dead on3performance turbo

bad01cobra

Established Member
well got the car all up and running and drove it for about 30 miles total and the oil seal on the exhaust side of the turbo blew apart and filled my exhaust with oil no i have to take it all apart and clean my entire exhaust and all of this was on 6.5 psi and the car was ran at idel for 45 min to give everything time to break in and then took it out and only hit boost 3 times for a short time now waiting to see if the turbo is coverd under warranty because the kit is only 2 months old :fm:

bad01cobra

Established Member
i have pics but dont know how to post them and it was the basic turbo that comes in the kit might just buy a turbonetics on and be done dont like doing stuff twice :fm:

vulture

Established Member
Sorry to hear that . Deff upgrade that turbo . Go with a precision , its a little pricey , but i promise youll be happier. Ive got a 70gts 81a/r on my supra . Its been on for 2 years , boosted to 32 psi , and has 30 or so passes on it at that . I couldnt even count how many 18psi runs on the street , never a problem.

94venomV8

Established Member
Mp is an upgrade for them, i think they come with chinese units. I doubt a Master Power did that as they have pretty good quality control and havent heard anything bad about MP yet for the money. However I have heard of this happening a lot with the chinese turbos out of the box. If your gonna get a 0n3 kit you have to upgrade to MP IMO

Svtracer

Established Member
did you make sure you clocked the center section? this happened to me and it was pretty bad. The oil feed and drain need to be lined up straight up and down or the turbo will not drain right. you have to make sure you clock the center section. i had to learn the hard way it sucked.

bad01cobra

Established Member
getting very pissed of have contacted them 5 times since friday sent them all the pics they asked for and for some reason evreytime i call chad is either not there eating lunch or they say he will call me back and never does i dont care if its a cheaper turbo if you sell it you back it and since it has only 30 miles on it thought this would be a nobrainer:fm::mj::cuss:

Svtracer

Established Member
They are usually pretty good at returning calls. Ive delt with mike only spoke to chad couple of times. Must be pretty swamped.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
on3performance gained alot of momentum with these turbo kits being a good deal for a decent turbo kit for cheap however this could end it all if its not handled

bad01cobra

Established Member
well after calling 3 times today finally got an email saying they will rebuild it not give me a new one and i have to pay to ship it back to them and once they get it and take it over to the place that rebuilds it it will take 10 buisness days to fix it and then they have to send it back to me my car has been down since may 27th not entirly there fault but luckly they are some what trying to help because you only get a 1 month warranty which i think is a joke nobody gets a turbo kit on and running in a month to check out the turbo so i am just going to rebuild it my self and save my self the agravation of it all it just plane sucks and its funny i did not get a response untill i posted on here that i was having problems still have never recived a phone call :mj:

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
well after calling 3 times today finally got an email saying they will rebuild it not give me a new one and i have to pay to ship it back to them and once they get it and take it over to the place that rebuilds it it will take 10 buisness days to fix it and then they have to send it back to me my car has been down since may 27th not entirly there fault but luckly they are some what trying to help because you only get a 1 month warranty which i think is a joke nobody gets a turbo kit on and running in a month to check out the turbo so i am just going to rebuild it my self and save my self the agravation of it all it just plane sucks and its funny i did not get a response untill i posted on here that i was having problems still have never recived a phone call :mj:

Well that sucks. At least they gave you the option to fix it for you, even if you had to pay for shipping the turbo to them. Honestly I would ditch the junk Chinese turbo and spend the coin on a better quality turbo. Otherwise you run the risk of this happening all over again even after its rebuilt. Where you could have more peace of mind knowing you have a better quality turbo and will likely make much more power.

Jaysin

Established Member
Well that sucks. At least they gave you the option to fix it for you, even if you had to pay for shipping the turbo to them. Honestly I would ditch the junk Chinese turbo and spend the coin on a better quality turbo. Otherwise you run the risk of this happening all over again even after its rebuilt. Where you could have more peace of mind knowing you have a better quality turbo and will likely make much more power.

Absolutely agree. These kits seem to be doing well from all the feedback i've read. I plan on getting a GT sometime soon and plan on buying one of these kits. Though I will not use the MP turbo that comes with it.

bad01cobra

Established Member
i am upgrading but on my own they will not let me pay the extra money and get a upgrade so i am buying a turbonetics my self and be done with it i have heard of the same problem with the master power ones but not after 3 miles this is bull sh*t:cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread