Describe for me the 2004 Mystichrome color

edm11

Established Member
For the guys that have owned a mystichrome cobra...

What are the 2 dominant colors of mystichrome color car?

I sold my Sonic Blue and think I may want to get a Mystic, but have never seen one in person. I changed my mind about the color after seeing Zeekman's awesome for sale thread.

I read it changes from green to blue to purple to black, but want to hear from owners what they think are the dominant colors.

What is the general opinion of this color? Is is hard to sell a Mystic Cobra? Not sure how I feel about the seats.

Thanks

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Blue and purple.

The color(s) is(are) awesome! It makes a ridiculously fun car that much more fun.

"Is it hard to sell?":shrug::dw:

I wouldn't know. You may want to ask FORMER OWNERS that question.

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
Trust me it grows on you! I just got mine a few days ago, when you walk by it in your garage focus on one spot and watch it change to 4 or 5 different colors!

Satyr

Established Member
I loved mine. Color was awesome and I found the dominant ones to be purple blue and green. It's nice because between day and night you can go from a green car to a black car...nothing like it.

As for the money, when I spoke with a dealer that has dealt a ton of cobras, he told me that MC brings in the most money with SB as second highest. I personally sold my car for a price that I wanted; I didn't need to sell but the money was good enough that I was okay with it. It's about finding the right buyer, mainly.

jjscobra18

Established Member
To me the blue and the purple. I was like you i had never seen one in person and just thought the idea of color changing paint on a mustang was hideous. After not being able to find a co, ow, or clean silver one, a mystic popped up for sale. I finally decided to talk to the guy he told me to at least come look at it.......i drove home that night in it. Its an acquired taste color i believe many of the people who do not like it have not seen one in person, i had never seen one in person prior to going to look at mine. The seats are my favorite part even more then the outside imo the seats look a lot better in person then in photos (photos tend to show more green in them. I do not know about the difficulty to sell one i dont think they get as much attention as comp orange but the cobra was the only mustang and ford vehicle painted mystichrome while comp orange ran across the board. Its an attention getter so be prepared for that if you choose to get it just my .02 good luck.

Last edited:

silver93

Established Member
i bought mine from svt91coupe about 3 weeks ago. i love mine when you walk by it and the sun is hitting it. that thing just pops.

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
I read it changes from green to blue to purple to black, but want to hear from owners what they think are the dominant colors.

Thanks

Loved mine.....When My wife and I drove into Mustang Week....She said she felt like a Movie Star..........No Joke......Flash Bulbs every where...She was impressed.....

Back To Rear: Purple(Rear Bumper), Green, Blue, Black (Front Lower Bumper, Prob the least noticed)

Picture1662.jpg

m5lp_1104_05+2004_Ford_Mustang_Cobra+.jpg

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Dusk and dawn:eek:.... just freaking awesome,:rockon: it's something about the low angle of the sun, but it makes for a truly dazzling visual and makes the paint seem even thicker looking.

Mustang289

Established Member
When I was looking to buy a term, my favorite color was Sonic Blue like you. I found a Mystichrome, never saw one like you. My son and I went to look at the car, the owner had it sitting outside in the sun when we pulled up. We both just sat there and said WOW this color is amazing! Cool part is if you see one going down the road in the sun, one second it's blue, next second it's purple, then green.

I guarantee if you get a MC, people will come up to you and ask about the paint.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Loved mine.....When My wife and I drove into Mustang Week....She said she felt like a Movie Star..........No Joke......Flash Bulbs every where...She was impressed.....

Back To Rear: Purple(Rear Bumper), Green, Blue, Black (Front Lower Bumper, Prob the least noticed)

Picture1662.jpg

m5lp_1104_05+2004_Ford_Mustang_Cobra+.jpg

Man, your Mystichrome was/is absolutely stunning. Remember seeing photos of it. Well done modifications and there is so much to love about that car. The wheels, the stance, etc. How much do you miss it? And how much does your wife miss it? ;-)

91svtcoupe

TTop SVT Coupe
Established Member
Man, your Mystichrome was/is absolutely stunning. Remember seeing photos of it. Well done modifications and there is so much to love about that car. The wheels, the stance, etc. How much do you miss it? And how much does your wife miss it? ;-)

Me...............:xpl:..........The Wife...:banana:.......

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Here's a couple of mine. Blue and Purple is dominate. Green/Teal comes out quite often.

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1274.jpg

DSC04926.jpg

DSC02129-1.jpg

forum-2.jpg

Its a great color that turns heads every where I have went.

Users who are viewing this thread