Current New Vehicle Market

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Agreed. However, there’s a lot used higher mileage (non FI) GT for sale that some owners think are worth 5-8K more just because when in truth there over priced.

The problem is that the only Mustang on a car dealer's lot will be used. So, with no competition from new, the tide raises all boats, even the pigs.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Again who actually cares ? He got sued. Paid some money.. he’s more famous now and can buy any car he wants..

It sucks don’t get me wrong. But is what it is
Lol he was famous before and famous after. Hardly anyone even knows he got sued so thats completely a non factor.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
You guys see the prices of the 2022 Porsche GT3 cars?!?!!?!?
HOLY CRAPPPPPPP!!

150k - 200K over sticker!!!!!!!

You could probably get this one cheap.

Attachments

• 1413EDAF-76F6-4E70-8FC0-4576CE387D0A.jpeg
    1413EDAF-76F6-4E70-8FC0-4576CE387D0A.jpeg
    315.1 KB · Views: 82
  • C52711F8-956F-4037-8AE7-88098E067E63.jpeg
    C52711F8-956F-4037-8AE7-88098E067E63.jpeg
    297.2 KB · Views: 89

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
You guys see the prices of the 2022 Porsche GT3 cars?!?!!?!?
HOLY CRAPPPPPPP!!

150k - 200K over sticker!!!!!!!

I built a GT3 Touring on Porsche's website last night and was thinking, maybe in a couple years for my 50th. And then I went to Rennlist to see what people are paying for them and was like nope never gonna happen. Regular 911's are going for $10k to $50k over. That's retarded.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I wonder what this is all going to look like in 2-3 years if things settle down, how crazy under water people might be when in 2021 they bought a 2018 truck for 55k that had a 50k sticker when it was new in 2018.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I wonder what this is all going to look like in 2-3 years if things settle down, how crazy under water people might be when in 2021 they bought a 2018 truck for 55k that had a 50k sticker when it was new in 2018.

The closer we get to EV mandate time, sooner in the EU, the crazier prices will be for the last high performance gas coups.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I built a GT3 Touring on Porsche's website last night and was thinking, maybe in a couple years for my 50th. And then I went to Rennlist to see what people are paying for them and was like nope never gonna happen. Regular 911's are going for $10k to $50k over. That's retarded.
YUP! Big time.
(I turn 50 next month and am thinking of buying a new toy. Not sure if I am yet.)
Check out these prices of the 2022 GT3 cars,................

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
YUP! Big time.
(I turn 50 next month and am thinking of buying a new toy. Not sure if I am yet.)
Check out these prices of the 2022 GT3 cars,................

I don't want to look, it makes me sad. The older I get the more money I make and the toys I thought I could afford have kept increasing at a faster pace than my income.

The nice thing about buying a GT Porsche is they don't ever depreciate. Even the Turbo's drop in half before they stabilize. I might just pick up a '07-'08 6-spd Turbo with with the Mezger or keep what I have and get a 360 Spyder but it would have to be an F1 trans which is holding me back.

What else are you looking at?

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
LOL on 2022 GT3s starting at $161K.

And they literally have nothing in them at that. No heated seats, or leather, 4 speaker stereo. The one I built was $180k and it was pretty bare.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't want to look, it makes me sad. The older I get the more money I make and the toys I thought I could afford have kept increasing at a faster pace than my income.

The nice thing about buying a GT Porsche is they don't ever depreciate. Even the Turbo's drop in half before they stabilize. I might just pick up a '07-'08 6-spd Turbo with with the Mezger or keep what I have and get a 360 Spyder but it would have to be an F1 trans which is holding me back.

What else are you looking at?
Not really looking to purchase a Porsche GT3. I mean, I would order one in a ****ing heartbeat, if I could afford it!! LOL
I would already have a GT500 in the garage if I could have ordered one and/or if I could have ordered one at MSRP, or very close to MSRP. I thought a ordering a '22 Jailbreak Challenger as well.
Not sure what I'm going to do. I might just pay my car off this year and either mod it or throw some money into the bank whenever I can.
And you're right. It's sad what had happened to the pricing of everything. I wish I could find the posts, but I did say that we should appreciate what we have now because we probably won't be able to afford them in a few years. Very sad.

What new toys are you looking at?

robvas

Established Member
Yup. Or if the housing market crashes in some areas and people bought $400k houses that are suddenly worth $275k again

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Yup. Or if the housing market crashes in some areas and people bought $400k houses that are suddenly worth $275k again
Ohhh,.......I highly believe that those days are coming.
The ones that spent way more on a house or car are more than likely gonna be underwater. Just my educated guess.

Machdup1

Established Member
I was going to buy new this year, but nope, there is nothing I want that would make me pay over msrp, but I’m sure someone will be willing to buy those cars.

Demand is high and dealers are making great money off people who are willing to overpay. It is what it is and more power to them.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

TrueCar sees January new vehicles sales down 9% across the industry, prices reverse

TRUE +0.91%Now!
  • TrueCar (TRUE +0.9%) projects a 9% Y/Y decline in new vehicle industry sales that is estimated to reach 1M units in January. On month-on-month basis, the decline is estimated to be 17.5% from last month.
  • Used vehicle sales for the month are expected to reach 2.9M, down 9%.
  • Light vehicle sales decline 9% Y/Y to estimated 15.3M.
  • Fleet sales projected to be down 5.2% Y/Y and 11.3% sequentially.
  • Excluding fleet sales, TrueCar expects U.S. retail deliveries of new cars and light trucks to be 893,077 units, down 10% Y/Y and down 18.3% sequentially.
  • The average new vehicle price is to decline about 2% from December after running through a straight nine months of consecutive increases. The decline comes primarily due to slight recovery in supply.
  • "Last month we saw industry sales decline 25% year-over-year, this month we are expecting sales to be down 9%. We're cautiously optimistic due to the slight sales increase this month compared to the end of last year along with the small uptick in inventory, however the chip shortage will continue to affect the industry in 2022," says Valeri Tompkins, Senior Vice President of OEM Solutions at TrueCar.
  • The company expects industry's full year 2022 sales to reach 15.4M units.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
^^^ Slight recovery in supply? My ass.

It's worse now than it's been. Volume is down because of a complete lack of inventory and slow new vehicle deliveries from the factory due to holiday shutdowns and even more part and supply chain issues.

The inventory that is available is bringing absurd premiums. I can pick up the phone and sell every piece of new inventory I have at these prices, within 30 minutes. Keep in mind, most of these are for 2021s. The 2022s are bringing significantly more money.

1643299373183.png

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
LOL
That's "starting" price too Bob. Never mind adding the "goodies". LOL
I know. That's crazy and well above anything that I could afford. I do know a local guy who has an older GT3 (maybe a '16) that he had bought new. He's very wealthy!

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm just surprised at the range of vehicles getting marked up.
Domestically:
Raptor, GT500, TRX, C8 etc... ok I get it.

But now SUVs like the Suburban/Yukons have ADMs. SRT Durangos south of me have 10k ADMs.

I get the supply is low, but I just don't get the actual demand to where someone pays 10k over for a fast Dodge SUV which isn't even the Hellcat variant

Users who are viewing this thread