DFW guys, where you at?

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Well, I haven't touched the car in 3 weeks. She's still sitting there because I don't have a way to get that nut off the hub. I did the brakes while I had all apart, but couldn't fix the bad bearing because it requires a 36mm socket and 258lbs of torque to get it off!

Ugh...

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
I have the 36 mm socket.. I would love to come assist. For me it would be atleast 2 weeks though, as Law School has mandatory bullshit professionalism cockery Saturday at 8:00 AM.

I told them that Steve (a.k.a My Hero) already taught me how to be a professional.. they wouldn't go for it. :(

Last edited:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I have the 36 mm socket.. I would love to come assist. For me it would be atleast 2 weeks though, as Law School has mandatory bullshit professionalism cockery Saturday at 8:00 AM.

I told them that Steve (a.k.a My Hero) already taught me how to be a professional.. they wouldn't go for it. :(

Aw, shucks. :lol:

Michael Hughes

1 of 299
Established Member
What do y'all know about the pistons to wall problems these engines have? Im going to the Texas mile in march and I don't want my engine to blow up in 5 or 6 gear while going do the mile. I was told by a shop in Houston that I needed to a after market heat exchanger and a bigger reivoir and I'll be fine. This sounds weird. Any suggestion guys?

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
Just doing my part to keep this thought going. This really needs to happen after all the snow and shit Dallas poured on us lets up.
Well it let up, now it's crappy again. Supposed to be nice this weekend though.

But Dad sold the lake house, so no more broken legs......:beer:
:lol::lol:

SVT Lurch... If you are really sirious about buying the car, let's talk... I'm ready to let this mofo go to a good home... It has a brand new fresh set of true forged wheels as well... Looks bad ass (sitting on jack stands !!! LOL)...

JC
Do you plan on coming to the GTG? I'm probably 6-12 months off from being able to buy yours without having to daily drive it so don't hold it just for me, but I'm thinking I'm better off buying yours complete (or very close to it) rather than building mine up.

As for you instigators - either buy or refinance a house through me...that will expedite the process. :thumbsup:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
As for you instigators - either buy or refinance a house through me...that will expedite the process. :thumbsup:

i'd really love to send some buyers through you Trey, if i can find a Dallas investor that's interested in doing the financial side of it close to home we will be doing some business together.....and hopefully if you know of anyone looking to buy a house in this area you can send them my way and we'll both win. I'll add to my GT-R fund and you'll be able to get your blown snake! :dancenana:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member

Meredith and I will be buying another house here before long and renting out our current house. We'll come see ya to see if you can compete with her deal she gets through work or not. :burnout:

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
i'd really love to send some buyers through you Trey, if i can find a Dallas investor that's interested in doing the financial side of it close to home we will be doing some business together.....and hopefully if you know of anyone looking to buy a house in this area you can send them my way and we'll both win. I'll add to my GT-R fund and you'll be able to get your blown snake! :dancenana:
I don't follow needing a Dallas investor - we fund with our own money. Unless you mean a financial backer for an agency here to sell homes here? Either way we can lend anywhere in Texas without issue. I've got my eyes open, but Greg is the only one I know/knew of buying out there and he did it before you were licensed.

Meredith and I will be buying another house here before long and renting out our current house. We'll come see ya to see if you can compete with her deal she gets through work or not. :burnout:
Sounds good, we've competed with that company's preferred lender before and came out on top.

WOMACK03

Whipple Powered
Established Member

I'll manage your rental property.:beer:
Repairs, leasing, background and credit checks,the whole shebang.

whtgt02vert

turned to the darkside.
Established Member
Im down to meet some fo you SVTP'ers. Moved here from the san antonio area in december and havent really met up with any car guys yet. Im over in arlington off collins and brown. I wont be cruising a Ford but im sure you all seem like car guys and my Z06 will be welcomed!

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
I don't follow needing a Dallas investor - we fund with our own money. Unless you mean a financial backer for an agency here to sell homes here?

no, we seem to have a lot of buyers who prefer to keep their business here in Lubbock. However, if i were to sell to an investor who lives in the Dallas area and rents out their lubbock properties, then i'd be able to work with you....make it happen :beer:

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
How warm are we waiting for before this GTG?
no, we seem to have a lot of buyers who prefer to keep their business here in Lubbock. However, if i were to sell to an investor who lives in the Dallas area and rents out their lubbock properties, then i'd be able to work with you....make it happen :beer:

I'm a Tech graduate and so is half the office - spread the love, haha! No worries, we'll both continue to keep our eyes out for the other.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
How is the snow on your guys' end? Norman was blizzard conditions last night.. I'm snowed in as hell.

StreetDemon89

Just a 302
Established Member
Been a lurker for a while but thought i would post up. Just bought a vorteched 98GT and would like to meet up with some other local mustang peeps. Hopefully taking my car to True Street this weekend to get tuned and then should be good to go for a cruise.

Users who are viewing this thread