Cobra Jet manifold reworking

twistedneck

Established Member
just got my custom 4.5" Cobra jet CAI from Drew (01bluesnake).. its a work of art. I'll be insulating the bare aluminum segment.

Drew CJ.jpg

Drew CJ1.jpg

ford20

Established Member
This cold air thing on this is getting rather old... I am so confused I don't know stand from sit...

I have a 12 boss and I ordered the SCJ parts from Tousley Ford... Great buy on everything... I went the SCJ mono blade and a set of 47# injectors to run E-85... The FRPP CAI is on back order until very late November...
My car is a DD, well sometimes, when the weathers nice. I live in Denver so not for the next 6 months, anyway, I was wanting to go with the size of the JLT CAI because of its 110mm MAF after two reasons, 123mm MAF is stupid expensive, no tube to mate to throttle body to be found anywhere and driveability issues, ok three reasons.
So back to JLT MAF of 110... has anyone tried this MAF with a different connector to the throttle body? the 2010 doesn't look like it connects well, swedging is needed to make fit.

I have called Steeda, Airaid and JLT to see if any of them are making a CAI for this and the closest I got was from Steeda where they make an adaptor to go from the end of the Boss CAI to the SCJ TB... That end on the Boss CAI is like 92mm, major up swedging going on to make it work.

PBH looks like their throttle body end needs swedging as well.

I really do not want to destroy two great works of art by combining the JLT for MAF and the FRPP CAI for the tube to mate to TB...

I see in this thread we have some great craftsmanship in building a few.

Am I all wrong on the size issue?... I mean, what tube are they running on the N/A SCJ cars using this intake? Some custom tube?

The one that you quoted above is the intake setup that is run on the Cobra Jet cars and it isn't available for sale. It is a 5" Aluminum tube that is run into the 123 MAF. I would wait for the FRPP CAI to come out as it seems to be a pretty good design and in testing seems to work out pretty well. The JLT 110mm or the C&L Racer are going to give you the most amount of air while keeping with a 3V intake tube but I just prefer the FRPP unit even if it is 9mm smaller MAF size.

ford20

Established Member
That was the 6.76 run. Car is moving out for sure but I haven't seen any more updates yet and I try not to bother him to much. I hate being a pest to people :/

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
Last part price quoted by Tousley Ford
Plus Shipping
Super Cobra Jet Intake
M-9424-M50CJ
$682

Super Cobra Jet Intake CAI... On back order, last ETA, November 27th
M-9603-M50CJ
$269

Super Cobra Jet Mono Blade Oval Throttle Body
M-9926-SCJ
$525

FRPP 47# fuel injectors
M-9593-LU47
$263

Last edited:

Yagermeister

Established Member
Plus Shipping
Super Cobra Jet Intake
M-9424-M50CJ
$682

M-9603-M50CJ
$269

M-9926-SCJ
$525

FRPP 47# fuel injectors
M-9593-LU47
$263

Get a new quote from Steve @ Tasca since he moved over from Tousley ;)

:dancenana:

Steve@Tasca

Plus Shipping
Super Cobra Jet Intake
M-9424-M50CJ
$682

M-9603-M50CJ
$269

M-9926-SCJ
$525

FRPP 47# fuel injectors
M-9593-LU47
$263

Tasca pricing after the "SVTP" 5% off coupon,

M-9424-M50CJ $653.13
M-9603-M50CJ $235.12
M-9926-SCJ $527.25 but will match or beat anyone.
M-9593-LU47 $261.25

Anyone interested please contact me here. :thumbsup:

Get a new quote from Steve @ Tasca since he moved over from Tousley ;)

:dancenana:

Thanks Brent. I appreciate the support :beer:

-Steve

EJR

Established Member
For those of you guys interested... it looks like ill be testing out Drews 4.5" and Rev Autos 5" air intake back to back on the dyno. To see the difference between the sizes...if any.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
As soon as this whole air intake mystery is solved…I'm doing this. Thanks to all you guys contributing to this. Sucks that the manifold has to be cleaned up, but the graph posted earlier in the thread shows its definitely worth the effort.

Question: Is the general consensus that the SCJ Mono-blade TB is best?

Last edited:

goat-ee

Established Member
I want this, but wondering if it's worth it with my mods...

Auto. GT500 AB, Jegs cat deletes, AED tuned, JLT intake, 12' FRPP GT500 wheels.

I would certainly spend the bucks, but on the other hand I don't like just throwing money away if the HP isn't there. If you do it right these are the parts needed right? Super Cobra Jet Intake M-9424-M50CJ, Super Cobra Jet Intake CAI M-9603-M50CJ, Super Cobra Jet Mono Blade Oval Throttle Body M-9926-SCJ, FRPP 47# fuel injectors and of course get Shaun at AED to tune the new combo.

So what do the experts think, do it on my car or no?

EJR

Established Member
The intake will be Drews V.2 yes. He has been considering a V.3 with a 5" setup. Which is this is going to be done. Ill be comparing Drews current intake to Rev Autos. The car used will basically be a full bolt on boss 302.

Kooks 1 3/4 headers
Offroad 3" X
Custom 3" pipes
Bassani Mufflers
Meziere EWP
Lightweight drivetrain work
Ported CJ Manifold
Monoblade
Drews Intake/Rev Autos Intake
AED Tunes for both

The car made 450-455whp / 390-395wtq as a low-high with the untouched boss intake / stock tb / c&l 78mm air tube.

My guess is there will be no more then a 5whp difference between both intakes. I will be making multiple runs with each intake at all difference oil/coolant temps.

And yes the monoblade is the highest flowing TB.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
I want this, but wondering if it's worth it with my mods...

Auto. GT500 AB, Jegs cat deletes, AED tuned, JLT intake, 12' FRPP GT500 wheels.

I would certainly spend the bucks, but on the other hand I don't like just throwing money away if the HP isn't there. If you do it right these are the parts needed right? Super Cobra Jet Intake M-9424-M50CJ, Super Cobra Jet Intake CAI M-9603-M50CJ, Super Cobra Jet Mono Blade Oval Throttle Body M-9926-SCJ, FRPP 47# fuel injectors and of course get Shaun at AED to tune the new combo.

So what do the experts think, do it on my car or no?

Injectors are for E85 I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread