Diablosport Intune

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
Well I told them I've had a issue with the traction control engaging while going down the road. I know others have noticed this as well, that the brakes apply and the traction control light comes on. Then I told them that I had a CEL on the other day and it was running rough, and it's done that to me 3 times within the last week. We will see what happens

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Well I told them I've had a issue with the traction control engaging while going down the road. I know others have noticed this as well, that the brakes apply and the traction control light comes on. Then I told them that I had a CEL on the other day and it was running rough, and it's done that to me 3 times within the last week. We will see what happens
Hmmm....glad I haven't had that.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
Well the service writer said something about a recall for the traction control system. He also said they can hook it up to the computer to check for codes :banana:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
a healthy batter will have no issues with the flash process, its not that long :)
The first time I flashed the car, it took almost 30 minutes from point of stock file download to starting the car. Talking with a local tuner that deals with the inTune, he says that Fords computer system is the culprit for the long load times. There is so much communication between multiple systems in the car it just takes forever. the inTune on a Mopar he said takes about 30 seconds...

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Well I run 87. If ford didn't want us running 87 they could've put "premium only" by the fuel gauge like they did in the past
But in does state in the owner's manual, and I think one other place, that premium fuel of > 91 octane is [highly] recommended.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Well I run 87. If ford didn't want us running 87 they could've put "premium only" by the fuel gauge like they did in the past

That's scary stuff, I bet you've got some detonation going on if you're driving that car hard at all and thats even with the computer pulling a shitload of timing out of your car.

That's why Ford dials the cars back so far with a factory tune, they know there is people out there like you who will put in the cheapest shit gas they can find to put in the tank and beat the hell out of it.

jdcobra

Established Member
That's scary stuff, I bet you've got some detonation going on if you're driving that car hard at all and thats even with the computer pulling a shitload of timing out of your car.

That's why Ford dials the cars back so far with a factory tune, they know there is people out there like you who will put in the cheapest shit gas they can find to put in the tank and beat the hell out of it.

+1 I only put 93 in my car. I got drunk once and out 87 but put like 2 bottles of octane booster in it lol

whatwhine

Established Member
"People like me who put the cheapest shit fuel"......
Huh. Never heard that one. Anyone here have a dyno sheet with a full data log of a stock 5.0 with 87 octane???
Someone with proof the 87 is really terrible for these?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Huh. Never heard that one. Anyone here have a dyno sheet with a full data log of a stock 5.0 with 87 octane???
It would probably only be worthwhile to also record the timing and other parameters of an 87 vs. 93 dyno comparison.

jdcobra

Established Member

Its not terrible its just not preferred. Like if a hurricane came through like when Katrina hit part of Houston there was no 89 or 93 octane just 87. I had to buy octane boosters everytime I got gas for a while. Its like the emergency fallback IMO. It says in the manual that 91 or higher, is the preferred for maximum performance. When I put the 87 in even with the octane booster that one time the car would bog and I could tell a difference since I always ran 93

Last edited:

whatwhine

Established Member
Im serious.
There has been no hard evidence on these cars of octane problems.
I'm no dummy, I understand CR vs octane. But the engineers that built this car say 87 is ok. I know it's not making the most power on 87. But I've ran 87 vs 89 vs 93 thru this car with no difference in feel or mpg. The knock sensors pull timing to make 87 be ok. So if I'm losing timing I'm losing hp....
Cars losing #8 cylinders were usually tuned, correct?
Also I'm sure for all the guys saying they run 93 there's just as many running 87. With no problems.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Im serious.
There has been no hard evidence on these cars of octane problems.
I'm no dummy, I understand CR vs octane. But the engineers that built this car say 87 is ok. I know it's not making the most power on 87. But I've ran 87 vs 89 vs 93 thru this car with no difference in feel or mpg. The knock sensors pull timing to make 87 be ok. So if I'm losing timing I'm losing hp....
Cars losing #8 cylinders were usually tuned, correct?
Also I'm sure for all the guys saying they run 93 there's just as many running 87. With no problems.
Maybe I can talk someone into putting 87 in their 5.0 for the upcoming dyno day...I may even do it myself. Just publish the results.

jdcobra

Established Member
That's a chance you take man, if you wanna be cheap over a few bucks an risk detonation on a 10k motor that's fine by me cause it ain't my car, we are just trying to help ya out I'm not trying to be a dick or be disrespectful. I've just noticed that the few people who have had he number 8 failure didn't use the recommended octane

Users who are viewing this thread