Concealed Carry in your Boss

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
In California it is illegal to have a secret compartment in your vehicle for the purpose of concealing a firearm or contraband. Second, Concealing a firearm in your vehicle or having a loaded firearm in your vehicle is illegal in most states including mine. Bigger question is: why do you need to be driving around armed? You guys living a Wyatt Earp fantasy or something? I can pretty much guarantee that I live and work in some of the worst neighborhoods in the United States and I definitely deal on an everyday basis with some of the most criminal and roughest customers in the U.S., including Mexican Mafia, Aryan brotherhood, Black Guerilla Family (They know where I live) and I have never found the need to carry a gun in my mustang. If you are on a mission to kill someone by all means take the gun. Otherwise, my suggestion is leave the gun at home. The life you save may be your own. Use a gun for killing. use your mind for security. You will be surprised how well that system works. BTW try to avoid the killing part. Prison isn't fun. I know.
:nonono:
I do believe you chose to live there, so don't take that out on us....and with that thinking please stay in CA!
Sheap & Wolves.
No dissrespect to you.....but I will keep my gun thanks!

Last edited:

DTL

Established Member
I live in CA. I have a CCW, as do most of my friends. Just depends on where in CA you live. The hippie parts are the only parts people tend to think of when they think CA. There are still plenty of good-ol-boys and real Sheriffs here.

Back on topic: If I'm only in the car for 10min. or so, I keep my weapon holstered on me. If it's going to be longer than that, or it's starting to bug me, I'll unholster and place beneath the driver's seat. I haven't had any problems doing it that way.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
In California it is illegal to have a secret compartment in your vehicle for the purpose of concealing a firearm or contraband. Second, Concealing a firearm in your vehicle or having a loaded firearm in your vehicle is illegal in most states including mine. Bigger question is: why do you need to be driving around armed? You guys living a Wyatt Earp fantasy or something? I can pretty much guarantee that I live and work in some of the worst neighborhoods in the United States and I definitely deal on an everyday basis with some of the most criminal and roughest customers in the U.S., including Mexican Mafia, Aryan brotherhood, Black Guerilla Family (They know where I live) and I have never found the need to carry a gun in my mustang. If you are on a mission to kill someone by all means take the gun. Otherwise, my suggestion is leave the gun at home. The life you save may be your own. Use a gun for killing. use your mind for security. You will be surprised how well that system works. BTW try to avoid the killing part. Prison isn't fun. I know.

wtf?

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member

I didn't know that owning a gun and using it for protection out of your house puts you on a "mission to kill someone."

Do you think that lowly of law-abiding gun owners? Since when does the possession of a gun, carried lawfully, automatically makes you guilty of something?

If you really think that people who own guns are out to kill everyone, that is sad.

Highway Star

Established Member
I didn't know that owning a gun and using it for protection out of your house puts you on a "mission to kill someone."

Do you think that lowly of law-abiding gun owners? Since when does the possession of a gun, carried lawfully, automatically makes you guilty of something?

If you really think that people who own guns are out to kill everyone, that is sad.

In 1957, Marine General David Shoup was appointed to command the Camp Pendleton Marine base. He had come to notice that many officers on the base had taken to carrying around swagger sticks as a result of their exposure to British officers who carried them as a sidearm. This was not an approved accessory of the United States Marines and the new Commander detested them as he had seen British Officers use them to abuse Chinese peasants. He was vexed by the problem of getting rid of these swagger sticks without alienating the officer core with one of his first acts as a Commander. In his first official memo to his command staff he ran down a laundry list of issues and at the end of the memo he inserted: ""if you see a need for the "swagger stick than by all means carry it". Virtually instantly all swagger sticks disappeared from Camp Pendleton.

Last edited:

nikk0

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member

Jroc

Established Member
Just be aware of your state laws as they tend to differ from state to state. In SC to carry in your vehicle and not on your person you have to carry it in a lockable compartment. Somehow glove boxes and center consoles with a lid classify as lockable compartments. If I'm not mistaken in NC to carry legally in your vehicle your weapon has to be out in the open where it can be seen which is the exact opposite of what it is in SC. If you're not sure I would defiantly look up your state laws on the matter.

I can tell you that a F150's glove box does a much better job of housing a full size pistol than a old Mudstains glove box as my G20SF will not allow one to latch shut.
2vtslrm.jpg

ndx06e.jpg

Last edited:

DTL

Established Member
Oddly enough, in CA a vehicle's glove box is specifically named as an illegal place to store a weapon. Doesn't matter if it's lockable or not. Like previously mentioned, know YOUR state's laws!!

jbs$

Established Member
In today's world there are too many people who are willing to use their larger size, younger age or larger numbers to take a possible lethal advantage of another. Many years ago it was said "God made man, Sam Colt made them equal", this is still true.
No person should have to be in fear of their personal safety, nor should that person cause another to unduly fear for theirs. I personally am a Southerner and like many others like me, am usually appropriately armed and I deal respectfully with others as if they are.

Highway Star

Established Member
Loaded gun in the car? Let me think about this. I can see where a woman might need a gun. A paraplegic perhaps. But I thought part of being a man meant not having to walk around so scared and timid that you need a lethal weapon to feel secure. That is what was cool about manhood for me. My nuts dropped. My voice got deeper. I got hair on my chest. And I didn't walk around scared of my own shadow. Manhood. I heartily recommend it.

Last edited:

jbs$

Established Member
Highway Star, could be that not all are blessed with you claimed physical strength, fighting prowess and vigorous youth.

Highway Star

Established Member
Highway Star, could be that not all are blessed with you claimed physical strength, fighting prowess and vigorous youth.
I have none of those things. I have what you all have. Common sense. And that common sense tells me not to drive around with a loaded gun in my car. Why it does not tell you the same thing baffles me.

Users who are viewing this thread