Current New Vehicle Market

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm just surprised at the range of vehicles getting marked up.
Domestically:
Raptor, GT500, TRX, C8 etc... ok I get it.

But now SUVs like the Suburban/Yukons have ADMs. SRT Durangos south of me have 10k ADMs.

I get the supply is low, but I just don't get the actual demand to where someone pays 10k over for a fast Dodge SUV which isn't even the Hellcat variant

EVERYTHINGGGGGGG.

Escapes, Expeditions, Traverse...haha

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
I get the supply is low, but I just don't get the actual demand to where someone pays 10k over for a fast Dodge SUV which isn't even the Hellcat variant

Every person I personally know who purchased a new vehicle (normal everyday trucks, suv's) recently at msrp or a little over justified it by the amount they got on trade.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Gonna be a tough year boys. Prices will level and supply will increase. Take a peek at the stock market in recent weeks.

The Fed revised it's position of 2 rate hikes 2022 to 3 "and will adjust as needed" which means it could be more if inflationary trends are not brought back under control.

Hold your cash.. the time to buy is coming.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Every person I personally know who purchased a new vehicle (normal everyday trucks, suv's) recently at msrp or a little over justified it by the amount they got on trade.
That’s me. Getting $6k more for my trade. Had been tracking value for some time. New car is at msrp so feels like getting a little deal.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Been looking at Trinity GT500 prices, knowing what they were going for precovid has been holding me back on pulling the trigger.
GT500 prices are nuts, just like every other highly desired vehicle (F10 M5, Boss 302, Hellcat Challenger, Focus RS, etc).

Apparently Musk is predicting a crash mid 2022 starting as early as May. So maybe we'll see a drop soon.

EVERYTHINGGGGGGG.

Escapes, Expeditions, Traverse...haha
Theres a dealership in Oakland Toyota that was selling a rav for for $97k, it was literally the last new car on the lot. The cars gone when you go to their site, but this was back in December.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Been looking at Trinity GT500 prices, knowing what they were going for precovid has been holding me back on pulling the trigger.
GT500 prices are nuts, just like every other highly desired vehicle (F10 M5, Boss 302, Hellcat Challenger, Focus RS, etc).

Apparently Musk is predicting a crash mid 2022 starting as early as May. So maybe we'll see a drop soon.

Theres a dealership in Oakland Toyota that was selling a rav for for $97k, it was literally the last new car on the lot. The cars gone when you go to their site, but this was back in December.
I just wanna see low mileage gt350s back into the 40s again as it was pre 2020 for 16/17s… Would like a 2nd chance at them again.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I just wanna see low mileage gt350s back into the 40s again as it was pre 2020 for 16/17s… Would like a 2nd chance at them again.
Been hearing about the GT350 not being a good long term vehicle. Parts vibrate to shit apparently, but if you're only pumping and dumping probably not a bad idea to own.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Been hearing about the GT350 not being a good long term vehicle. Parts vibrate to shit apparently, but if you're only pumping and dumping probably not a bad idea to own.
Different strokes for different folks. I’d have no issue taking one with the track package and/or gen 2 apart of it. There meant to be beat on. It’s not a ultra rare car that can’t get wet. It’s definitely a drivers car.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Different strokes for different folks. I’d have no issue taking one with the track package and/or gen 2 apart of it. There meant to be beat on. It’s not a ultra rare car that can’t get wet. It’s definitely a drivers car.
I'd love to get one but want a little whine from factory so a GT500 is the route im going. Lots of choices tho, we're in a great time to be a car guy. Factory supercharged options from the big 3 and several choices too. Thanks to GM and Dodge we even have blown v8 suv's/trucks!

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member

For sure. But hurts the people who don't have a trade in.

At least around here. Maybe cause everything from cars to houses are in low supply most dealers aren't budging off adms.

Serious buyer, excellent credit, paid off truck to trade etc. Some dealers unwilling to deal even a little cause they know if I leave someone else will be right behind me.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Best looking modern mustang is the 13/14 Gt500 IMO.

The only thing that’s close in terms of looks is the gt350…

Tough choices

Mmmmmmm
yea I'm getting impatient. Theres a 65k mile 14 GT500 in Torrance for $45k, on Craigslist. Thought about flying down there to swoop it up. But looking closer at the pics it looks pretty rough. Like some parts you cannot fix without buying a new piece. If it was precovid price at something under 38k that would be a decent buy.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
This is a crazy market.
I seriously doubt I can keep my new ‘21 Jeep Trackhawk once the ‘22 GT500 on order arrives and still stay married.
I’ll try, but I’m wondering if I can still get more than I paid for the Trackhawk if I sell in 6-9mos? Paid MSRP on 12/31/21 with 4mi on it. I barely drive 1000miles/month but the local dealer I bought from made a point to remind me they’d love to buy it back if I sell :)
Lots of empty dealer lots still around here.
-J

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I debated ordering a Maverick since they are closing sales today, but I am holding out in the hope that I can get a hybrid one in the summer. Local dealers here are still putting stuff up front that would have gone straight to auction a year ago.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That news report was discussed, but not in this thread. Well, it's true in the sense that it's real news. The question seems to be how aggressive will Ford actually be with going after dealerships who add "large" markups. Ford is prepping for the push to sell EVs. Big markups can cut into sales.

mariusvt

Established Member
That news report was discussed, but not in this thread. Well, it's true in the sense that it's real news. The question seems to be how aggressive will Ford actually be with going after dealerships who add "large" markups. Ford is prepping for the push to sell EVs. Big markups can cut into sales.
And I feel like they were more talking about mark-up on the ev than the ice in inventory. If anything the markups might push people to ev when the price difference is less or not at all.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Gonna be a tough year boys. Prices will level and supply will increase. Take a peek at the stock market in recent weeks.

The Fed revised it's position of 2 rate hikes 2022 to 3 "and will adjust as needed" which means it could be more if inflationary trends are not brought back under control.

Hold your cash.. the time to buy is coming.
Keep it comming. I cant wait

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
And I feel like they were more talking about mark-up on the ev than the ice in inventory. If anything the markups might push people to ev when the price difference is less or not at all.
I agree, which is why is said "Ford is prepping for the push to sell EVs".

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I also strongly believe that the China/Taiwan situation might be critical to what happens through 2022 with the chips. IF China cuts off a big portion of chip exports, it would take quite some time for the U.S. to resume its own manufacturing of chips. We're MUCH too dependent on China manufacturing in general. Not good!

Users who are viewing this thread