dead on3performance turbo

Svtracer

Established Member
Mine runs great. My first turbo blew because the oil feed/ drain wasn't up and down which was my fault. I paid for shipping back to them it was like $20 some odd from usps. They told the turbo's done and they will help me out and id only have to pay half for the new turbo. I said cool got the new turbo put it on haven't had a problem since. The car made great power and has been down the track/dd no problems so far. In total i spend alittle less than 3500. I already had the k member so that helped. I think you just had alittle bad luck turbo cars require alot of tinkering and patience it will be worth it in the end trust me.

bad01cobra

Established Member
Mine runs great. My first turbo blew because the oil feed/ drain wasn't up and down which was my fault. I paid for shipping back to them it was like $20 some odd from usps. They told the turbo's done and they will help me out and id only have to pay half for the new turbo. I said cool got the new turbo put it on haven't had a problem since. The car made great power and has been down the track/dd no problems so far. In total i spend alittle less than 3500. I already had the k member so that helped. I think you just had alittle bad luck turbo cars require alot of tinkering and patience it will be worth it in the end trust me.

i agree with you and it will be worth it and again i dont care about the turbo i can rebuild it my self but i am just buying a turbonetics my self and be done my only complaint again was the comunication with them just felt like i was being put off and only got a response because i posted on here thats all i am going to just improve there kit and make it my way and it will be fine

InKogNigRow

Established Member
and what would be the difference between a 96-98 4v vs. a mach 1 motor.... O thats right!!!!! I forgot the mach motor is a triangle at the bottom!!!! thats why it doesnt fit!!

Talk about quality craftsman ship with my kit, this is my 3rd turbo kit I have purchased (first on3 kit ), and by far this was the most complete trouble free bolt on Kit I have purchased. Ran into no issues at all.

mrbigjeep

Established Member
IMO i don't give a crap what the deal was...

it is ANNOYING to freakin call several times and NOT get a phone call back when said you will...PISSES ME OFF when stuff like that happens! just sayin.

CobraMac

Established Member
To be honest...I feel that a company should warranty ZERO days on the turbos...you do NOT bolt turbos onto a car to "putt" around in the car and not step on it. You buy them because you want to put your foot in it and make power. Therefore these turbos are not being used for normal driving purposes. I could care less if the car is a "daily driver", a turbo kit is still being added to it. This is coming from a guy who knows a good amount about having a turbo car as seen in my sig.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
getting very pissed of have contacted them 5 times since friday sent them all the pics they asked for and for some reason evreytime i call chad is either not there eating lunch or they say he will call me back and never does i dont care if its a cheaper turbo if you sell it you back it and since it has only 30 miles on it thought this would be a nobrainer:fm::mj::cuss:

Yea good luck getting Chad, the other guy I think his name is mike, everytime I called to talk to Chad mike would answer. Well he talks like he's never hears of a turbo before??? Everything I asked him he didn't have an answer. I'm waiting on Chad to call me back and it's been like 3 efing months!

digity24

Established Member
It seems like the more popular a company gets the les they care about there customers. I had my rebuilt novi blow up within 100 miles om the car. Ill never buy anything from vortech again there customer service sucks!

bad01cobra

Established Member
well i sent the turbo back to them got it back around july put it all back on and ran the car in the garage for 40 min no problem car sits untill november go to drive it and yet again the turbo blows the oil seal in the exhaust and this time it has a crack in the exhaust housing and blew oil all over the motor i am pissed off going to buy a new mp70 and sell this kit and go with a kennybell

jimmeehboi

VNMIZED
Established Member
well i sent the turbo back to them got it back around july put it all back on and ran the car in the garage for 40 min no problem car sits untill november go to drive it and yet again the turbo blows the oil seal in the exhaust and this time it has a crack in the exhaust housing and blew oil all over the motor i am pissed off going to buy a new mp70 and sell this kit and go with a kennybell

Pics?

bad01cobra

Established Member
i will try and get some pics up but my car is in storage unit dont even want to see it in my garage i am so pissed

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member

let me get this straight- you can't install a turbo kit in 1 months time, you rebuilt the same shitty turbo that you vowed to replace with a better one, you let the car sit for almost 4 months without cranking it, and somehow when you were driving it you cracked it? man I would be pissed too-at myself for not having bought a honda like you should have. just sayin- gotta pay to play, and you ain't doing either.

bad01cobra

Established Member
let me get this straight- you can't install a turbo kit in 1 months time, you rebuilt the same shitty turbo that you vowed to replace with a better one, you let the car sit for almost 4 months without cranking it, and somehow when you were driving it you cracked it? man I would be pissed too-at myself for not having bought a honda like you should have. just sayin- gotta pay to play, and you ain't doing either.

no i had them rebuild it because i am working on a jeep and my house so to have the car back and running i put the turbo they rebuilt back on so the car could move by then it was end of summer and dont drive it untill it gets warm so then it was blowing oil by the exhaust seal and on the way to put it back in my garage it cracked the housing and my family comes first and yes i do pay to play thats why i have a cobra

jimmeehboi

VNMIZED
Established Member
no i had them rebuild it because i am working on a jeep and my house so to have the car back and running i put the turbo they rebuilt back on so the car could move by then it was end of summer and dont drive it untill it gets warm so then it was blowing oil by the exhaust seal and on the way to put it back in my garage it cracked the housing and my family comes first and yes i do pay to play thats why i have a cobra

honestly i can't much understand half of that sentence, but the gist of it saying you've done the turbo twice and both times you had the same problem?? Sounds like you should've addressed it the first time. If you knew it was blowing oil why drive it? good luck either way just wish I understood a bit more. I don't see the turbo blowing 2 times without a mechanical error or getting into boost a lot.

bad01cobra

Established Member
i did they said it was a defective seal and they would rebuild it and i hit 6.5 psi about 7 times fro about 5 sec each time and was on the phone with on3 going over everything they could come up with but could not find anything wrong i think the turbine or housing was defective and another thing they have never heard of anyone running oil restrictors on the turbo feed line but i am not worried about it waiting untill fall and going with a kennebell

Users who are viewing this thread