Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 is GO!

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
I will believe it when I see it. Probably just some pr to boost sales of Camaro since they are now sitting on the lots. The newness factor has worn off.

If and when it comes out price tag will be well over 50k I bet. The SS are right at 40k.

They have a local one sitting for weeks now. I had to get a part for work van. Salesman I had talked to before said your camaro is sitting out front (I had talked to when I was looking at a camaro or GT500). So I asked about it he said 43,900. I laughed and said good thing I paid 42.5k for a GT500 and its got a hand built supercharged engine. Sales man just laughed and said what ever floats your boat.
I said well faster car, collectablitly, less money = no brainer.

I ran into a SS earlier this week. Messed with him a little. My lane hit some traffic. He takes off weaving in and out and then cuts down some side road. A guy in a Chevy truck plus up along side giving me a thumbs up. At the red light he rolls down his window and says I guess that camaro didnt want any. He ran off like a scaled dog. I just laughed and said guess so.
I cant wait till I run into him again.

Last edited:

mullens

Established Member
44k for an SS? You have to be kidding. The way I hear it you can't even get a manual tranny yet due to design problems with the Hurst shifter.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
44k for an SS? You have to be kidding. The way I hear it you can't even get a manual tranny yet due to design problems with the Hurst shifter.

It was ugly. Red with black stripes. Black rims. And a automatic.

Ive seen few manuals out there. May have been a recall tho.

Salesman said a guy bought a red one and already had a superchrager put on it. I said really. Hmm intersting how much power did it make. He said around 500hp at the wheels. I kinda smiled and said I hope to see him on the streets one day.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 is GO! - Motor Trend

Will the 2011 aluminum block weight savings be enough?

We've all heard this before. :rolleyes: I'll believe it when I see it. :bored:

But just for fun, let's do some simple math here. The rumored 550 hp aluminum block GT500 should weigh ~100 lbs less than the current model. The rumored 556 hp Z/28 should weigh ~100 lbs. more than the current model. That would make the GT500 ~200 lbs. lighter. With both making about the same HP, I'll give the edge to the GT500 any day.
Bring it on. :burnout:

Last edited:

andrewrj

Established Member
Says the motor is out of the cts-v. Correct me if im wrong but I think that means the motor isnt forged. That means mod for mod the gt500 will kill

BleedBlueOval

Established Member
i wanna throw this out in the open, no one has yet to address it on any forum--

what are the S.B.C fans gonna say to Ford fans now that they have a blower coming from the factory? No more "ford sux cause they need a blower" comments anymore?
lulz

Captain Beyond

Established Member
i wanna throw this out in the open, no one has yet to address it on any forum--

what are the S.B.C fans gonna say to Ford fans now that they have a blower coming from the factory? No more "ford sux cause they need a blower" comments anymore?
lulz

:lol:

You can now tell them that GM sux cause they need a blower just to keep up with the GT500. :-D

Last edited:

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
Says the motor is out of the cts-v. Correct me if im wrong but I think that means the motor isnt forged. That means mod for mod the gt500 will kill

You may want to look up the specs on a 2009 CTS-V. Its pretty surprising to be honest. Its also supercharged with an Eaton blower and very easy to mod from what I have seen so far (600HP @ 13psi with a pulley/snout change and basic mods). In that case its a very decent forged power plant from what I can tell but I would prefer the 2010 Shelby anyday. I do like the CTS-V.

There are very many videos out there as well: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQPgrsT2bLM"]YouTube - 2009 Cadillac CTS-V Track Video[/ame]

Last edited:

earl lee

Established Member
I wouldnt hold my breath on expecting the next cobra to weigh less even if it has an aluminum block.

It will gain weight due to the sheer fact that it has to meet the new crash standards. Camaro already meets them current mustang does not.

Anyhow, im glad GM is getting back into the game.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

Look at eBay, 6 speed SS's are plentiful. The Hurst shifter is an option, not a regular production item. A base SS is no where near $44K, in reality it is not near $40K unless you also add in the T.T.T. I looked at a 2SS at a local dealership 2 weeks ago, it was $38K with an ADM. The ground effects kit (dealer installed), 21" wheels (ugly) and some other items will jack the SS up to, and over $40K, but not a regular 2SS, and then the 1SS (w/cloth interior) is even less, more like $35K. If you add the RS option (just over $1k) to the SS, it is still well under $40K MSRP.

If you are counting ADM's, as with the GT500's, the price can jump, but if you are comparing MSRP, mid-high $30K's for a well optioned car.

R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread