Diablosport Intune

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Update:

I'm actually going to list for the inTune for sale here on SVTP in the coming weeks. I'm going to still try and finish my comparisons (dyno time tomorrow, hopefully drag strip in a couple weeks), but I will be getting rid of it. Just not really sure a tune is for me right now on a stock car.

vfast

Established Member
or maybe the kid doesn't have mommy and daddy paying for it..he doing it himself!:banana:
How do you have a 30k+ mustang and no other money? Sounds like maybe the mustang needs to go back.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
or maybe the kid doesn't have mommy and daddy paying for it..he doing it himself!:banana:

:dw: im 29, married for 7 years and havent lived at home since 18. nice try, complete fail.
359it1s-1.gif

not to be an asshole, but really its cold hard facts. if you cant afford your note payment+living expenses+fun money+savings and cover maybe $350 worth of damage you have problems. thats not being an asshole, thats being an adult.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
:dw: im 29, married for 7 years and havent lived at home since 18. nice try, complete fail.
359it1s-1.gif

not to be an asshole, but really its cold hard facts. if you cant afford your note payment+living expenses+fun money+savings and cover maybe $350 worth of damage you have problems. thats not being an asshole, thats being an adult.

I've only been out of school for 3 month and working for those 3 months. Not everybody has to have tons of fun money. I don't exactly follow my budget, so yeah, I have hiccups every now and again. I'm 24 years old. You can't tell me there weren't ever times where you were sweating things a little bit money wise.

Plus, I didn't exactly plan on buying a new ****ing tire/possible wheel after having the car for 2 months.

I understand you are being rationale on your thinking, but not everybody's situation is the same. Ever think about that?

jdcobra

Established Member
He is being an adult by prioritizing his responsibilities. Tire = need
Tuner = want

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Wow i just read all 18 pages of this topic and it ended in a huge fail! If you don't have the money for an emergency to buy a tire you shouldn't be tuning your car. Also, if you were worried or had doubts the whole time you shouldn't of done it. How are you going to afford dyno pulls to continue your test if you can't afford a tire? Situations are different for everyone but you should get your priorities straight. You sure would be shit out of luck if you have something break now and ford finds out your car was tuned and you cant fix it. Sorry if i sound like a dick im just a little mad at the end results of a 18 page thread i spent an hour reading.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Wow i just read all 18 pages of this topic and it ended in a huge fail! If you don't have the money for an emergency to buy a tire you shouldn't be tuning your car. Also, if you were worried or had doubts the whole time you shouldn't of done it. How are you going to afford dyno pulls to continue your test if you can't afford a tire? Situations are different for everyone but you should get your priorities straight. You sure would be shit out of luck if you have something break now and ford finds out your car was tuned and you cant fix it. Sorry if i sound like a dick im just a little mad at the end results of a 18 page thread i spent an hour reading.

Holy shit man. This isn't the end results. I'm continuing the test. I posted that today before I was able to score a deal on 2 brand new p zeros for $275. Plus a buddy of mine has decided to buy my F150 projector retrofit project from me, so that's $300 in my pocket.

And not sure why you are talking about me getting my priorities straight. I guess having to get rid of a want in order to get a need is the correct way of doing it? My car is 2 months old, and 4400 miles. Who plans on buying a new tire this early in a car ownership? I sure as hell don't. I had a unfortunate event happen that I now have to fix.

As for the comment on something breaking, I don't beat the living shit out of my car. Yeah, it's been tuned. But if anything were to need replacing, it would be suspension parts such as a tie rod or other from the mix of wet roads and no sidewall traction on summer tires. Warranty can't be voided for that.

whatwhine

Established Member
Dirty, sorry to hear of the troubles. I'm doing the same thing in life currently. Just bought my first house and all that jazz. I've debated selling my car recently, still debating.
Do what u gotta do brother.

jdcobra

Established Member
People are only saying its a total fail but yet in reality dirty actually bought the tuner to test it out and everyone else who is talking crap is being cheap. If they wanted to know the results the could buy it and test it on their car instead of waiting for the "guinea pig" results

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
DirtyD ran into some unexpected expenses which happens. We've all had times were we get into a financial bind and find ourselves a little strapped for cash. You live and learn.

As I've said if anyone else wants to give it a try I am more then willing to set a few other people up and let them do some testing on it. I sent a few guys some info on what I can offer in return for some testing and reviews.

Last edited:

jdcobra

Established Member
dirtyd ran into some unexpected expenses which happens. We've all had times were we get into a financial bind and find ourselves a little strapped for cash. You live and learn.

As i've said if anyone else wants to give it a try i am more then willing to set a few other people up and let them do some testing on it. I sent a few guys some info on what i can offer in return for some testing and reviews.

+1

03dsgdreams

Established Member
DirtyD ran into some unexpected expenses which happens. We've all had times were we get into a financial bind and find ourselves a little strapped for cash. You live and learn.

As I've said if anyone else wants to give it a try I am more then willing to set a few other people up and let them do some testing on it. I sent a few guys some info on what I can offer in return for some testing and reviews.

I'm down if you guys want to send me one for free. Not to say its not worth buying I just don't have the extra cash right now. I'm within 10 minutes of a dyno (Alternative auto performance) ill drop the coin for 2 pulls before and after then take it to the strip and do a couple of before and after runs that's the least I can do for a free handheld tuner. Let me know. Thanks.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Thanks, Aaron.

Got the dyno runs this morning. weather was amazing. Around 65-68*, humidity probably around 70-75%.

First 2 runs we're done on the stock tune. Car has 4500 miles on it, 6M with 3.55 gears, and GT500 ABs. Stock runs were done back-to-back while the car was still warm, fresh off the drive there (50 miles). The run with the Diablosport was done after about 20 mins waiting for the tune to upload, so the car cooled down a bit. Only made one pull, but it was more than enough.

Below are the SAE corrected (1st graph) and STD corrected (2nd graph) showing the results.

va5aneba.jpg

2urygabu.jpg

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
Thanks, Aaron.

Got the dyno runs this morning. weather was amazing. Around 65-68*, humidity probably around 70-75%.

First 2 runs we're done on the stock tune. Car has 4500 miles on it, 6M with 3.55 gears, and GT500 ABs. Stock runs were done back-to-back while the car was still warm, fresh off the drive there (50 miles). The run with the Diablosport was done after about 20 mins waiting for the tune to upload, so the car cooled down a bit. Only made one pull, but it was more than enough.

Below are the SAE corrected (1st graph) and STD corrected (2nd graph) showing the results.

va5aneba.jpg

2urygabu.jpg

Nice numbers dirty! Congrats

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
knocking on 400whp's door. not bad for a canned tune.

Yeah, even though it's corrected to 397, 388 is still awesome SAE. I'll try and get into another shop to dyno to check the validity of the numbers from True Street. Umm be dynoing it again next month at a dyno day, so we shall see then as well.

Users who are viewing this thread