Concealed Carry in your Boss

2Boss4U

Established Member
Looking at doing so, just wondering if anyone else does, and if so where do they prefer to keep their concealed firearm. Has anyone built any custom holsters or mounts under their Recaro seats or anywhere for that matter? Would love any pics or ideas on where a good spot to keep mine would be, thanks!

kingnut

Established Member
I dont see to many people posting up their concealed hiding spots. Due to thieves and what not. Also it depends on what you are concealing (full size, subcompact,sawed off shotgun). There isnt alot of quick accessible spots that i can see in the 5.0. Also welcome. I live in the fay/so pines area.

DA BOSS 13

Established Member
Mine is concealed on my person, Galco Miami Classic shoulder rig, Colt Delta Elite 10mm, it makes a statement, just like my BOSS.

ECRUZ0884

Established Member
I just place it on the rear seat or floor behind the passenger seat when i drive. If i get off i carry it with me.

FKing1

Established Member
It is better to keep the weapon on ur person. If someone tries to carjack u it cold be a problem trying to get the gun while exiting the Boss.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Here is an under dash model.

http://www.gumcreekcustoms.com/Vehicle-Handgun-Mount-p8.html

Below is a 2010 Mustang example

Ford_Mustand_2010_2.jpg

Last edited:

2Boss4U

Established Member
I don't see to many people posting up their concealed hiding spots. Due to thieves and what not. Also it depends on what you are concealing (full size, subcompact,sawed off shotgun). There isnt alot of quick accessible spots that i can see in the 5.0. Also welcome. I live in the fay/so pines area.
Thanks! Being from the area you can see why I asked the question lol, the area can be shady at times to say the least. But a generalized location is good, with the glove compartment and the center console being as tiny as it is its hard to even find room for a compact.

Mine is concealed on my person, Galco Miami Classic shoulder rig, Colt Delta Elite 10mm, it makes a statement, just like my BOSS.
It is better to keep the weapon on ur person. If someone tries to carjack u it cold be a problem trying to get the gun while exiting the Boss.

I complete agree with both statements! But being as i like to keep mine on my hip or on back side it becomes a problem when sitting in the car. I love the shoulder rigs, they are great for the winter when you can throw a jacket over it to conceal the weapon, but in the summer its not my ideal preference.

I actually like that setup, but definitely in a different location. Seems like it would get in the way...

Last edited:

torkey

Established Member
Galco Ankle glove? lol Would be easier to get to than a waistband setup I would think. Just pull your leg up a little bit and grab and go

Highway Star

Established Member
In California it is illegal to have a secret compartment in your vehicle for the purpose of concealing a firearm or contraband. Second, Concealing a firearm in your vehicle or having a loaded firearm in your vehicle is illegal in most states including mine. Bigger question is: why do you need to be driving around armed? You guys living a Wyatt Earp fantasy or something? I can pretty much guarantee that I live and work in some of the worst neighborhoods in the United States and I definitely deal on an everyday basis with some of the most criminal and roughest customers in the U.S., including Mexican Mafia, Aryan brotherhood, Black Guerilla Family (They know where I live) and I have never found the need to carry a gun in my mustang. If you are on a mission to kill someone by all means take the gun. Otherwise, my suggestion is leave the gun at home. The life you save may be your own. Use a gun for killing. use your mind for security. You will be surprised how well that system works. BTW try to avoid the killing part. Prison isn't fun. I know.

DA BOSS 13

Established Member
In California it is illegal to have a secret compartment in your vehicle for the purpose of concealing a firearm or contraband. Second, Concealing a firearm in your vehicle or having a loaded firearm in your vehicle is illegal in most states including mine. Bigger question is: why do you need to be driving around armed? You guys living a Wyatt Earp fantasy or something? I can pretty much guarantee that I live and work in some of the worst neighborhoods in the United States and I definitely deal on an everyday basis with some of the most criminal and roughest customers in the U.S., including Mexican Mafia, Aryan brotherhood, Black Guerilla Family (They know where I live) and I have never found the need to carry a gun in my mustang. If you are on a mission to kill someone by all means take the gun. Otherwise, my suggestion is leave the gun at home. The life you save may be your own. Use a gun for killing. use your mind for security. You will be surprised how well that system works. BTW try to avoid the killing part. Prison isn't fun. I know.

Here in the Free World we can conceal carry, in VA it is relatively easy to obtain if you have a clean record and have proof you can handle a firearm. In fact, we can open carry, you can technically put a pistol on your dash. In our culture, we don't make a fuss about guns, they are a tool. People carry everywhere they legally can, openly in many cases. I don't carry all the time, only in high risk areas. I'd rather be prepared than not, in my opinion, you are gambling with a shot at saving your life.

Two of my sons are State Troopers, and they both agree that it is impossible for them to protect a citizen, most times they intervene AFTER the fact. They agree, personal protection is your best chance. Funny, I feel the I'm more a target driving my BOSS, there are times when I can feel the eyes on me like a piece of meat in front of a pride of lions. It's an attractive and desirable car, and I'm sure very marketable in parts. Just a bit of advice, don't come after me or my car, I don't make a good victim. Thank God my state lets ME choose to protect myself!

BTW, this video is a hoot, but it's point is right on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF0YnLNRfU0

BTW, in warm weather I carry my '57 Colt Cobra 38 special revolver in the console. Like my old Corvette, the seats in this car are easy to damage with anything on your hip. I now have to remove my belt key ring, I scratched my seat belt buckle.

Last edited:

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member

so by carrying it means i'm on a mission to kill? logic is sound. this shouldn't turn into a gun debate it was a simple question.

kbroush

Established Member
Actually the majority of states let you carry a concealed weapon in your vehicle. I thought about getting a holster like the one shown above under the dash.

FKing1

Established Member
Living in the Detroit area, car-jackings are a frequent happening. Having a gun for protection is good insurance, though never having to use it is preferable to harming someone.
It is legal to have a gun in ur vehicle in Michigan provided u have a concealed weapon license.
Strangely it is legal to open carry a gun for most everyone without a license!

2Boss4U

Established Member
I know gun control in the states is overwhelmingly a touchy subject right now due to the recent events. The good thing about the US is everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I strongly support everyone and their own ideals BUT I do not want this to lead to another gun debate. Now all that aside, I DO like everyone's input and ideas thus far, have really given me some great ideas!

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member

Universal Vehicle Handgun Holster Mount - Steering Wheel Column Application

Below is a 2010 Mustang example

Ford_Mustand_2010_2.jpg

i like the concept but i think that would be in my way. might have to look into it.

Thanks! Being from the area you can see why I asked the question lol, the area can be shady at times to say the least.

fayettenam can be a ****ed up place at times and places. its best to keep a pistol on you at all times.

Boss949

Established Member
IWB IDF Holster for Glock 19/26.

Looking at ordering the Gumcreek for Steering Wheel. My son-in-law just purchased one and it works good.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've seen a holster-type arrangement in a 2010+ Mustang, it was connected to the center console on the passenger side. It seemed like a long reach looking at it, but when I sat in the driver's seat and actually tried it, it wasn't bad. But I guess that depends on how often you have a passenger.

legos_mustang

Established Member
What I was trying to say was that in AZ you don't need any type of permit to carry a concealed weapon. I thought the previous law that required a class and training was quite a bit better.

Last edited:

StreetStrip03

Established Member

California huh?

Sorry to hear that.

Users who are viewing this thread