dead on3performance turbo

95PGTTech

Established Member
you're lucky he offered the solution he did - most aftermarket parts are no warranty, period. there are seriously a million ways another shop or the end user can botch the install.

bad01cobra

Established Member
i understant that but at turbo that blows up of the start and there is only 3 ways to screw up a turbo not having the oil supply straight up and down and having to small of a drain line or no filter and something gets sucked in and all the major turbo companies over atleast a 1 yr warranty i should have spent about 1500-2000 more and bought the hellion kit that comes with a great warranty and not have spent about 4500-5000 total on everything to make this kit work and have my car sit for 2 1/2 months i have enjoed boost for 5-10 min that sucks :fm:

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
Too much oil pressure can blow the seals also. That can happen with it just idling. My car has close to 100psi at cold startup.

95PGTTech

Established Member
i understant that but at turbo that blows up of the start and there is only 3 ways to screw up a turbo not having the oil supply straight up and down and having to small of a drain line or no filter and something gets sucked in and all the major turbo companies over atleast a 1 yr warranty i should have spent about 1500-2000 more and bought the hellion kit that comes with a great warranty and not have spent about 4500-5000 total on everything to make this kit work and have my car sit for 2 1/2 months i have enjoed boost for 5-10 min that sucks :fm:

and how does the manufacturer know you did not mess one of these things up? take "your word" on it? it's aftermarket performance parts, there is NO warranty. you're at the mercy of whatever help he can offer; I'd take him up on his rebuild offer.

BlackVenom99

Established Member
I don't know what products you deal with, but I've always had to pay return shipping for warranty work. It is out of what warranty was given, and they're being nice and offering to cover.

What was absolutely nessasary for you to buy that became 5K, that apparently comes with the hellion kit?
You spent quite a bit on everything apparently, just to skimp and not atleast get the MP turbo from the start. And now the bashing and complaining about a company begins.

bad01cobra

Established Member
not bashing the company just the turbo what i am bashing is some one could have gave me a straight answer on it not drag me along for 2 weeks and still not get a phone call about it and the only reason i feel that i got any kind of response was because i posted on here and as far as return shipping yes you do pay that but if it is under warranty you get refunded your shipping just did on a sct tuner that was burnt up when i recived it also not to metion i was burned on a mass air that i orederd from them and after 2 weeks no call and it was only gonna take a week to get and i had to call to find out after 2 weeks it was never orderd same thing with that never could get a straight answer it was always (we will call you back)

bad01cobra

Established Member
I don't know what products you deal with, but I've always had to pay return shipping for warranty work. It is out of what warranty was given, and they're being nice and offering to cover.

What was absolutely nessasary for you to buy that became 5K, that apparently comes with the hellion kit?
You spent quite a bit on everything apparently, just to skimp and not atleast get the MP turbo from the start. And now the bashing and complaining about a company begins.

what company only gives you 30 days on a turbo do you know any one who has got there kit on in 30 days and got enough drive time to test the turbo it should atleast be 60-90 days but i dont care i am going turbonetics its not a bad kit but regardles of what turbo you get it should last you more then 3 miles

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
bad01cobra sorry to hear about your luck on those turbo, upgrade to mp T70 and be done with it. Mine holding nice even at 20 psi DD and track.

BlackVenom99

Established Member
what company only gives you 30 days on a turbo do you know any one who has got there kit on in 30 days and got enough drive time to test the turbo it should atleast be 60-90 days but i dont care i am going turbonetics its not a bad kit but regardles of what turbo you get it should last you more then 3 miles

What blasphemy, it's never been heard of ever in the turbo industry:

Part of Turbonetics Warranty policy:Exclusions:
Mid-frame, Y2k and Thumper series turbochargers are intended for extreme duty/race applications and are warranted against defects in material and or workmanship only for a period of 30 days from the date of original invoice.

It's only been a week total that you've been complaining about. Apparently you previously decided not to mention having also contacted them prior to this last friday, that you had been calling 5 times with no good answer about a turbo that was known out of warranty.

You still haven't mentioned what all added up to 5K dollars that would've all came in the hellion kit, "i should have spent about 1500-2000 more and bought the hellion kit"?

And is it 3 miles or 30 miles? originally posted thirty but since then it's been changed to 3 on a few posts.

It's bashing when statements are made against a company especially when any of those statements are exaggerated.

The good thing about having a storefront store instead of an online one is you get a feel for your customers and can turn them away...

Shin

Established Member

Mid-frame, Y2k and Thumper series turbochargers are intended for extreme duty/race applications and are warranted against defects in material and or workmanship only for a period of 30 days from the date of original invoice.

