Concealed Carry in your Boss

SVTPete83

Established Member
This is a car forum. Not a forum for needle dick right wing tea partyers who are concealing guns in their cars like criminals.

Once again please enlighten me with your awesome knowledge and tell me how concealing a gun in my car makes me a criminal.

DTL

Established Member
LMAO at liberal hippies like "Highway Star". While most of us are happy to share our views and respect the views of others, Liberal assholes like that feel driven to ram their views down everyone's throat. That must be a hard way to go through life.

Highway Star

Established Member
Gentlemen. I owe you all an apology. I reviewed my posts and they were inappropriate. I did not mean to hijack the thread but hijack it I did. I should not have shared my views about carrying a loaded weapon on this thread. Nor should I have provocatively invited argument. I did not start out with the intention to lecture anybody, but I did. You all got my dander up when you called me a liberal. I should have exercised more discipline. Everyone of you is an adult and capable of making your own decisions. It is not for me to tell anybody anything about this issue. Please accept my apology. I was wrong. Please carry on with your conversation. I have no dog in this fight because there is no fight.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Gentlemen. I owe you all an apology. I reviewed my posts and they were inappropriate. I did not mean to hijack the thread but hijack it I did. I should not have shared my views about carrying a loaded weapon on this thread. Nor should I have provocatively invited argument. I did not start out with the intention to lecture anybody, but I did. You all got my dander up when you called me a liberal. I should have exercised more discipline. Everyone of you is an adult and capable of making your own decisions. It is not for me to tell anybody anything about this issue. Please accept my apology. I was wrong. Please carry on with your conversation. I have no dog in this fight because there is no fight.

Thank you.:thumbsup:

oneslo5.0

Established Member
In California it is illegal to have a secret compartment in your vehicle for the purpose of concealing a firearm or contraband. Second, Concealing a firearm in your vehicle or having a loaded firearm in your vehicle is illegal in most states including mine. Bigger question is: why do you need to be driving around armed? You guys living a Wyatt Earp fantasy or something? I can pretty much guarantee that I live and work in some of the worst neighborhoods in the United States and I definitely deal on an everyday basis with some of the most criminal and roughest customers in the U.S., including Mexican Mafia, Aryan brotherhood, Black Guerilla Family (They know where I live) and I have never found the need to carry a gun in my mustang. If you are on a mission to kill someone by all means take the gun. Otherwise, my suggestion is leave the gun at home. The life you save may be your own. Use a gun for killing. use your mind for security. You will be surprised how well that system works. BTW try to avoid the killing part. Prison isn't fun. I know.
I highlighted the part of your statement when I stopped paying attention.

OP, I wear mine on my person. If I run and drop something in a mail box, atm, pick up dinner, pump gas or something along those lines that I will be back in the car in under 60 seconds I wouldn't want to switch from car to person, or worse...forget it.

DA BOSS 13

Established Member
Highway Star, thank you for showing who you really are. It is very easy to become overly passionate about your beliefs. The challenge in life is to be who we are, and not the summation of our beliefs, profession, or education.

I find life is filled with irony, I grew up 15 miles from Newtown CT, and grew up in a non-gun family. If it weren't for a friend's father who taught me to shoot as a boy, explained firearm safety and a philosophy of prudent use and storage, I wouldn't be involved in this conversation. Carrying a firearm is a personal choice (if permitted by law), and is an incredible responsibility, not to be taken lightly. I firmly believe the people here represent responsible owners. I believe it is the last option available to save one's own or a loved one's life.

Highway Star

Established Member
Sometimes you get in the heat of something and you start thinking everyone else is the asshole but then you take a step back and realize your the flexing sphincter. This was one of those times. There are a lot of positive things about gun ownership and no one should have to be a victim. I unnecessarily provoked people in a misguided effort to be cute and then my ego took over completely. My mistake. I love cars as do you all. I am an adult as you all are and I should have done better job acting like one. I apologize to those I insulted. It will not happen again.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
Sometimes you get in the heat of something and you start thinking everyone else is the asshole but then you take a step back and realize your the flexing sphincter. This was one of those times. There are a lot of positive things about gun ownership and no one should have to be a victim. I unnecessarily provoked people in a misguided effort to be cute and then my ego took over completely. My mistake. I love cars as do you all. I am an adult as you all are and I should have done better job acting like one. I apologize to those I insulted. It will not happen again.

