Check out this sweet van(gotta see it to believe it)

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
cant believe it made it long enough to look that bad. Aerostars were hunks of shit when they left the plant!

jleews6

Established Member
That thing should be taken off the road. Can you amagine how rotted the brake lines must be?
One thing to think about though. Even though he works at the mines and makes good money, you never know whats going on in his life. When my kid had cancer I went from having a brand new 03 Cobra,01 WS6,87 Grand National,93 Cobra and a mint 97 F250 to tow with sitting in my garage to driving an old pickup that was worth about $1500 at the most.:shrug:

shad2009

Tungsten GT
Established Member
guy makes $100k a year and drives around in that?!?!?!...rich people get money, won't spend it *shrug* lol

there's a guy here that owns Newbury St in Boston, and probably other properties as well...if anybody doesn't know newbury st, it's loaded with high end boutique shops...he drives around in a older volvo wagon (probably 01) nothing as bad as that death trap...Ma state police would have just blown it up and taken the hit in pay lol

cobraless

Established Member
I'm originally from MN so this is cracking me up, definitely a lot of people with money up there that could care less what they are driving. Pragmatic is a way of life. BTW, this could turn into a "post your rustbucket" thread pretty easily.

Monster Mach

Established Member
Hey guys he works for fords durability team he got fired back in 92 for never bringing the vehicle back tho

Deric

Established Member
You know those times when your friend is drunk and you have to drive them home in their car and you think, "Man, what a pile, I can't imagine driving this everyday." But then you realize thus guy does this all day every day and is probably so used to it that the steering feels rock solid to him!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Apparently it's still alive lol.

294F3C1E-0715-4D6D-AC85-2BCF53C812FA-3081-0000020642112038_zps1b72beaa.jpg

Thanks for the update. Man, that van now looks like it is just seconds away from literally falling apart.

blown87gt

Professionally charged GT
Established Member
Nope no testing of any kind in Minnesota. And yeah this guy isn't down on his luck or anything like that, he's just a nut job. Doesn't keep any of his money in the bank, he has it all at his house and he has an arsenal of guns. Looney tunes.

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
cant believe it made it long enough to look that bad. Aerostars were hunks of shit when they left the plant!

Actually Aerostars were tough as hell, they just ended up rusting into the ground.

We used to have one as a runner at a dealership I worked at and we beat the living daylights out of it and the thing never, ever broke down and only got retired after it was hit by a train.

-Steve

Deric

Established Member
Actually Aerostars were tough as hell, they just ended up rusting into the ground.

We used to have one as a runner at a dealership I worked at and we beat the living daylights out of it and the thing never, ever broke down and only got retired after it was hit by a train.

-Steve

We had one as our runner too. Which dealership? I was at Northstar in Duluth.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
I understand not wanting to drive a nice car during the winter, but good God! That thing isn't safe to look at, much less drive it.

Gray_Ghost

Established Member

-Steve

Pics?

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
We had one as our runner too. Which dealership? I was at Northstar in Duluth.

Quality Lincoln in Blomington, I'm at Tousley Ford now.

That was a long time ago, before digital cameras were even remotely common.

The guy driving wasn't paying attention to the lights at a level crossing and got blasted in the right rear of the van, got pretty lucky that the train wasn't going very fast and it was the rear that got hit and not the front.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread