Damaged KenneBell from Jon Bond.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
I had recently checked the oil in my 2.2KB. Upon checking the oil It seemed to me that the oil had a nice sheen to it like metal from worn snout bearings. Mind you the blower did not make any noises or use any oil. Made full boost and never ran hot. So I pulled the blower off and looked around to send it out to be rebuilt. I had 2 options. KenneBell or Jon Bond Performance. Knowing that KB may not do anything with it due to being old I opted to go with Jon Bond. This is where it all went down hill.

I boxed up the blower very well and I mean VERY well. (i work in aerospace and ship satellites and aircraft antennas) So I ship out a pristine looking polished KB2.2 to Jon Bond.

20140315_191521.jpg

20140309_172711.jpg

Only scratch on the Blower

Screenshot_2014-06-09-15-31-06.png

So 12 days go by after he recieved my blower I get a call. What I feared the most. My blower case has 3 deep gouges in it and it's not repairable. Jon offers me $450 bucks for the remaings parts that are good (rotors, snout, plenum adapter plate, bypass). I say no thanks and to just ship it back to me. The next day I get another call saying that he just recieved a good case and gears and can do a total rebuild with the new case and gears for $1700. I said that is too much money for a KB2.2 and to just ship me back my existing stuff. I'll decide later on what Im going to do.

Fast forward 4days. My KB shows up at the house. I open the box and first thing I notice is how poorly it was packaged(sorry no pics). As i start to remove the items from the box(since it was now disassembled) I noticed the case. I lay out all the parts and check with my pics and notes to make sure it was indeed my original blower. As it was my parts(everything had numbers engraved on it) I proceed to look it over. And to my surprise this is what I found.

20140609_145656.jpg

20140609_145025.jpg

20140609_145018.jpg

So the case is damaged right!!! Im instantly angry. I compose my self and take those pics^^^ I wait a day to cool off as I didnt want to email or talk to Jon while being angry to keep my cool.

I put together an email with above pics and simply ask how this happened and what he was going to do about it. I get a phone call from Jon Bond just minutes later. He proceeds to tell me it wasn't his problem. I explained that this happened at his shop before shipping. The sticker/badge on the side of the case was in the parts bag and not with the blower during shipping. He then tells me he doesnt see why Im mad because the case is not usable. I tried to explain that whether its usable or not it's not in the same condition and when he recieved it. After a 30 minute convo he tells me that since no money was exchanged it wasnt his problem and he didnt care how well it was taken care of and shipped back to me.

So here I sit with a damaged case and disassembled blower and a car thats down. I just want to warn other people of his shady and very poor business ethics.

A perfect analogy would be if he had an old antique firearm. He had sent it to me(gunsmith) for a review and rebuild. I call and tell him it's unusable. He asks for it to be returned. I take said gun and smash the stock with a hammer and screwdriver before returning it. He calls me angry cause I damaged it. I simply say why do you care it's not usable anyways.

Sorry for the long post.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
That sucks. Is it salvageable to be rebuilt by another company? Steigemeier(Spelling?) might be able to repair it?

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
I will be contacting Kennebell and steggy. To me the "gouges" inside the case are so minor. If it was me I would have put bearings and seals in it and ran it.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow. Definitely the first bad story I've heard against JB.

Guess I've been living under a rock.

2004TBV

Living the dream
Established Member
Jon Bond is a ****in tool. He hosed a local guy over that I know. Put his blower on, cranked the car, everything was fine, closed the hood, drove down the street and started smelling something burning. Pulled over, popped the hood and the front seal was steady leaking oil. Then it started making terrible rotor noise and eventually stopped working all together. Come to find out it was missing some bolts and bearings (something of that nature) and they never tightened the front case bolts all the way down (we missed that. But I mean you couldn't tell with the naked eye, you would have had to put a tool on it to see). Oh, and I forgot to mention, he was told pretty much to go suck a fat babies dick.

Last edited:

Imatk

Established Member
You know... I don't know if it's worth it or not, but I'd probably sue him just for the aggravation.

I can't stand it when crap like this happens to people... and it's happened to me as well.

Hopefully he'll screw over the wrong person (someone with money) and they'll make his business burn to the ground with a nice lawsuit.

What a dick.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, that case has some serious dings and scratches. You said the blower on the return was poorly packaged. Did any loose parts bang around on the case on the return ship? There is such a drastic difference between the first pics you took before you shipped it to them, and what it looked like when you got it back. That exterior damage had to have happened either on the return ship or while at their shop. I'm assuming your packaging was exceptional.

oldmodman

Established Member
I can't figure out how the hell anyone, no matter how big a slob, could do that level of damage in that short a period of time. Not only is it all scratched up, but it look like it was left outdoors to corrode for a year too.

Maybe the best solution is for all the people that he's screwed over to just pay him a visit. And each should bring a nice three foot piece of garden hose with them. Doesn't leave marks.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
The problem with trying to sue him over this is there was no money exchanged. The way he can get away with this is he will tear the blower down then give you an estimate. If you refuse service from his estimate he then throws your stuff in a box and sends it back. No money exchanged so no proof it was him other than his written estimate.

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
I'm not sure a day would have been enough to compose myself. How people like that even have enough of a customer base to get off the ground is mind boggling. Even if no money changes hands, you should be treating a customer's property as your own and no less. What a jack ass. :nonono:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Holy cow! That guy seriously ****ed you up the ass! You can only hope this thread costs the douchebag a lot of business.

Users who are viewing this thread