Concealed Carry in your Boss

jbs$

Established Member
Highway Star, I find your comments interesting, in your arms free Ca. world, there is a very high crime rate, both on persons and property crimes. Additionally, home invasions are not uncommon. Here in the "armed South" there is a lower crime rate and home invasions are rare. The reason is simple, a victim that may prove to be dangerous to the criminal, is not a victim.

Para81

Established Member
In California it is illegal to have a secret compartment in your vehicle for the purpose of concealing a firearm or contraband. Second, Concealing a firearm in your vehicle or having a loaded firearm in your vehicle is illegal in most states including mine. Bigger question is: why do you need to be driving around armed? You guys living a Wyatt Earp fantasy or something? I can pretty much guarantee that I live and work in some of the worst neighborhoods in the United States and I definitely deal on an everyday basis with some of the most criminal and roughest customers in the U.S., including Mexican Mafia, Aryan brotherhood, Black Guerilla Family (They know where I live) and I have never found the need to carry a gun in my mustang. If you are on a mission to kill someone by all means take the gun. Otherwise, my suggestion is leave the gun at home. The life you save may be your own. Use a gun for killing. use your mind for security. You will be surprised how well that system works. BTW try to avoid the killing part. Prison isn't fun. I know.

California dreamin'

Para81

Established Member
Loaded gun in the car? Let me think about this. I can see where a woman might need a gun. A paraplegic perhaps. But I thought part of being a man meant not having to walk around so scared and timid that you need a lethal weapon to feel secure. That is what was cool about manhood for me. My nuts dropped. My voice got deeper. I got hair on my chest. And I didn't walk around scared of my own shadow. Manhood. I heartily recommend it.

Haha that's cute. I just finished a 6 month tour in the Helmand Provence with the USMC. Weapons were needed and used. Even in a great country like the USA there are evil people all around. Don't let your ego get you killed.

Highway Star

Established Member
Haha that's cute. I just finished a 6 month tour in the Helmand Provence with the USMC. Weapons were needed and used. Even in a great country like the USA there are evil people all around. Don't let your ego get you killed.

I am concerned about you the most actually. You are not at war anymore.

Highway Star, I find your comments interesting, in your arms free Ca. world, there is a very high crime rate, both on persons and property crimes. Additionally, home invasions are not uncommon. Here in the "armed South" there is a lower crime rate and home invasions are rare. The reason is simple, a victim that may prove to be dangerous to the criminal, is not a victim.

Every state is different and has different circumstances. Crime is not high everywhere in Califonia. Just where I work and trust me there is no shortage of people driving around with loaded guns in their cars. I am sure we have many more than you. I believe California produces more cheap firearms than any other state in the union. If you do a basic and fair minded cost benefit analysis I think the conclusion would be to leave the loaded gun at home. The circumstances of one thwarting a crime with a loaded gun in their car is few and far between. I have not run into one circumstance in my life where a gun in my car would have done me any good at all. Generally, a criminal predator, will get the drop on you and if he doesn't, you are better off just giving him your car than getting in a shootout in a public place. Get Lojack if you are worried about your car being taken. Yes, there are occasions where an armed private citizen thwarts a crime which is about 1/10th as many times as an armed private citizen shoots himself accidentally or shoots someone else without justification. I don't think guns are inherently bad or that people shouldn't own them, but it is disturbing to me to see a bunch of people that have not been vetted by anybody for criminal records, temperament or sanity, discuss on a public car forum how to conceal a loaded gun in their vehicle. An act which is blatantly illegal in my and many states and for good reason. If people were discussing how to build a Mustang mobile meth lab I would say something as well. Unfortunately, I see many gunshot wounds and I do not want to see anybody get hurt. Everyone here is an adult and makes their own decisions regardles of what some "Left Coast Guy" has to say. But even if you have the right to carry a loaded firearm in public, is it the right thing to do? I am willing to bet that not one of the people contemplating a concealed loaded weapon in their vehicle has any demonstrable need for one. And to drive around with a gun as a posse of one does not make much sense to me. Your friends are the ones that tell you what you don't want to hear. I have seen some bad scenes where people were prosecuted for using their guns despite having complete justification for doing so. One of them was a fairly well known pro stock drag racer. Nobody can blame me for caring enough about you guys to try to point you in a different direction. Whatever you do, make sure you are legal. Guys in cars like ours get an inordinate amount of attention from the police. I am not the enemy. I am a friend with a legitimate different opinion on this issue. And that is: A smart man does not drive around with a loaded gun unless there is a demonstrable legitimate need for one (i.e. you are receiving death threats, transport large amounts of money, etc . . .) We don't live in Iraq. The paranoia of some middle class white guy being a helpless victim of violent street crime is unjustified. :shrug:

