DD N/A coyote, 11.0's on motor

Reallyslow5oh

Established Member
Thanks! The transmission is completely stock, and just recently changed over to Amsoil trans fluid, but just to get some new stuff in. I haven't had any issues with the trans whatsoever. The mods i do have is stock shifter with a Barton bracket, with a JPC clutch line. The car was being shifted lower due to the stock clutch being inconsistent any higher. The big problem on these cars is the clutch not liking RPM close to stock redline and higher. There's a few things that help, but are minor band aids to the clutch. My car does have a BMR K up front, it uses puck motor mounts, which i think has been a big help as well. The trick when shifting these transmissions, is to keep your arm as inline with the console as possible. You want a forward and back movement of your hand, as any side load into gears seems to cause missed shifts. 1-2 is straight back, 3-4 is straight forward. It helps that i've been driving and racing stick cars for 15 years, but this trans was definitely a little different in what it liked from previous stangs with the Tremec's

I appreciate the detailed response, you've been racing since I was 7 lol. I don't have the experience racing I've just been driving manual mustangs for 4 years now and this is the first one I've been able to race. I don't mind shifting at 6800 cause I put the stock intake back on. But when I had the boss intake I found it pointless cause I could hardly ever shift. Did you get the standard height K-Member? Or did you lower the engine mounts a little bit? I was looking into getting one but I didn't know if lowering it made a big difference. Sorry for all the questions lol

125oh

Established Member
Very impressive , I noticed your running 3.90 gear . What are you crossing the finish line at rpm wise ? I'm running 4.10 with 28 inch tall tire I'm wondering if I'll have to shift to 5 th

v8stang

Established Member
Very impressive , I noticed your running 3.90 gear . What are you crossing the finish line at rpm wise ? I'm running 4.10 with 28 inch tall tire I'm wondering if I'll have to shift to 5 th

Hahaha, ya he is a riot to listen to. Thanks so much. Yep, tossed them in since i was just ending 3rd at 8k through the traps with the 3.31 gears. With the 3.90's i think it was just about 7600 but in 4th. I would have to double check my dyno charts again where it peaks, dont remember at the moment. The 3.90 for the this N/A setup with the 28" tire is the best choice. Anymore and i would have to shift to 5th. I really do enjoy N/A but miss boost. This was a last hurrah for the setup, although i barely got to dial it in.

your'e welcome :beer:

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Good job with your program! If you can get the car to pull harder to 60' and 330' the car will run 10s no problem.

Those mods minus the CJ stuff at 2850# runs 10.20s @ 132 MPH ... the other cars in the class ran 10.0. And yes I drive the car on the street, tagged and insured.

Users who are viewing this thread