dead on3performance turbo

mysteed

Established Member
i did they said it was a defective seal and they would rebuild it and i hit 6.5 psi about 7 times fro about 5 sec each time and was on the phone with on3 going over everything they could come up with but could not find anything wrong i think the turbine or housing was defective and another thing they have never heard of anyone running oil restrictors on the turbo feed line but i am not worried about it waiting untill fall and going with a kennebell
You know, I really really want to understand your posts but the lack of punctuation makes that extremely hard to do.

ballx4xlife

Established Member
I have a .063 oil restrictor before my turbo. I've had my kit from on3performance on my car for a few weeks now and I've had no problem. I have their t76 ball bearing turbo. I still have yet to run her too hard since I don't have my larger injectors yet.

Last edited:

quikcobra

Established Member
I have heard all good things about on3 kits. Theres a few here in Orlando and people seem to like it. There are better out but for the coin you save cant really complain IMO. Stuff does happen but I wouldnt hold on3 to the turbo. Im sure they didnt build it...

bad01cobra

Established Member
I have heard all good things about on3 kits. Theres a few here in Orlando and people seem to like it. There are better out but for the coin you save cant really complain IMO. Stuff does happen but I wouldnt hold on3 to the turbo. Im sure they didnt build it...

i agree they did not make the turbo , and stuff does happen , my biggest problem with them is the turbo was messed up from the start so when it was sent back i asked for a new one , they said the best they could do was to have it rebuilt so it was. this time when i talked to them they told me i was lying that they do not rebuild turbos and the problem was with something else, and they gave me a new one (wrong mine has bigger holes in the turbo flange so i could put bigger stainless bolts in ) so i sent chad the email he sent to me about it being rebuilt and i would have it back in 10 days , and guess what ever since that have not heard a word from them , they are good to deal with untill you have a problem

ferfont1

Established Member
on3performance gained alot of momentum with these turbo kits being a good deal for a decent turbo kit for cheap however this could end it all if its not handled

yeah i doubt this single event,even if on3 is at fault, would affect anything!! Especially being a single case as this is. I could see if maybe alot of people were having this problem and not being delt with but come on! This is probably user error or a factory defect.

I say this because it seems everyone that gets an on3 kit and what ever little problem they come across they seem to blast it across the internet for some reason. :shrug:

I've had my on3 kit on for 3 years now, installed by me, making 540/650 to the wheels and is a daily driver. Sure everything didn't fit exactly but what do you expect for 1899??!!

LSXThis

Established Member
the odds of the same thing going wrong 2x being the turbos fault is getting grim....

i agree "customer service" is a lost art now days, but maybe you need to get it professionally installed?

Bullitt357

Established Member
the odds of the same thing going wrong 2x being the turbos fault is getting grim....

I would disagree. A $100 turbo is, plain and simple, a turd. People will spend twice that to tint their windows but will allow a $100 paper weight to force feed their engine? Freaking unbelievable!!!!!

bad01cobra

Established Member

i agree "customer service" is a lost art now days, but maybe you need to get it professionally installed?

that might been true but have had my buddy's turbonetics on the car for 2 weeks now and not one single problem at all , it was just a bad turbo from the start i have put more miles on my friends turbo in 2 weeks then i could get out of the other 2 turbo's

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
I would disagree. A $100 turbo is, plain and simple, a turd. People will spend twice that to tint their windows but will allow a $100 paper weight to force feed their engine? Freaking unbelievable!!!!!

The man speaks the truth! The funny part is when people do build a good kit they are told there numbers dont mean crap because they are fake. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread