DD N/A coyote, 11.0's on motor

01bluesnake

Established Member
Figured i would share my runs for more to see since i primarily post info in the 5.0 section, and i know not everyone gets in there to see what these cars are doing. So, here's some info on the car and it's runs. It's been some time since the Cobra Jet manifold was on the car, and with two previous track outings having traction issues (stock rear control arms,3.31,DR's), then a broken DS, i finally made some clean passes. The DA today was damn near perfect at -181. I made 5 runs total, first two were aborted due to sorting the suspension out. The last three full runs the car went 11.0x's. I was really hoping to get a 10.99 or better, but it was all the car had to give with the short run window. I did get the 3.90 gears in as well as the 28" M/T stiff side wall slicks on. The track was decent, pretty cold and lots of street tire cars were tearing it up. I still managed a best 60' of 1.49 leaving on the two step at 6500. I wanted to keep trying but the sun was already coming down and called it a day. Unfortunately we got delayed a few hours when a back halved car lost its motor and sprayed down the track also wiping out across both lanes, thankfully nobody was hurt. Anyways, very happy about the times overall, just wish the season wasn't over so i could of played with a few more things and tried to break 10's. :beer:

The car in street trim weighs 3511 at a 1/2 tank of fuel without me. On the track wheels with me it is 3530

Engine/power mods:
AED tune
E85
47lb injectors
Ported CJ manifold
SCJ T body
My custom CAI
Lethal O/R X
GT500 axle pipes (no resonators)
Bassani axle back

About 440-445whp

Car's suspension/brakes/drivetrain consist of:
BMR K member (stock arms)
BMR rad support w/ sway delete
stock struts
BMR UCA bracket
BMR upper arm
BMR LCA's
BMR relo brackets
BMR panhard
BMR panhard brace
Steeda boss springs(going to BMR soon)
Steeda Spherical housing bushing
Strange single way rear shocks
Full Tilt Boogie Racing full floating drag rotors front and rear
Axle exchange driveshaft
Barton 2 post shifter bracket
JPC clutch line
Motive 3.90 gear

Wheels & tires:
17" Alumastar's with M&H 26" bias ply's
15x10" Weldstar RT with single CWI X bealocks with M/T stiff side wall slicks 28x10.5"

All 3 runs were done within 30mins of each other. Shifting RPM for all gears was at 7500.

run 1----6000 two step
'60--- 1.53
1/8---7.068
mph---98.98
1/4---11.072
mph---122.17

run 2 ----6500 two step
'60---1.49
1/8---7.070
mph---98.66
1/4---11.092
mph---120.52

run 3----6500 two step (spun)
'60---1.54
1/8---7.046
mph---98.47
1/4---11.037
mph---121.54

[youtube_browser]c-XYYJI4CZM[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]pIDomr6L4tM[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]NCTXICIPkkM[/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]B5b4pwHwxtg[/youtube_browser]

110wheelup_zps79e2bb4f.jpg

photo_zps3fa47703.png

Last edited:

topfueldart

Established Member
Absolutely sick! Love hearing that thing sing at launch and powershifting like a boss. Great work, you'll get the 10 i'm sure!

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
but but but but the MT82 sucks...

Nice runs. Can't believe youre still using stock struts.

01bluesnake

Established Member
Thanks guys!

Looks good and congrats.......damn I need to run at a track with that kind of downhill slope.

Thanks. Surprisingly the track isn't downhill but the run off is up hill which plays a mind trick on people. The starting line and traps are both 705' and after the traps, the run off goes up 30'.

Last edited:

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Every track that has an uphill shut down gets the same comments....haha.
Nice work. It took what seemed like forever to get my first 10 second slip, then it was like the veil had been lifted and I could only run 10s.
Shifting is spot on too! :beer:

Last edited:

vortek01gt

JustA2v
Established Member
:rockon: i was driving the car hard, as its meant to be. Sometimes the cars don't see eye to eye with me though hahaha.

Thanks Shaun! Car definitely wouldn't be running what it is without your tuning.
that's because Shaun is the man. I must say, that is one badass coyote you have there sir! I love the comment in the last video "that car has some poop" lol that guy is awesome

ford20

Established Member
Sick runs Drew! Congratulations on those times, you will be in the 10s for sure at the beginning of next season.

toomnymods

Established Member
awesome times.. great driving.. are you powershifting or just quickshifting??
either way do 100-150 lbs of weight reduction and you should have easy 10's :)

Users who are viewing this thread