Display Ad discussion MEGA Thread

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Premium Membership and These Ads!!!!

So these new ads are horrible every other page including thread editing page redirects to the play store which makes it almost impossible to use. If it opened a new window it at least would be better but it just highjacks the open window.

Enough bitching, I was going to sign up for Premium Membership to hopefully get rid of them but the link in the sticky says SVTP is not accepting subscriptions right now?

So two questions:
- Does Premium Membership get rid of the ads?
- Can you still sign up for Premium?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Ok, the subscription thing was because I was on mobile works on desktop version.

So does premium get rid of all the Ads? Mentions google ads but is that pop ups too?

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I've already been in contact with SID297 about the ads, he says they're going away.

-Steve

da155d24eea5a211be1146b1da078a0e.jpg

Are you saying that the ads all together are going away? Or only if you're a premium member?

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
And here I thought my phone had somehow picked up a virus. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has seen those Google play pages pop up.

Spudz

Established Member
I'm assuming this is via phone browsing? Seems to be a growing theme these days. I get hijacked like that when reading the news and it drives me up the wall. Apparently it's the ad service the website uses. Random chance it picks an ad to display that hijacks verses a normal one.

Planter

Banned
So these new ads are horrible every other page including thread editing page redirects to the play store which makes it almost impossible to use. If it opened a new window it at least would be better but it just highjacks the open window.

Enough bitching, I was going to sign up for Premium Membership to hopefully get rid of them but the link in the sticky says SVTP is not accepting subscriptions right now?

So two questions:
- Does Premium Membership get rid of the ads?
- Can you still sign up for Premium?

are you using the phone's browser? or tapatalk? I don't have the issue with tapatalk. I can see an ad between the threads, but it doesnt open automatically or hijack my thread.

Last edited:

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I've already been in contact with SID297 about the ads, he says they're going away.

-Steve

Yeah, I saw info about that in another thread, changing ad companies. Probably sign up for Premium anyway, been on here 11 years time to stop mooching, pick up a shirt and contribute more than just the honor of my presence. lol

Just took a minute to realize for a little you can't sign up on the mobile skin was telling me reg. was closed but it's not.

are you using the phone's browser? or tapatalk? I don't have the issue with tapatalk. I can see an add between the threads, but it doesnt open automatically or hijack my thread.

Yeah, Chrome not a fan of Tapatalk used it on my S3 but now that I have a Note I prefer the SVTP mobile theme more.

Last edited:

xenodragon

Established Member
My favorite is just when you think the site is loaded, you go to click on something, and BAM the ad pops up right beneath your finger!! Happens ALL the time to me (on any site not just this one)

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
are you using the phone's browser? or tapatalk? I don't have the issue with tapatalk. I can see an ad between the threads, but it doesnt open automatically or hijack my thread.

I use the phones browser and actually like it minus the ads taking over at random times.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
happens while browsing on the phone. Adking something then it takes me to the app store. There is also an ad that blocks the bottom view at times and it keeps moving if you scroll. Has only happened with this site though.

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
What gives? SVTP is uber slow

Is it the adds or what ? I cant get one page to fully load. Took me a minute just for these words to appear.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Android Nearly Unusable

The random page theft is driving me nuts. I know everyone is doing what they can but I'm just expressing my issues.

Page redirections are taking place without clicking links, King Games seems to be my phones favorite.

Android, nonmobile site usage.

Thanks for listening.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
This is probably known info to most of the tech savvy here, but it may not be to the others so hopefully its helpful......

Easiest thing to do on an Android phone is root it and install Adfree. That will eliminate virtually all ads delivered to your phone whether browsing or playing games.

Another option is to try the Ghostery privacy browser from the Google Play Store and the Ghostery add-in for your PC browser. It allows you to block all the ads and trackers and works brilliantly.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I will say this has to be the most frustrating site to browse on a phone that I visit. Every time I click to a new page it sends me to the App Store and then I have to close that and come back to the browser. The ad that pins itself to the bottom of the screen is unbelievably annoying as well, damn near impossible to close out of without clicking it and then it's back as soon as you go to a new page.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I will say this has to be the most frustrating site to browse on a phone that I visit. Every time I click to a new page it sends me to the App Store and then I have to close that and come back to the browser. The ad that pins itself to the bottom of the screen is unbelievably annoying as well, damn near impossible to close out of without clicking it and then it's back as soon as you go to a new page.
Try some of the things mentioned above and report back.....

Users who are viewing this thread