Highway Star

Established Member
GunVault NanoVault 100 Gun Safe*|*Meijer.com

This what I use when I need to secure my firearm when unable to carry. Cheap but effective. Not sure of all states but google castle doctrine....your car is an extension of home...you do not need a CCW to arm yourself in your vehicle. But check your local law first!

Let me correct you on that. Your house is not an extension of your home. You have much fewer rights in your car. For instance a police officer can search your car on probable cause or incident to arrest. The police need a warrant signed by a judge to search your home.

SVTPete83

Established Member
You are not to imformed when it comes to your states laws buddy. I have been carrying a loaded concealed weapon legally in california for years. Its called a ccw permit. Look into it. Over 12000 people in my county were issued them in the last 2 years alone. Dont sit here and preach about your common sense and wordly views when you dont even have the slightest clue about the laws you think you know. In my eyes your arguements hold zero credibility. How bout you spend ten minutes to google the laws of California and ccw permit holders then come back and have a discussion with the big kids?

Now to the op. Glove box imo is not a good option. Too far of a reach in my f150 for my liking. Its either on my hip, or door cup holder or center console for long trips. Often times I have one on my hip and in the console. Just depends where I am going. And btw. I have been ccwing for over 10 years since I was 23 and have never killed anyone like highway idiot states I am out to do. Truth is I hope I never need to use my weapon. I just dont want to be put in a situation where I wished I had had one...

jbs$

Established Member
Highway Star, to your point "people who have not been vetted for criminal records". One; the people that I know all have concealed carry permits, a criminal background records check is part of the process of obtaining the permit. Two; it is a felony for a convicted criminal to be in the poossession of a firearm. If caught, it is an almost automatic trip back to jail. Only the most reckless of excons run this risk. There are, unfortunally for the rest of us, those criminals who do not fear the law or jail. Third; your are correct about our cars drawing police attention. When that happens I want to be sure that I have all required documents and permits in hand.

neatofrito1618

Established Member
Don't see anything wrong carrying if it gives someone peace of mind, I'm personally considering getting something more compact than my .40 for my center consol.

With that said, some of you thinking that you're better off trying to draw on someone with a gun in your face are ridiculous. Moreover, 99+% of those that claim they would do so would never have the balls to follow through with such an idiotic act in a real world scenario. Some of you guys really need to lay off the Jason Statham movies.

Highway Star

Established Member
You are not to imformed when it comes to your states laws buddy. I have been carrying a loaded concealed weapon legally in california for years. Its called a ccw permit. Look into it. Over 12000 people in my county were issued them in the last 2 years alone. Dont sit here and preach about your common sense and wordly views when you dont even have the slightest clue about the laws you think you know. In my eyes your arguements hold zero credibility. How bout you spend ten minutes to google the laws of California and ccw permit holders then come back and have a discussion with the big kids?

Now to the op. Glove box imo is not a good option. Too far of a reach in my f150 for my liking. Its either on my hip, or door cup holder or center console for long trips. Often times I have one on my hip and in the console. Just depends where I am going. And btw. I have been ccwing for over 10 years since I was 23 and have never killed anyone like highway idiot states I am out to do. Truth is I hope I never need to use my weapon. I just dont want to be put in a situation where I wished I had had one...

