Customer service these days...

robvas

Established Member
1. It's impossible to call so many companies nowadays.

Have to fill out some stupid web contact form. Half the places don't even have an email address (that they advertise)

Holster company. One of the screws that holds the belt clip thing on is gone. I reach out asking how I can buy a couple replacements...crickets

Styling bar company. I again reach out looking for a new passenger side bracket. How much, how can I order one. No response after a week.

Some software we use at work. Pay hundreds of thousands for. Newest version won't install. Create a ticket. Nothing for 3 days. Had to bug my sales guy and he had to bark up the support tree. Pathetic.

Are people still blaming Covid? My doctors office still had that on their automated phone system when you call. Due to Covid we are taking longer than usual...

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Covid changed customer service forever. Work-at-home policies removed much of the worker accountability, and supply chain issues, product quality issues, etc. abounded. Before Covid, the customer was "always right" and customer service was paramount to a company's success. But staff reductions and the reduction of worker supervision led to horrific downgrading of customer service. Case in point. The local sprinkler system company I was using back in 2019-2022 was high on customer service. It was a family business with a staff of excellent workers. That changed in 2022 when the owner gave the responsibility for running the day-to-day business to the office staff. Customer service got so bad (phone calls never returned, etc.) that I switched to a new sprinkler service that to this day is excellent all around. I left a message with the first company's owner stating why I was dropping them. Soon after, he left a message saying that he understands the problems with their office staff and that he was in the process of replacing them all. I no longer see that company's trucks around. ??

I find that most customer service departments are either outsourced (overseas) or inadequately staffed. Seems today that too many younger adults don't want to work a regular full-time job or deal with customers. They'd prefer to work an easier job and live with their parents. I have noticed that Amazon appears to take customer service very seriously and it is very rare that I am not completely satisfied when I have an issue with a purchase. Amazon is doing a good job IMO. eBay, on the other hand, is horrible when an issue involves the seller. The representative will document the seller's issue and "forward it to the appropriate department" for action, but you cannot connect with that department yourself and they will not inform you of the decision made. And they won't in many cases notify you as to whether or not your complaint has been resolved in your favor. So it can take multiple phone calls/appeals to get an issue (hopefully) resolved. Crazy! So yeah, customer service across the industries has really nose-dived. Sucks! There are, though, still some companies who put an emphasis on exemplary customer service. So it isn't all doom and gloom. But overall, it's not good.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
It's reached a point nowadays where receiving good customer service is almost shocking and worthy of recognition. (In that regard, Cole at www.vettelights.com is awesome to work with.) Too many Karens running around out there squawking about the temperature of their Starbucks ruining it for those of us who have real issues and simply want them resolved as seamlessly as possible.

tistan

Established Member
I just had to deal with State Farm customer service on a Saturday, over three hours on the phone. I bought a new truck and went to add it to my insurance and noticed my old truck was no longer on my insurance. I called them to find out WTF happened. They said I didn't pay the bill and they cancelled the insurance. The lady asks me all of these questions, I tell her I have the conformation number for the bill payment. She completely ignored it. I told her 3 ****ing times I have the confirmation number before she took it and looked it up. She said the payment went somewhere else and that I would need to wait till Monday for my agent to fix it. I said that is fine send me something temporary so that if I get pulled over or in an accident there won't be a problem. She says the only way she can do that is if I pay the payment again. I said you stupid ****s lost it to begin with why the **** would I send you more money. That has been over a week and my truck is still not showing up, and nobody seems to give a ****.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I just had to deal with State Farm customer service on a Saturday, over three hours on the phone. I bought a new truck and went to add it to my insurance and noticed my old truck was no longer on my insurance. I called them to find out WTF happened. They said I didn't pay the bill and they cancelled the insurance. The lady asks me all of these questions, I tell her I have the conformation number for the bill payment. She completely ignored it. I told her 3 ****ing times I have the confirmation number before she took it and looked it up. She said the payment went somewhere else and that I would need to wait till Monday for my agent to fix it. I said that is fine send me something temporary so that if I get pulled over or in an accident there won't be a problem. She says the only way she can do that is if I pay the payment again. I said you stupid ****s lost it to begin with why the **** would I send you more money. That has been over a week and my truck is still not showing up, and nobody seems to give a ****.

I'd be furious! Find someone else. State Farm is a rip off anyway. WAAAAAAAAY overpriced.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve been trying to hire people like crazy…..

1 out of every 8 or so is worthwhile.

The state of “ people “ is insane

this is a big part of it. I know people hiring office workers from 40k-70k and the overall quality of applicants is terrible.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Local Jimmy John's is the worst. It's like they knew I was an Ultra MAGA - lol.

Culver's is still pretty good though.
Haha! If the young ones with funky colored hair get wind you're a Trump supporter watch out! Ultra MAGA gave me a good laugh!

Blown 89

Established Member
Times are so good nobody needs more money so there's no incentive to work hard. I honestly hope the economy tanks so hard it wrecks people's lives.

tistan

Established Member
Local Jimmy John's is the worst. It's like they knew I was an Ultra MAGA - lol.

Culver's is still pretty good though.
I bet my local Jimmy John's is worse than yours. This is the only review I've ever left on Google. Only reason I left it was because this JJ is 2 minutes from my house. It would be nice if they would fix it.

I'm pretty sure that the owner of this place just doesn't care. I drop in every six months or so and nothing has changed. I can be the only car in the drive thru and it still takes 15-20 minutes. Today I wait 5 minutes for them to even say hello and let me know someone is there. Then after another 10 minutes of waiting, they come to the window to tell me they ran out of bread. At this point I just drove off in disgust. Jimmy John's needs to change owners of this location as the person just does not care and does not seem to be able to be made to care from bad reviews or lost business and reputation in this community.

tistan

Established Member
I'd be furious! Find someone else. State Farm is a rip off anyway. WAAAAAAAAY overpriced.
It all depends, I have a lot of stuff to insure. State Farm was higher on some things and lower on others. I will say that they price went up after the first 6 months, which put me back in line with my old company.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I bet my local Jimmy John's is worse than yours. This is the only review I've ever left on Google. Only reason I left it was because this JJ is 2 minutes from my house. It would be nice if they would fix it.

I'm pretty sure that the owner of this place just doesn't care. I drop in every six months or so and nothing has changed. I can be the only car in the drive thru and it still takes 15-20 minutes. Today I wait 5 minutes for them to even say hello and let me know someone is there. Then after another 10 minutes of waiting, they come to the window to tell me they ran out of bread. At this point I just drove off in disgust. Jimmy John's needs to change owners of this location as the person just does not care and does not seem to be able to be made to care from bad reviews or lost business and reputation in this community.

Yup, it's a shame. Their subs used to be pretty good.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Holster company. One of the screws that holds the belt clip thing on is gone. I reach out asking how I can buy a couple replacements...crickets
What holster brand? Pic of offending screw? I have a bunch of holsters and extra parts. If I can find a spare, I'll send it out.

Users who are viewing this thread