Check out this new 4lb lower pulley that uses the factory cage

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
Ok, so besides this having less pressure on the crank and uses stock parts, what else is an advantage? With the other lower pully's dont you have to get a pully install kit? Will we not need to buy this, so essentially we would buy this pully and just bolt it on?

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
Ok, so besides this having less pressure on the crank and uses stock parts, what else is an advantage? With the other lower pully's dont you have to get a pully install kit? Will we not need to buy this, so essentially we would buy this pully and just bolt it on?

Basically, those are the biggest, most important advantages. The more you can implement factory parts in the design the better, like i said these have already been proven by Ford. Also, as everyone knows, the factory cage set up keeps any extra stress off of the end of the crank. Basically with this, all i'll have to do is remove my stock lower assembly and put this new lower assembly back on. Everything is already assembled, just remove and replace and you're done

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Great idea and long over due!:beer::thumbsup::rockon:

For those who may not be aware of the issues here.
Supporting the snout of the crank reduces flexing and fatigue a lot. When removed as in many lower pulley options, more load and flexing has in many cases caused crank failures.

By retaining the factory snout support, while torsional stress increases from higher pulley ratios and more drag from larger, higher rotational mass blowers, the life of the stock crank should be greatly enhanced.

If this pans out, many builds that would have been risky without a Kellogg crank installed, will now, hopefully, be relatively safe from catastrophic crank failures.

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
Great idea and long over due!:beer::thumbsup::rockon:

For those who may not be aware of the issues here.
Supporting the snout of the crank reduces flexing and fatigue a lot. When removed as in many lower pulley options, more load and flexing has in many cases caused crank failures.

By retaining the factory snout support, while torsional stress increases from higher pulley ratios and more drag from larger, higher rotational mass blowers, the life of the stock crank should be greatly enhanced.

If this pans out, many builds that would have been risky without a Kellogg crank installed, will now, hopefully, be relatively safe from catastrophic crank failures.

you explained it much better than i could...thank you! :beer:

tarheeltrooper

900 H.P. Club
Established Member
Basically, those are the biggest, most important advantages. The more you can implement factory parts in the design the better, like i said these have already been proven by Ford. Also, as everyone knows, the factory cage set up keeps any extra stress off of the end of the crank. Basically with this, all i'll have to do is remove my stock lower assembly and put this new lower assembly back on. Everything is already assembled, just remove and replace and you're done

Awesome, just what I wanted to hear, thanks! I will for sure get one as well.

20psirabbit

Established Member
I've always been anti lower pulley for the reason of the crank snout issues, but this looks pretty kosher, I'd be interested in this as well :beer:

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
Looks good, my rubber bushings in my stk setup wore out and made my lower ring loose so thats the only thing IMO that I dont like. I havent seen or heard anyone brake a crank or crank snout with a Eaton setup w/lower, the only guys Ive heard to do this is guys with combos like 2.8/3.4 big twin screws w/lowers. Good job hope to see some for sale.

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
Idler pulley came in today and will work for the prototype lower. Still planning on installing and running this for the first time this saturday as long as we dont run into any unforseen snags. Hopefully everything goes good and i can post some more pics.

f2hatch

Established Member
Put me down for a 4lb pulley when these are ready. My PayPal will ready.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
As i stated on modfords, ill take a 4lb lower....i wanna spin the crap out of the whipple next year

Users who are viewing this thread