Often wrong but seldom in doubt I see. I have enough of a clue about the laws in my state to pass the Bar Exam the first time I took it.. I have enough of a clue about the laws in my state to have defended self righteous gun loving guys just like yourself who got a little too angry after a bar fight, or a little too enraged on the road and used the weapon in their car to gun somebody down. You have a concealed weapons permit because you live in a yahoo county in Northern California where nobody lives. And by definition, a concealed weapons permit allows you to conceal a weapon. Not so easy to get a concealed weapons permit in the civilized part of California. The part where people want to live. It is virtually impossible to get one in Los Angeles or San Francisco or any big city anymore unless you can demonstrate a threat on your life. And why do you need to carry a concealed weapon for in Chico? Are you afraid a cow is going to attack and rape you? Becaue that is pretty much all that is out there. That and a bunch of dope smoking hippies which are less of a threat than the cow. So you have a concealed weapons permit. Good for you. Does not make you wise though. Just armed.

jbs$

Established Member
Part of the mind set of being prepared is staying out of conditions , circumstances and neighborhoods that are high potential for problems. The fastest way to lose a CCW and have legal problem of your own, is to draw your weapon without just cause. Understanding what a just cause is, is part of the training required for the lic..

Highway Star

Established Member
Also, you referred to me as "Highway Idiot." Now this is not something you are supposed to do on these forums. There are some basic rules and you just violated one. You disrespected me specifically. Of course it is easy to be brave on the internet. Now, if you said that to my face I would whip your ass for it. So the question then becomes would you be a man and fight it out or would you go to your hip holster. My bet is that the reason you have the gun is that without it you are a little man who calls people idiot on the internet.

2Boss4U

Established Member
Ok honestly this is getting a bit ridiculous, the topic at hand has nothing to do with gun control, gun rights, or everyone's opinion on the subject. If you have a problem with the 2nd amendment then take it somewhere else...just looking for any ideas on a good location to conceal my "firearm", which is not a "weapon" lets not get that mixed up.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Living in the Detroit area, car-jackings are a frequent happening. Having a gun for protection is good insurance, though never having to use it is preferable to harming someone.
It is legal to have a gun in ur vehicle in Michigan provided u have a concealed weapon license.
Strangely it is legal to open carry a gun for most everyone without a license!

I do not have a ccw but when I bought my desert eagle the guy said i could put a sling on it and carry it around in public :dw:

jbs$

Established Member
Highway Star, question, did any of your gun case client have a ccw, or, were they felons to start with? In most of the States where I travel, it is illegal to carry a weapon into a bar. I personally have never read of a person with a ccw starting a road rage gun fight. Could you provide more info. on such a case, if it happened? Lastly, if you are defending people who pay no attention to CA.'s many gun laws, what value are they?

Highway Star

Established Member
Highway Star, question, did any of your gun case client have a ccw, or, were they felons to start with? In most of the States where I travel, it is illegal to carry a weapon into a bar. I personally have never read of a person with a ccw starting a road rage gun fight. Could you provide more info. on such a case, if it happened? Lastly, if you are defending people who pay no attention to CA.'s many gun laws, what value are they?

