Customer service these days...

01yellercobra

Established Member
Because so many companies are running background checks ( people just applying to places to keep benefits)

Some checks are taking WEEKS to come back. By then the person says they don’t want the job anymore
All my checks were done. I went from one federal position to another federal position. The security person was happy to hear I already had a clearance. This was just the government doing what the government does.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Agree with most of what I read here. Customer service is horrible, especially when dealing with anything corporate/corporation related. Local places still have some good service, but there are exceptions.

I work in a county 911 Center. We always get young people and those looking for a step to fire, EMS or police. The combination usually means employees not staying more than 5 years. Such high turnover, no one wants a career as a dispatcher any more. Takes a lot of time and money to train and then gone, just like that.

Applicants we get these days are the worst. Young folks don't use the phone and have no phone etiquette (includes the police officers I teach in the academy). Think they deserve the job, an immediate raise and promotion just by showing up the first day.

I could go on. For days...

ajaf1656

Established Member
On July 10 of this year I submitted paper work to the NYS Department of Education to transfer my Nevada teaching license to a NY State license. They just got back to me on November 2(last week). Four months! And they still need additional information from me which I assume will take another four months. Ridiculous.
Oh boy I feel your pain on that kind of shit. I had a medical issue pop up and I'm waiting on the FAA. It's been over 6 months since my doctor sent them all the paperwork to clear the matter. I can go online and see that the paperwork has been received, but no updates. Just sit and wait.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
We are dealing with issues from our barn door install from Lowes. We paid for the door and install at Lowes and the installer was supposed to call to make the appointment. We kept getting the runaround from the guy so I had to go to Lowes and talk to management about it. Finally he calls and sets the appontment.

They installed it yesterday, before they left I looked at it and noticed the soft close/open features weren’t working. I asked what happened and they told me that they didn’t know how to hook them up. I let them go and called their supervisor and asked him about it, he said the hardware may have fallen out of the box. I asked him to come back and check on their install. The guys came back and I saw them in their trash can and what do you know, they found the brackets.

They left and it was working good but I started noticing how the top of the door was further out than the bottom. I looked at the instructions and they put spacers on the track mount and didn’t need them because they had put up a 1x4 to space it out so it’s flush with the casing.

I then saw the handle, it was mounted on the door where there is no internal support. In the instructions it says specifically where to mount the handle and they put it on the opposite side. So I was thinking the door needs to be flipped around and the handle mounted properly so it doesn’t get ripped off.

That brings me to today I looked up and found they tried to mount the slow close latches to the top of the door and I saw the screw holes on top of the inside of the door. So if it were to get flipped around there would be four holes that would have to be filled.

I called the Lowes install support and they contacted the installer for another work order. I told her I would like it if another crew came out because these guys didn’t know what the hell they were doing.

At this point in time I’m ready to return the damn door and start over. I can’t believe the incompetence of these so called professionals.
E43C79CA-8E40-475C-AD4C-4BF10D1E3972.jpeg
3DD7B58C-4005-4C30-873F-26190355903E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread