Cobra Jet manifold reworking

Voltwings

Established Member
Is anyone rocking this manifold with 3.31's? I'm really interested in this setup, but am not really wanting to switch to 3.73's.

EJR

Established Member
If you have a stick car... then 3.31s are just the wrong gear for the Boss/CJ intake. Auto cars, just go with a looser converter and the gear isnt noticable.

Voltwings

Established Member
If you have a stick car... then 3.31s are just the wrong gear for the Boss/CJ intake. Auto cars, just go with a looser converter and the gear isnt noticable.

Thats what i figured, and had talked myself out of it. Damn sexy setup though man.

goat-ee

Established Member
Looks really nice, is that a 01bluesnake CAI? Only thing missing is a heat shield. But otherwise that looks really nice!!! I would be surprised if you needed to tow the car to the dyno. Shaun's tune is surely not far away from good, especially if you just baby it there. Maybe just do the part throttle logs if your really worried, and let him update the tune if needed just to get it to the dyno.

Last edited:

EJR

Established Member
Looks really nice, is that a 01bluesnake CAI? Only thing missing is a heat shield. But otherwise that looks really nice!!! I would be surprised if you needed to tow the car to the dyno. Shaun's tune is surely not far away from good, especially if you just baby it there. Maybe just do the part throttle logs if your really worried, and let him update the tune if needed just to get it to the dyno.

Thanks. Thats Rev Autos intake. And I would be towing it to the dyno to avoid driving it in winter weather. Not because it doesnt run well lol

EJR

Established Member
Some final profession pics
DSC_4249_zpsdff56645.gif

Evan1_zps1ca7d52a.gif

DSC_4242_zpsebfc1411.gif

DSC_4211_zps1a7b7b8a.gif

DSC_4192_zpsbc8ac166.gif

Last edited:

twistedneck

Established Member
Engine bay looks best I've seen. I am for sure going to pull off the cloth insulation from everywhere and put a lithium prop c680 w/ Baschur tray.

Any ideas for the air box?

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member

Sorry….Is the $450 include a powder coat, or is that extra?…Also, I was under the impression that the BOSS strut bar would not fit over the CJ?….I have been seeing pics of the bar installed though, I assume guys are shimming the bar up to clear? I have a Steeda Strut Bar that I don't want to render useless if I go the CJ.

Sorry for all the questions…I'm going back and forth on this :bash:

EJR

Established Member
Sorry….Is the $450 include a powder coat, or is that extra?…Also, I was under the impression that the BOSS strut bar would not fit over the CJ?….I have been seeing pics of the bar installed though, I assume guys are shimming the bar up to clear? I have a Steeda Strut Bar that I don't want to render useless if I go the CJ.

Sorry for all the questions…I'm going back and forth on this :bash:

The pictures you see are just shimmed. And the 450$ gets you a gloss black or flat black finish by default. Its $550 for for it to be color matched to you car.

ford20

Established Member
Looks like you welded a bung on there for the PCV correct? Did Rev Auto do that or did you have someone else do it.

Thanks. Thats Rev Autos intake. And I would be towing it to the dyno to avoid driving it in winter weather. Not because it doesnt run well lol

Pussy

20140127_070908_zps4310d5a0.jpg

Go borrow someones tires :p

01bluesnake

Established Member
Evan, cars looks fantastic! These cars look sooooo much better with the engine bays tucked and cleaned. Time to get the pcm and fuse box relocated lol.

Looks like you welded a bung on there for the PCV correct? Did Rev Auto do that or did you have someone else do it.

Pussy

Hahaha. I believe they are using the JLT CAI push in adaptor to use the PCV hose.

Last edited:

EJR

Established Member
Evan, cars looks fantastic! These cars look sooooo much better with the engine bays tucked and cleaned. Time to get the pcm and fuse box relocated lol.

Hahaha. I believe they are using the JLT CAI push in adaptor to use the PCV hose.

Thanks man. That relocation is a bit more involved haha. And yes... There is a push in fitting.

Were you still planning on sending me an intake for testing?

Last edited:

EJR

Established Member

Pussy

Youre crazy... I just went for a quick drive with the daily... and there is too much condensation on the road for me to drive it. Yes im serious lol

Users who are viewing this thread