If you have a ccw then you can do whatever you want. I am not debating that. Where I live they do not hand them out. I have defended several people for gun violence. In fact, I specialize in it. One example I can talk about because my client is dead is Michael Shinkman, a mechanic for the LAPD. He would drive over the mountains into Los Angeles to go to work. He was an excessively fearful and paranoid person. One day on his way to work on Angeles Crest Highway he got into a driving dispute with Noel Milovic, a Corvette owner. Both cars came to a stop in the middle of the road and Shinkman took his gun out of the glove box and from a distance of about twenty yards fired several times at Milovic who was still in his car. One bullet pierced the side of Milovics face and took out his right eye. He slumped over the wheel and his Vette rolled over a 300 ft embankment. Unbelievably, Milovic lived and climbed up to the road and was picked up by a passing motorist. Shinkman had no previous criminal record or official history of mental disease. If he lived in Chico he could have easily gotten a CCW. I recently defended a pro stock drag racer who righteously shot his daughter's boyfriend who beat her up and was fixing to do the same thing to the old man. The County D.A prosecuted him for manslaughter after he was initially charged with murder. He had no previous criminal record.. I ended up winning both case. One case was righteous and one was not, but nevertheless the D.A. prosecuted both. That is why I say leave the gun at home. Not to bust people's balls or debate the second amendment, but because most people have no clue of the devastating consequence there are to even the righteous use of a gun. The best thing is to be smart and avoid situations and areas that could be dangerous and leave the gun at home where your right to use it is more clearly defined.

Last edited:

jbs$

Established Member
Highway Star, thanks for the additional info.. In the cases cited, the two shooters could have benefitted from ccw training. The second guy certainly would know that he might get away with shooting the boyfriend, if he did it while stopping the attack on the daughter. However, to go hunting for the guy later is not permitted. The first guy was most likely a little crazy to start with, this was not the act of a rational person.

Highway Star

Established Member
Highway Star, thanks for the additional info.. In the cases cited, the two shooters could have benefitted from ccw training. The second guy certainly would know that he might get away with shooting the boyfriend, if he did it while stopping the attack on the daughter. However, to go hunting for the guy later is not permitted. The first guy was most likely a little crazy to start with, this was not the act of a rational person.

I think you are right all the way around. One's right to use a gun outside of your home is very ill defined and subject to a myriad of different interpretations. Which is one of the primary reason that I don't think it is such a good idea to carry a concealed weapon. Look at the case of George Zimmerman in Florida. To my mind he had a pretty clear case of self defense. Nevertheless, he will be prosecuted to the fullest extent that the law allows. He is in jail as we speak. Who knows what will happen to him. Stricter CCW screening and training is absolutely necessary. People must be smart enough to understand what the law allows and have enough character and correct temperament to act accordingly. Because unfortunately, just having a clean criminal record as Mr. Shinkman had, is not enough to entrust someone with the right to carry a concealed firearm. I am not against responsible people carrying. I would just like some certification that the person is responsible beyond not having a criminal record. I can not be assured that everyone who would take the potentially illegal advice in this forum is a responsible trained legal CCW like yourself or a person like Mr. Shinkman, a law abiding man, but obviously not someone who we should permit to have loaded gun in his vehicle.

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
Let me correct you on that. Your house is not an extension of your home. You have much fewer rights in your car. For instance a police officer can search your car on probable cause or incident to arrest. The police need a warrant signed by a judge to search your home.

A little different here in Texas, you need no permit license or anything to carry a gun in your vehicle. They ruled it is an extension of your home there for falling under the castle doctrine... Keep your liberal left wing ideas to yourself.

To the OP, I don't have a boss but in my car if its not on my hip I have a small galco holster that clips under the wheel Ike the pic on page 1. Easy to get to and quick to draw.

Highway Star

Established Member
A little different here in Texas, you need no permit license or anything to carry a gun in your vehicle. They ruled it is an extension of your home there for falling under the castle doctrine... Keep your liberal left wing ideas to yourself.

To the OP, I don't have a boss but in my car if its not on my hip I have a small galco holster that clips under the wheel Ike the pic on page 1. Easy to get to and quick to draw.

Hey guess what, you're not in Texas anymore. I can say whatever I want to say. I live in the United States. And as for the law, you don't know what you are talking about. The Supremacy clause of the Constitution says federal law is supreme over state law. Your right of privacy in your car is governed by the Constitution of the United States as interpreted by the Supreme Court of the United States. Get an education before you spout law. If Texas lets you carry a gun in your asshole that is up to Texas. But as to your right of privacy in your vehicle, a Texas State Trooper will search your car in a heartbeat and without a warrant. :banana:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread