DD N/A coyote, 11.0's on motor

01bluesnake

Established Member
Thanks guys :beer:

Sick runs Drew! Congratulations on those times, you will be in the 10s for sure at the beginning of next season.

:thumbsup: Car is on its way of being FI at the moment. I wanted to see what i could get out of it at the end of the year being on motor only.

Nice runs, car moves out! I wonder if the driveshaft would've lived longer with a soft sidewall slick..

Thanks! I'm not sure it would of lasted any longer with a soft wall slick, just too much for what i was asking of it. I had a feeling it wouldn't last with the slicks, just didn't think on the first run lol.

awesome times.. great driving.. are you powershifting or just quickshifting??
either way do 100-150 lbs of weight reduction and you should have easy 10's :)

Thank you, and I was power shifting. I'm sure i could of pulled the passenger seat as well as the rear and got my 10's that outing, but wanted it to be in street trim minus the wheel setup, although I do DD them a lot :D I think if i didn't spin my last run, i would of got my 10.999. That was my best run, and worst '60

Last edited:

ExTurbo

Established Member
Nice runs man, cant wait to get a decent wheel and tire setup and a driveshaft and hit the track again next season. fastest ive ever gone in a car was my GTO went 11.67 @ 119 on motor (cam only LOL)...you make me wanna go fast!

SVT CAMR

Established Member
Thank you, and I was power shifting. I'm sure i could of pulled the passenger seat as well as the rear and got my 10's that outing, but wanted it to be in street trim minus the wheel setup, although I do DD them a lot :D I think if i didn't spin my last run, i would of got my 10.999. That was my best run, and worst '60

Dude sweet ride and driving.

I think you can get the 10's you want by stopping the front end from coming off the ground. Less energy wasted on the upward and more on the forward. Play with it.

CW1343

Established Member
Nice runs! That's one hell of a DD. If you don't mind me asking, how many miles are on it as of now?

01bluesnake

Established Member
:beer:thanks. I'm actually looking to pass 10's and go right to 9's with the turbo setup lol.

Dude sweet ride and driving.

I think you can get the 10's you want by stopping the front end from coming off the ground. Less energy wasted on the upward and more on the forward. Play with it.

I definitely could of played with the suspension some more, unfortunately that outing was also the last track day of the season. The front end coming up is lost energy for sure, but love the pics it creates :D

Nice runs! That's one hell of a DD. If you don't mind me asking, how many miles are on it as of now?

Thanks! I think its just under 13K as of now, got it new last year.

SVT CAMR

Established Member
Drew, I was just watching the vids from byron. Watching and hearing your car and ron put a huge smile on my face remembering the old days. You got a bad ass car.

BTW I just noticed the 3.90 gears! where do you cross the finish line rpm wise? What rpm do you peak RWHP at? You may benefit from more gear? Just a thought but also me just talking without facts-answers from questions above.

Either way very exciting to a N/A kick ass.

01bluesnake

Established Member
Hahaha, ya he is a riot to listen to. Thanks so much. Yep, tossed them in since i was just ending 3rd at 8k through the traps with the 3.31 gears. With the 3.90's i think it was just about 7600 but in 4th. I would have to double check my dyno charts again where it peaks, dont remember at the moment. The 3.90 for the this N/A setup with the 28" tire is the best choice. Anymore and i would have to shift to 5th. I really do enjoy N/A but miss boost. This was a last hurrah for the setup, although i barely got to dial it in.

Black11gt

Established Member
great runs man car is flying. love when people are in the 10s or knocking on 10s door NA with these.:rockon:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Very nice runs and driving. That is a nasty launch. Car is looking good and moving the bloody hell out.

Reallyslow5oh

Established Member
Awesome driving and times. Definitely kicking some ass. Have you done anything to the transmission? I haven't really played with mine a lot besides the CHE kmember support with torque limiters. But it's always locks me out from 6900-7300 haven't pushed it much past there yet.

01bluesnake

Established Member
Thanks! The transmission is completely stock, and just recently changed over to Amsoil trans fluid, but just to get some new stuff in. I haven't had any issues with the trans whatsoever. The mods i do have is stock shifter with a Barton bracket, with a JPC clutch line. The car was being shifted lower due to the stock clutch being inconsistent any higher. The big problem on these cars is the clutch not liking RPM close to stock redline and higher. There's a few things that help, but are minor band aids to the clutch. My car does have a BMR K up front, it uses puck motor mounts, which i think has been a big help as well. The trick when shifting these transmissions, is to keep your arm as inline with the console as possible. You want a forward and back movement of your hand, as any side load into gears seems to cause missed shifts. 1-2 is straight back, 3-4 is straight forward. It helps that i've been driving and racing stick cars for 15 years, but this trans was definitely a little different in what it liked from previous stangs with the Tremec's

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread