DFW guys, where you at?

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Sounds like you have the same luck as me with cars lately.
1) Are the pulleys all properly aligned now? Is there a ton of belt dust around the blower pulley area? I have a laser alignment tool if you need some help checking if all the pulleys are lined up properly.
2) Not sure about the cluster swap since yours is older. On mine it was a direct swap since it's a '00 and I used the '03 Cobra wiring.
3) Always reading full could be a problem with the sender, wiring, or gauge. If you have the '03 tank and sender then swapping in the newer Cobra cluster might even fix it. I would disconnect the sender at the tank to start troubleshooting. If it's like on earlier Mustangs, it should read full when disconnected and grounding the pin on the connector from the sender should make it read empty.

Bro, I completely forgot you had already done all of this. I really need to show you the car, sit down and pick your brain with this car. I need to get the bugs worked out of it so I can go forward with it. Got some fun ideas in store for this car. :rockon:

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
Bro, I completely forgot you had already done all of this. I really need to show you the car, sit down and pick your brain with this car. I need to get the bugs worked out of it so I can go forward with it. Got some fun ideas in store for this car. :rockon:

I'm down to help. Sent you a pm.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
JKD just got your text bro, gave you a call. I'm in town on the 4th for a bit before next semester.. lets do it.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Funny, as just as I read this, I am putting together all of the videos I can find of our group onto my web server.. so if you have any good stuff from the good old days sent it my way.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Not going to lie, I'm pretty excited at the prospect of getting this shit going again.. Norman is only 2 hours away as a banana flies.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
main.php

main.php

Took the covers off :banana:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Where the Hell have you been Jeremy?

Hope all is well.

We really need to start this back up when it warms up a little and Steve gets his car running.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Been stuck in Law School hell, after being stuck in grad school hell... In all fairness this last semester flew and I did not know I'd be going here until shortly before when they offered me some moneys to come here.

I got a house out here now and I re-did the garage so I could work on my cars. Silver one has a huge transmission leak (thinking front seal) and the yellow one wont go into gear after a loud pop occurred earlier this semester. Still haven't gotten under it to see what's up.

That's about all I've been up to.. still studying like always. :beer:

Steve what kind of car did you get??

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Been stuck in Law School hell, after being stuck in grad school hell... In all fairness this last semester flew and I did not know I'd be going here until shortly before when they offered me some moneys to come here.

I got a house out here now and I re-did the garage so I could work on my cars. Silver one has a huge transmission leak (thinking front seal) and the yellow one wont go into gear after a loud pop occurred earlier this semester. Still haven't gotten under it to see what's up.

That's about all I've been up to.. still studying like always. :beer:

Steve what kind of car did you get??

Wow! I had no idea. I thought you were still in Austin.

I bought a 98 Cobra with a full Termy swap. :D The conversion wasn't completely finished and I've run into some real half ass work that was done that I'm getting all of it corrected. I could really use your expertise in Termy's with this thing trying to figure out what the hell is going on. I've been using Clint's new shop to help me with things I can't do myself, or don't know what the hell I am doing. And you know me and my gardening tools, so I need the help. lol.

It's a Posi ported car, 2.76, 4lb lower, 100mm idler. On the dyno, on the hit the boost goes up to 10lbs, then falls back to 8lbs. The car made 480/501tq :( If I remember right your car made like 515 or so with a port. There is some rubber residue on the bottom of the hood, so there is definetly some slip going on I think.

Womack thinks I also need to delete the EGR/Bypass stuff which may be a cause for losing some boost too. I'm just kinda lost why it's only making HALF the boost it's suppose to be, or maybe the gauge is wrong? There are pulley only cars making the power I am. The car with a stock blower and a 2.76 made 454rw, so with a 4lb lower and a port it only picks up 30rw? Not cool. I'm just really frustrated chasing so many issues, I feel like I'm chasing my tail over here. lol.

I'm glad to hear you're doing well and you're still alive. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread