DFW guys, where you at?

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
This forum died awhile back and all the Dallas guys seemed to disappear. Where is everyone?:shrug:

I got another Cobra, lets GTG for lunch and a cruise day or something along those lines. :rockon:

Steve

WOMACK03

Whipple Powered
Established Member
also, on the gtg front,

I will need about 10 guys\cars for a gtg for a group of gents that I am helping mentor.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Hey brother. When do you want me to install those cabinets?

As soon as possible and when convient for you J. I'll even give you some Christmas money for your troubles. :)

also, on the gtg front,

I will need about 10 guys\cars for a gtg for a group of gents that I am helping mentor.

I'm in. Always willing to help out, you know that. I need to show you my new hot rod anyways. :rockon:

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
I am broke with a baby these days. The blue Stang has a bent axle that I still haven't gotten around to replacing and I still have belt alignment issues with the Vette. The Fox needs a power steering pump and some brake work. Should have them all going pretty soon though.
Did everything go well at the dyno?

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I am broke with a baby these days. The blue Stang has a bent axle that I still haven't gotten around to replacing and I still have belt alignment issues with the Vette. The Fox needs a power steering pump and some brake work. Should have them all going pretty soon though.
Did everything go well at the dyno?

The lower pulley ended up needing replacing.

Wait on parts.

Parts show up...no bolts.

Wait on parts

Parts show.

Now other customers car needs to be finished in one day per scheduled agreement

Waiting.....

*sigh*

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
This forum died awhile back and all the Dallas guys seemed to disappear. Where is everyone?:shrug:

I got another Cobra, lets GTG for lunch and a cruise day or something along those lines. :rockon:

Steve
In. Car is still stock and slow as hell, but it does start every time I turn the key so that's something. I always forget about this site so would one of you guys do me a favor and call me if I don't post again once we decide what we're doing.
also, on the gtg front,

Who put you in charge of mentoring young minds? Lord help us all.

WOMACK03

Whipple Powered
Established Member
In. Car is still stock and slow as hell, but it does start every time I turn the key so that's something. I always forget about this site so would one of you guys do me a favor and call me if I don't post again once we decide what we're doing.

Who put you in charge of mentoring young minds? Lord help us all.

These are good kids. A guy I work with was a football coach for a long time, now he is a recruiter\mentor. He does sport camps and leadership training, and has enlisted my help.
Paintball and fast cars, is what he needs me for.:beer:

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
These are good kids. A guy I work with was a football coach for a long time, now he is a recruiter\mentor. He does sport camps and leadership training, and has enlisted my help.
Paintball and fast cars, is what he needs me for.:beer:

In that case, you're the perfect man for the job!

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
A meet sounds good. Been going to C&C each month.

Let me know if you need any help with your car Steve.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
A meet sounds good. Been going to C&C each month.

Let me know if you need any help with your car Steve.

Be careful what you offer Kevin. lol. I need help with it, I'm lost and very frustrated with it at this point.

1) I'm pretty sure I've got some belt slip going on. On the hit it's at 12lbs, then falls to 8lbs. It's pullied to make around 16lbs (2.76 w/4lb lower)

2) I need the cluster gauge put in. I have NO CLUE how to do the electrical stuff. I've got a Terminator cluster just waiting on someone who has a clue how to do it.

3) There's something up with the sending unit in the gas tank. The gas gauge just reads full 100% of the time. Everytime I drive it, I put gas in it because I'm scared to run out of gas.

4) I just spent $1200 bucks on it getting it tuned and the lower, all the pullies aligned and I can't spend anymore on it being Christmas time and all. Spending all that money on the car and it's still not right is not only really disappointing, but a waste of money.

*sigh* :nonono:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Man! Should have come by and hung out with me and Erik for a little while. We could have steered you in the right direction at least.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Man! Should have come by and hung out with me and Erik for a little while. We could have steered you in the right direction at least.

Oh, and two other things. When I parked the car last night, the emergency cable broke and the power steering hose is now leaking like a White House intern on a blue dress.

My wife...is not happy. :eek:

Michael Hughes

1 of 299
Established Member
Hey guys I fix my alternator and the melted wiring harness from the old alternator. Now the battery goes die every night. I just need to find whats causing my battery to die every night now and I'm can meet up with y'all.

B-O-B'03

Established Member
Hi Steve,

Long time man!

How is life in the Fatherhood?

I am still around and off all this week, who is up for some lunch?

I have an extra copy of "Iron Fist, Leadfoot" that I was going to offer up.

Let me know.

-Brian

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Hi Steve,

Long time man!

How is life in the Fatherhood?

I am still around and off all this week, who is up for some lunch?

I have an extra copy of "Iron Fist, Leadfoot" that I was going to offer up.

Let me know.

-Brian

Life is great. Emma is two already, very sweet little girl, even for a fiesty two year old. :lol:

Obviously with the weather not cooperating a GTG this week isn't optimal. I think we should definetly put together a lunch GTG here soon and discuss a Spring Cruise through the countryside somewhere. We all need to catch up and have some fun this spring. The DFW crew here used to be real busy, but died off after I stopped organizing events when I sold my 93. lol.

It's time we bring the DFW group back out! :rockon:

Trick Pony

Stang Addict
Established Member
Be careful what you offer Kevin. lol. I need help with it, I'm lost and very frustrated with it at this point.

1) I'm pretty sure I've got some belt slip going on. On the hit it's at 12lbs, then falls to 8lbs. It's pullied to make around 16lbs (2.76 w/4lb lower)

2) I need the cluster gauge put in. I have NO CLUE how to do the electrical stuff. I've got a Terminator cluster just waiting on someone who has a clue how to do it.

3) There's something up with the sending unit in the gas tank. The gas gauge just reads full 100% of the time. Everytime I drive it, I put gas in it because I'm scared to run out of gas.

4) I just spent $1200 bucks on it getting it tuned and the lower, all the pullies aligned and I can't spend anymore on it being Christmas time and all. Spending all that money on the car and it's still not right is not only really disappointing, but a waste of money.

*sigh* :nonono:

Sounds like you have the same luck as me with cars lately.
1) Are the pulleys all properly aligned now? Is there a ton of belt dust around the blower pulley area? I have a laser alignment tool if you need some help checking if all the pulleys are lined up properly.
2) Not sure about the cluster swap since yours is older. On mine it was a direct swap since it's a '00 and I used the '03 Cobra wiring.
3) Always reading full could be a problem with the sender, wiring, or gauge. If you have the '03 tank and sender then swapping in the newer Cobra cluster might even fix it. I would disconnect the sender at the tank to start troubleshooting. If it's like on earlier Mustangs, it should read full when disconnected and grounding the pin on the connector from the sender should make it read empty.

Users who are viewing this thread