It's only been a week total that you've been complaining about. Apparently you previously decided not to mention having also contacted them prior to this last friday, that you had been calling 5 times with no good answer about a turbo that was known out of warranty.

You still haven't mentioned what all added up to 5K dollars that would've all came in the hellion kit, "i should have spent about 1500-2000 more and bought the hellion kit"?

And is it 3 miles or 30 miles? originally posted thirty but since then it's been changed to 3 on a few posts.

It's bashing when statements are made against a company especially when any of those statements are exaggerated.

The good thing about having a storefront store instead of an online one is you get a feel for your customers and can turn them away...

Great post :beer:

Ignorance is bliss, he's acting like it's the first blown turbo in history.
OP needs to calm down and work with ON3 as he's willing to facilitate you on something he doesn't have to.
Always trying to damage as shops reputation... SMH

ON3, good job on the warranty work some people here are reasonable and understand that you're going out of your way to help, it'll only make your resume look better :beer:

bad01cobra

Established Member

of course the ones you listed are not going to have a long warranty because they are all out race versions and are not going on dd cars :burn:

Turbonetics Limited No Fault / No Hassle Warranty Policy includes all Turbonetics manufactured products such as turbochargers, heat exchangers, wastegates&by-pass valves for a period of one year from the date of purchase and online registration

BlackVenom99

Established Member
One of those includes a t72 but then again it is considered race only...kinda like off road only. But I guess you would know best.

BlackVenom99

Established Member
You asked what company only gives 30 day warranties, apparently the warranty is based upon the product bought. You bought a product that the company deems to be "race only" for warranty purposes and afterwards( aka after making decision, and buying said product) began to complain.

News flash: If you don't like it, don't buy it...

If you do the same to turbonetics and buy something that they deem as one way and turn around and complain after your warranty is up, they will swat you away like a fly. You have no legal grounds, but this company thought they'd be nice. And instead you still choose to say bad things about the situation.

You may feel something to be dd where others may feel it too extreme. There are guys running around with thumper,and mid frame turbos on their dd

97LaserRed

Fresh
Established Member
This is one reason I told everyone to stay away from on3. They will NOT help you out if there is a problem. Everything is extremely cheaply made. I would have thought for 2 grand you would get somthing decent... but no.

Anyone can bash me for hating on3. I dont care. But if you dont own the kit don't talk or try and support them. If you have the kit and it last you awhile... good for you. and good luck with everything. Im telling myself the same thing. I got screwed and I admit it! I had to fix piping and more. If anybody wants my on3 kit its for sale!! I just cant wait till on3 is out of business so they cant screw anyone else!!

BlackVenom99

Established Member
The ability to read this thread would help you. Atleast you wouldn't say things in threads that are contradictory of what is happening.

To sum it up: op has blown turbo out of warranty, on3p has decided to still warranty it...op is unhappy cause they won't just upgrade it and let him pay the difference.

bad01cobra

Established Member
This is one reason I told everyone to stay away from on3. They will NOT help you out if there is a problem. Everything is extremely cheaply made. I would have thought for 2 grand you would get somthing decent... but no.

Anyone can bash me for hating on3. I dont care. But if you dont own the kit don't talk or try and support them. If you have the kit and it last you awhile... good for you. and good luck with everything. Im telling myself the same thing. I got screwed and I admit it! I had to fix piping and more. If anybody wants my on3 kit its for sale!! I just cant wait till on3 is out of business so they cant screw anyone else!!

i agree with you i am either buying a turbonetics turbo or junking this kit and going twinscrew and regardless of the turbo not getting a phone call at all is what pissed me off there customer service sucks and they are not even willing to talk with you on the phone about it i never once smashed them or got nasty with them untill they were not answering the phone or answering my emails

also to big mouth black venom 99 i would like to see how you would act if you spent 2000 on the kit 1200 on a full qa1 suspension 400 on a custom tune 375 on a mass air because on3 did not orderd yours when you paid for it 2 weeks ahead of time spent 1000 on the fuel system 370 on a boost and fuel press gauge and then when you get to drive it for 25-30 miles total and have a blown turbo and you call them just to ask if its uder warranty and you dont ever get a phone call you get a email after 2 weeks and your car is sitting for weeks lets see how you feel until then i dont care or want to here any of your opinons and do you have a on3performance kit on your car?

Last edited:

chindian

Established Member
I have an O3P kit on my 93' coupe, with the china turbo, Bolted right up, PRIMED the turbo before starting. 30,000 miles later she still pulls strong. 99% of all initial turbo seal failures are from lack of initial prime. If we could all remember its a 2K turbo kit, half price of everything else out on the market. Excellent quality for the price.

InKogNigRow

Established Member

Didnt know on3 had a kit or for a 4v mach swapped sn95 yet.

Users who are viewing this thread