Current New Vehicle Market

IA Shelby

Established Member
More than I make. lol If I hadn't given my percentage, I would gladly share...but my grandfather always taught me you don't talk about the women you've been with or how much money you make.

lol, I hadn't updated my screen ticker.
Median is different than average. Hence why I asked. I was just curious. Not trying to decode your personal comp.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Every time I think the local RAM dealer has a lot of inventory, he adds more, LOL. I see RAM power promotions have returned also. I will say it looks like total discounts are similar to what I see on Ford and Chevy locally.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Honda sells a lot of really decent civics for $25K(ish). My kids grew up in a Ford family and are buying new Honda's as their first vehicle. They've seen Dad's Fords fall apart and fail too often, and no way they're paying $40-50K for a POS.

If Honda made an America centric V8 half-ton (maybe put an old 300 4-wheeler in the bed) they'd take a sizeable chunk of the domestic market.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Looks like all the localish Ford dealers have settled at $5,000 ADM on their Dark Horses. Plenty to choose from.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Almost 14k off hybrid XLT.

1698622697809.png

SHOdown220

Established Member
Honda sells a lot of really decent civics for $25K(ish). My kids grew up in a Ford family and are buying new Honda's as their first vehicle. They've seen Dad's Fords fall apart and fail too often, and no way they're paying $40-50K for a POS.

This is my 12th year working for Honda and I would say the civic being one of the cheapest options is by far one of the best vehicles they make and that has been true for decades. With the switch to R1234yf Freon they had some a/c issues but those have been remedied with warranty extensions. My wife’s 2015 civic cost us $18k new and ran 167,000 miles before being totaled. We had done fluids, 1 set of brake pads and tires in that time frame. Still original plugs even. Best car we’ve ever owned.

On a side note, the dealer said they are only allocated 5 manual civics per year, claims he could easily sell 50/50 but is restricted by the manufacturer. The demand for manuals is there in the younger generation, but supply is artificially restricted.

My son bought a manual. Good man, that one.

Although I’m in service and not sales, I don’t hear anyone complaint about the lack of manual vehicles on the lot. It’s rare I’ll come across a manual in the service drive and when I do our porters (young guys) don’t know to drive them and most of the young express techs don’t know how and don’t care to learn. They all drive autos except maybe 1 of them. The only manuals I see come through are older cars and si and type r models. Which is a shame because Honda makes a great manual when they do.

SHOdown220

Established Member
If Honda made an America centric V8 half-ton (maybe put an old 300 4-wheeler in the bed) they'd take a sizeable chunk of the domestic market.
Maybe, but I think it would still have a stigma like the ridgeline does. Unpopular opinion but that “truck” does all the truck stuff 75% of buyers actually need, especially in the midsize segment.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Maybe, but I think it would still have a stigma like the ridgeline does. Unpopular opinion but that “truck” does all the truck stuff 75% of buyers actually need, especially in the midsize segment.
I looked at Ridgelines and as you say, exactly the truck I need for what I use a truck for. However, I could never get around the looks of it. The cab to bed transition and the sunken in wheels kills it.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I looked at Ridgelines and as you say, exactly the truck I need for what I use a truck for. However, I could never get around the looks of it. The cab to bed transition and the sunken in wheels kills it.
Not to mention it serves as a rolling vagina dehydrator.....

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
On a side note, the dealer said they are only allocated 5 manual civics per year, claims he could easily sell 50/50 but is restricted by the manufacturer. The demand for manuals is there in the younger generation, but supply is artificially restricted.

@Relaxed Chaos
@SHOdown220
@13COBRA

If it's true, why?

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Those deals on XLTs are pretty healthy.

I haven’t seen a new F150 for more than 2-3k off in months.

If I had not just signed off on $55,000 in roofing, I’d consider selling our ‘15 to my dad and snagging a new one. Oh well.

SHOdown220

Established Member
The latest ones are….better? Still not what I would call an attractive vehicle. The optional hpd wheels go a long way but there isn’t any way to really get around that cab to bed transition with it not being a body on frame actual truck. I still think the trunk inside the bed is awesome lol

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Almost 14k off hybrid XLT.

View attachment 1815021

I'm not sure how bad it is around you, but around here in FL the dealers that offer a lot off MSRP tack it back on with dealer add ons and crazy dealer fees.

Looked at an Expedition in Tampa, 6-7k off. Only tacked on 4k+ in addons and fees.
And then lowballed the trade.

Maybe since there seems to be more F150's on the lots there truly are discounts to be had. Think today is the last day for the 2.9/3.9% from Ford for 23s

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I'm not sure how bad it is around you, but around here in FL the dealers that offer a lot off MSRP tack it back on with dealer add ons and crazy dealer fees.

Looked at an Expedition in Tampa, 6-7k off. Only tacked on 4k+ in addons and fees.
And then lowballed the trade.

Maybe since there seems to be more F150's on the lots there truly are discounts to be had. Think today is the last day for the 2.9/3.9% from Ford for 23s

You don't tend to see as much of that around here. The old big 3 really duke it out with pickup sales.

Users who are viewing this thread