:beer::beer::beer:

Djstorm100

Established Member
I don't keep it on my person while driving. I had a instance where I needed to get to it but couldn't while being unnoticed. Now if I'm in my truck I keep it right in front of the seat bucket so I need it I can grab it. In the mustang I'm still having a hard time finding a place. I honestly though about putting holster in between the seats like on my truck and since I'm the only one driving it I don't see the leather getting fubar up. Still trying new locations

I carry not because I want to, not because I have to but because if someone/people make me choose my life/family/friends or theirs. Well I'm going to choose me/family/friends everyday. I have notice that it takes more to get me mag. It's a privilege and I value it everyday.

cbj5259

Established Member
I've found that keeping a sidearm on my hip with the recaros is a little uncomfortable. I'm not a shoulder holster or ankle holster person either. What I've found is best is to just change the firearm I carry when in the Boss. Now I carry a Kel-Tec P3AT in a pocket holster and its very comfortable. I know...a .380 isn't a .45 by a long stretch, but its better than nothing.

I don't carry to feel like a big man...I carry because I have too. After 14 years in law enforcement, I've made some enemies and I have had the unfortunate problem of having a few past "customers" show up at my house and follow me in the past. My family is why I do it.

Sent from my sharona

Last edited:

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
Not in a boss but in a 13 GT and I keep my carry gun in well let's see, my holster riding at 3 o'clock on my hip. I don't have recaros but have spent a fair amount of time in them because a friend has one. If I couldn't keep it in my belt or when I'm taking a long drive and am STAYING in the car I may take the holster out and put it between the seat and the center console on the passenger side. I normally keep a beanie or something like that in the car due to my short hair and my head gets cold in the winter and i'll throw that on top of the gun.

Last edited:

DA BOSS 13

Established Member
I've found that keeping a sidearm on my hip with the recaros is a little uncomfortable. I'm not a shoulder holster or ankle holster person either. What I've found is best is to just change the firearm I carry when in the Boss. Now I carry a Kel-Tec P3AT in a pocket holster and its very comfortable. I know...a .380 isn't a .45 by a long stretch, but its better than nothing.

I don't carry to feel like a big man...I carry because I have too. After 14 years in law enforcement, I've made some enemies and I have had the unfortunate problem of having a few past "customers" show up at my house and follow me in the past. My family is why I do it.

Sent from my sharona

Be careful trusting that Kel Tec, had one brand new out of the box, was breaking it in, after the third round through it the magazine catch wouldn't hold and the mag would drop from the bottom of the gun rendering it un-firable. The magazine catch was PLASTIC, Kel Tec sent a new one, I repaired the gun, and immediately sold it.

I carry a 1957 Colt Cobra 38 special snubbie now in my pocket, the gun has an aluminum frame, very light, very small, and 38 special hollow points get it done. My oldest son, a VA trooper carries a similar gun, a 1958 Colt Detective Special, in a ankle holster as his backup on duty. The Detective Special is steel, yet very light as well.

CruuzRR

Established Member
I've seen a lot of road rage while in Cali. Funny thing is I haven't seen any here in Texas, wonder why?
I do like my Ruger LCP as far as CCH gun and the poly public defender for the glove box. ;-). Not to many good places to stash one in the GT, and the console is not very accessible in a pinch.

Not sure how to post a video but for a laugh YouTube "hillbillies mess with wrong guy"

Last edited:

Brewmaster

Established Member
I've seen a lot of road rage while in Cali. Funny thing is I haven't seen any here in Texas, wonder why?
I do like my Ruger LCP as far as CCH gun and the poly public defender for the glove box. ;-). Not to many good places to stash one in the GT, and the console is not very accessible in a pinch.

Not sure how to post a video but for a laugh YouTube "hillbillies mess with wrong guy"

Just saw that video and it is a funny one. I also pack the LCP Ruger. Although only a six shot .380 it can probably change someone's attitude if necessary. It is easy to fit in small places or an inside pocket.

Users who are viewing this thread