is annoying.

gabe1530

Banned
all the adds on the right slow the entire site down for me. the ones with videos and sound even take over and it is incredibly annoying. any way to stop this from happening?

im on my laptop, ive tried switching browsers (firefox, chrome, ie), popups are disabled in all my settings.

gabe1530

Banned
it will occur randomly. once all the adds are loaded up and playing their videos, my brower slows way down which is my initial concern.

Last edited:

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
Issue appears to be coming up today, this afternoon only... I got back from lunch, and as I was browsing here, I went to check an email, and I had an add pop up for a fake malware warning. Odd I closed chrome, and cleared browsing data, and came back again.. This time I noticed a url from youradexchange.com flash up, and I was redirected to some other spammy site. I disabled Flash in chrome's settings and it hasn't come back. There appears to be an issue with the flash delivered ads on the right hand side.. Most definitely *not* my PC, scanned with multiple AV tools, AM tools, etc.. and there is nothing coming up. With flash disabled the behaviour went away, which leads me to strongly believe the issue is in the ad network itself.

Hope this helps, as these ads are extremely intrusive, and in the case of the fake malware warning, could result in users getting infected with an actual virus.

Users who are viewing this thread