Check out this new 4lb lower pulley that uses the factory cage

rudycobra

Established Member
what upper is usually ran with the 4 # lower? I currently have 2.93 with 2# lower and out out 15 #s boost on dyno, my tuner told me i could try a 4 3 with the 2.93 , is that a good idea?

cobracide

Established Member
what upper is usually ran with the 4 # lower? I currently have 2.93 with 2# lower and out out 15 #s boost on dyno, my tuner told me i could try a 4 3 with the 2.93 , is that a good idea?

Yes, great idea as long as you're ported. You will then be close to if not maxing out the Eaton, I see 16.5# on a 2.90 and 4# lower.

Last edited:

hinds04

Established Member
Anyone that has PM'd have any thoughts on the price? I'm just a little uneducated on the price of things like this I guess? Seem fair?

quikcobra

Established Member
Awesome Idea, But costs could get out of hand keeping the lowers in stock. But nothing a core charge wont take care of. Awe y'all going to make these for the gt500, lightning, ect...

I would try to patent for this, I heard some companies will take your idea and under cut you. I think it has happened even on this site before.

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
Awesome Idea, But costs could get out of hand keeping the lowers in stock. But nothing a core charge wont take care of. Awe y'all going to make these for the gt500, lightning, ect...

I would try to patent for this, I heard some companies will take your idea and under cut you. I think it has happened even on this site before.

patent would probably cost too much but its something to look into. I believe the GT500 do not have this piece, they use something totally different. The lightnings might be similar but i would have to see a pic of what they look like, this might be able to be retro fitted for them too.

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
this is not something that just anyone can put together on their own. We actually had to build 2 specialty tools just to assmeble this back together. The way Ford made these makes its somewhat difficult to take apart and the way the new pulleys are made is even harder to assemble correctly with out those tools i mentioned.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
running big displacement blowers and that have had problems with the stock lower damaging the rubber bushings from the pulley over-tightening itself.
It's good that you have addressed this early on. Hopefully you are also considering using different bushings in the pulley which seems to be another problem area. I had also considered developing a new lower setup at one time although my concept was quite a bit different than yours. Ultimately I decided that I didn't want to invest resources in solving the issues regarding retaining the stock cage. But it looks like you guys have really done your homework here... great job! I know what you guys did was difficult but it was the right way to do it. I'm sure you have a winner :beer:

Wayneo

Established Member
subscribing....... How long until you think these will be ready for purchase. If you already answered this im sorry didn't read all the pages.

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
Ive already posted on this and I think its a good idea but I cant get around one thing and that's if the rubber bushings on a stk setup wear out can you imagin the stress on it with a bigger lower setup.

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
I have a 2.76 upper with a snub idler. What size lower would be best to run on the stock eaton that I'm running?
I have the Steigmeier stage 4 port as well, it might even be a stage 5 is what I was told when I called.

Users who are viewing this thread