Damaged KenneBell from Jon Bond.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Wow, what a major scumbag. Seems like he purposely did this when you didn't want to do what he suggested. Effin dick.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
If the value of the blower when it left your hands was higher than the value of the blower when you got it back, you couldn't take him on some type of legal justification about diminished value?

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
I was considering sending Jon my FRPP 2.3 TVS to look at.
I think it has some bad bearinigs as it makes some strange noises when cold.
Thanks for the heads up, you probably saved me some headaches, I will look elswhere.:beer:

john_anch_ak

Wow, that really sucks and I'm not sure that there is much you can do about it. I don't do facebook but if you do and he has a facebook page you can post this issue. You might also contact the Better Business Bureau. I know some don't think that the BBB can do anything but I had an issue with a samsung piece of crap and they refused to do anything about it. I filed a complaint with them and my wife also put the issue on their facebook page, about a week later I got a call from a samsung president and they made good on the problem. Good luck and thanks for posting about this scumbag.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
I say we do like the bullet and everyone call this gentleman and say what a nice guy he is... :D

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
man you got me worried. i sent my 3.4 whipple in and found out it was trashed. i had to buy a new head unit which is supposed to be coming from whipple. ive been waiting two weeks and havent heard a word. i called him mon and he said he is waiting on whipple to ship. funny thing is i checked with whipple before buying and they had that head unit sitting ready to go. im wondering wtf is taking so long.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
I wouldn't be making this post if the blower was returned in the same condition as I sent it to him.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
Here is his reply to a buddy on facebook.

Jon Bond Performance There are always two sides to every story. Your friend's case had internal damage from a failure prior to sending it in here. He did decline the repair which is his choice. We did not charge for any of the estimate or dis-assembly. His complaint is that the supercharger case, which could not be repaired, had marks on it upon return. He was most upset because he wanted to 'repair' that case and sell the supercharger and he made threats to damage my reputation on the internet. The repair was not outrageous. The case was damaged, the rotors were damaged, and the teeth on the supercharger were gauled. To replace all of these parts and do a full rebuild was $1,685. I quoted him a price for a new head unit from Kenne Bell- the same price as they retail to customers and even offered trade in. Your friend declined this. When customers want to repair something that should not be repaired so that the product is mis-reprented to some unsuspecting person- I have a problem with this. Just ask those who have purchased a damaged supercharger how they feel purchasing garbage. Plus, why would I want to help someone who threatens to harm my reputation?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
unless its clear coated you can have all those scratches polished out. but it will cost a few bucks. that sucks :nonono:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Here is his reply to a buddy on facebook.

Jon Bond Performance There are always two sides to every story. Your friend's case had internal damage from a failure prior to sending it in here. He did decline the repair which is his choice. We did not charge for any of the estimate or dis-assembly. His complaint is that the supercharger case, which could not be repaired, had marks on it upon return. He was most upset because he wanted to 'repair' that case and sell the supercharger and he made threats to damage my reputation on the internet. The repair was not outrageous. The case was damaged, the rotors were damaged, and the teeth on the supercharger were gauled. To replace all of these parts and do a full rebuild was $1,685. I quoted him a price for a new head unit from Kenne Bell- the same price as they retail to customers and even offered trade in. Your friend declined this. When customers want to repair something that should not be repaired so that the product is mis-reprented to some unsuspecting person- I have a problem with this. Just ask those who have purchased a damaged supercharger how they feel purchasing garbage. Plus, why would I want to help someone who threatens to harm my reputation?

He seems to be missing the point about the damaging you are referring to being on the outside of the case, and not the interior.

02reaper

Established Member
You say no money was exchanged, but I'm sure he didn't ship the supercharger back for free.....So in that case, money was exchanged.

uh0h50

Established Member
Holy shit. Did they disassemble it on a pile of rocks? Sure, it may be defective, but that gives no one the right to treat the product any worse. People are idiots these days.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
In case anyone wants to see these are the "gouges" the rendered the case useless. They are about the size of 0.5 pencil lead.

20140609_151840.jpg

20140609_151832.jpg

20140609_151823.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread