decided im buying a ecoboost f-150 but can anyone talk me out of it to buy the v8?

Abbottthomas

So you arent impressed with the Ecoboost because its a v6? Interesting.
Care to explain why? Stock for stock, the Ecoboost beats the shit out of that archaic 6.2 in the raptor.
Like i said I'm not impressed it no more that taking a 6 banger and adding performance parts to it. Exactly. What real car lovers do anyhow. Don't be upset because you own one bottom line it is a 6 cylinder. I can guarantee you that my truck will hold its value longer and be sought after.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I seen photos of one in a car wreck with a car and the truck was totaled out. Really nothing wrong with it if you are looking to race, jump, and get better gas mileage
You realize the aluminum trucks are safer than the steel trucks, right? The whole idea behind crash safety is for a vehicle to crumple. The more the vehicle crumples, the less energy is transferred to the occupants, the less injuries occupants get.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
ecoboost trucks are faster than the 5.0 but often times get similar or worse fuel mileage, higher purchase price and less reliable than NA v8. Not to mention the exhaust note sounds like homosexual rape.

since you are looking at 2013/2014 trucks if i were you id look for an FX4 or lariat optioned with the 6.2L. Then you have a thunderous 411hp/434lb-ft v8. Even more if you disable the torque limiting via a tuner

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
You realize the aluminum trucks are safer than the steel trucks, right? The whole idea behind crash safety is for a vehicle to crumple. The more the vehicle crumples, the less energy is transferred to the occupants, the less injuries occupants get.

I also want to add that generally the more a vehicle crumples the longer the impact lasts, which greatly reduces the severity of injuries. Short impacts transfer far more energy. Just like impact guns. They may not apply more force than you could with a breaker bar, but it does it in a far shorter time than you can making it more potent.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Like i said I'm not impressed it no more that taking a 6 banger and adding performance parts to it. Exactly. What real car lovers do anyhow. Don't be upset because you own one bottom line it is a 6 cylinder. I can guarantee you that my truck will hold its value longer and be sought after.

Lol. So an opinion with 0 fact or supporting discussion for said opinion. Real car lovers? What are you talking about?

The only reason the first gen Raptor will have any resale value whatsoever is 1. because its an SVT product and 2. its an offroad powerhouse. It will NOT, absolutely NOT hold value because of that terrible 6.2 thats inside.

The second gen Raptor will be FAR more desirable long-term.

Abbottthomas

Ok I do understand about safety trust me. I'm currently in the military and have been doing it for just over28 years so I can tell you that actually steel is more protected than you might think. But listen I didn't come here to have a debate with you. I accually came on here to post some photos on towing a GT 350 on a uhaul. The guy ask to be talked out of buying one. I gave my two cents enjoy.

Abbottthomas

Lol. So an opinion with 0 fact or supporting discussion for said opinion. Real car lovers? What are you talking about?

The only reason the first gen Raptor will have any resale value whatsoever is 1. because its an SVT product and 2. its an offroad powerhouse. It will NOT, absolutely NOT hold value because of that terrible 6.2 thats inside.

sometimes the truth hurts. Enjoy your fantasy and I'll enjoy mine. Peace out brother

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member

What's terrible about the 6.2?

Very durable engine that is also used in the gas super duty.

Only negative I see is that it's a 2 valve, but it's not as bad as the 4.6 and 5.4 valves in terms of flow.

For the OP. Drive both, see which one you like.
Since you are looking at used ones, I would also base your decision on history maintenance.

If you want a truck to be fast, and have a bigger budget for the mods, go 5.0 and TVS.
If you want to make the truck quicker, but not dump around 8k for a blower, go the 3.5LTT.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
What's terrible about the 6.2?

Very durable engine that is also used in the gas super duty.

Only negative I see is that it's a 2 valve, but it's not as bad as the 4.6 and 5.4 valves in terms of flow.

In and of itself its fine. When compared to the Ecoboost and Coyote , however, its an under-performer that lacks efficiency.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Only reason I'd want the V8 is for the sound. Otherwise, a tune only on the truck will make it boogey like a mofo. Loving my LMS tuned MKS EcoBoost.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Ok I do understand about safety trust me. I'm currently in the military and have been doing it for just over28 years so I can tell you that actually steel is more protected than you might think. But listen I didn't come here to have a debate with you. I accually came on here to post some photos on towing a GT 350 on a uhaul. The guy ask to be talked out of buying one. I gave my two cents enjoy.

I didn't mean to say that steel is dangerous and aluminum is safe. Just the newest generation of trucks, even though they are aluminum, was designed to be safer than the last generation. I just meant just because an aluminum vehicle was totaled doesn't mean it isn't safe.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
If you can wait, and are willing to swing a new car payment, the diesel F-150 will be available early next year.

Users who are viewing this thread